IGNORED

ignition questions

looking at the wiring diagram it looks like each plug is fired interdependently. Is there still a wasted spark firing on the exhaust stroke or can I time valve events off of the ignition signal? I am wanting to install fuel injection and i will need a signal that can be tied directly to a cam event if I want to use sequential injection instead of batch injection.

looking at the wiring diagram it looks like each plug is fired interdependently. Is there still a wasted spark firing on the exhaust stroke or can I time valve events off of the ignition signal? I am wanting to install fuel injection and i will need a signal that can be tied directly to a cam event if I want to use sequential injection instead of batch injection.

This is way above my pay grade, but here's a stab at it just because. The RSV ignition does have a wasted spark, and I imagine it fires on the exhaust stroke at the same degree as the power stroke. There'll be a few others that will blow this theory apart, but that OK..... :-) I don't know nuttin'.....

This is way above my pay grade, but here's a stab at it just because. The RSV ignition does have a wasted spark, and I imagine it fires on the exhaust stroke at the same degree as the power stroke. There'll be a few others that will blow this theory apart, but that OK..... :-) I don't know nuttin'.....
Thanks that's what I needed to know. Looks like I will be going with batch injection unless I can workout a cam angle sensor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fuel injection has been discussed here before, and a while back there was a guy machining injection systems that slid in where the diaphragms go, but he went out of business. A member here, Flying Fool, has the drawings. There's another member here that had a company from New York design a fuel injection system using a specially fabricated intake manifold and that system did use a sensor for ignition control. So, there's been actual projects using both sequential and batch injection. Both projects are going to cost you a lot of time and money, so you need to decide is it really worth it on a 25 to 30+ year-old bike...

Fuel injection has been discussed here before, and a while back there was a guy machining injection systems that slid in where the diaphragms go, but he went out of business. A member here, Flying Fool, has the drawings. There's another member here that had a company from New York design a fuel injection system using a specially fabricated intake manifold and that system did use a sensor for ignition control. So, there's been actual projects using both sequential and batch injection. Both projects are going to cost you a lot of time and money, so you need to decide is it really worth it on a 25 to 30+ year-old bike...
That's just the thing I already have time and money in the bike with a sidecar mounted and new forks going on. I am considering doing a hybrid build with a vmx1200 head and cam for a bit more pulling power. And the efi has a cople of reasons behind it. One is to make cold starts easer when it's below freezing, 2nd part is that I have to have a project at all times. I would be making a custom manifold with bungs welded on the runners and a single throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by mantree91

To answer your question, yes the engine does use the wasted spark method.

Rick F.