IGNORED

Atlanta advice

RDawson

I'll be coming through Atlanta tomorrow 2-3:00pm. Heading south on 75 to Daytona, I know with the road collapse traffic has shifted. Anyone familiar with the area have advice whether to run 75 or a better route? Gonna let the RSV stretch her legs for an 800 mile day. :7_6_3[1]:

Actually the road was fixed last year, in May. So no worries there. The guys will be able to give you better routes for scenic rides around the state towards Daytona. As far as avoiding traffic delays, there is major road construction just south of the I-75 I-475 merger in Macon-Bibb and Peach Counties and you do need to avoid that. 1 lane traffic for about 5miles and its more like stop than go. There's a detour around it at the Sardis Church exit. If you want more detailed directions I can give those. I live here.

Tricia

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The Bridge Collapse was INSIDE the beltway on I85 near where I75 and I85 and GA400 come togther just north of DOWNTOWN.

It is repaired already.

That would never be a good route to travel for a thru traveler anyway. You want to take the I-285 Beltway around the city on the west side and avoid downtown.

I say that not travelling downtown much myself. But always avoid downtown traffic if I can.

Maybe if you come down I75 between 1am and 3am the traffic would be light thru downtown. Otherwise, take the beltway.

The Bridge Collapse was INSIDE the beltway on I85 near where I75 and I85 and GA400 come togther just north of DOWNTOWN.

It is repaired already.

That would never be a good route to travel for a thru traveler anyway. You want to take the I-285 Beltway around the city on the west side and avoid downtown.

I say that not travelling downtown much myself. But always avoid downtown traffic if I can.

Maybe if you come down I75 between 1am and 3am the traffic would be light thru downtown. Otherwise, take the beltway.

I would tend to disagree. Most times the beltway (285) is a mess and I would do the straight shot through town. It just depends on the location of any given wreck on any given day. The collapsed bridge is no longer a factor. My advice would be to load a travel app like WAZE on your phone. Stop north of Atlanta and check the locale travel conditions at the time. Then pick the best route at that time. If you get to Atlanta during your time frame described on a Monday my bet would be the straight shot through downtown. But, the traffic in Atlanta is always a crap shoot. Good luck.

I agree with Dragonslayer on that one. I never take the loop. As he says, too many wrecks and lower speed limits too. I take 75 straight through downtown unless it's impassable from wrecks or road construction. Waze is your friend there.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I downloaded Waze and will try it. I'll play it by ear as I get close. I hope to have a little time to ride around but meeting the wife and kids down there. I'm sure they'll keep me busy all week. They left today to split the drive in half, I'm going to try to IB it in one day.

I avoid Atlanta at all cost. WE usually come up I 75 to Macon, then use 128 and 441 to Athens. Depends on how much time you have. Nicer roads and less traffic. Would be easier to cut over to I 95 that way if you went across 20.

-'m coming in from the west side so 75 is the closest route from Chattanooga down. Last time through Atlanta I was pulling a heavy trailer with a pickup and had to run 90-95mph just to keep from getting run over. If I can find a good route around Atlanta I'd be happier but its already a 12hr run at minimum. Really don't want to be on the road much longer, but more than that I want to get there with me and the bike in one piece.

My experience with most big cities that have "loops" like 275, 210, 485 etc is if you hit on non-peak traffic times your way better off with the straight thru method. The locals all live in the berbs and use the loops.

I have the Weather Channell for advice😝 What I do need is someone that can control it. Kids not happy with the beach situation. Huge breaking waves and flying sand. We'll find some seafood today and go to Tampa for roller coasters tomorrow.

Anybody that needs parts cleaned could hang them on the fence here, they'll be sandblasted by morning. On a good note our hotel has underground parking. Had a new van ruined by a tropical storm years ago, sand blasted, ac ducts full of sand, etc.