IGNORED

Why feet forward only on a touring bike does not work for Tip and I..

cowpuc

Just to demonstrate the vast differences in our personal needs in the bikes we may or may not select in the effort of making a scoot our own, I made a couple short video's.. Always remember (I try to) that we are all different and what works for you may not work for the next guy.. In our case, we actually have to have a bike that suffers from a little case of multiple personality syndrome...

I like the mid controls as well, my reasons are if a go off road. I like to have my feet under me where my knees can flex to absorb riding the rougher terrain and the standing. off road riding position. makes it easier to control the bike under these conditions (( like when the Garmin sends you down a cow path that was supposed to be a road :backinmyday:)) or to be able to rise off the seat when you hit a rough spot on the road, When your butt gets warm and sweaty :scorched:and you just gotta get up off that seat for a few minutes, Oh and yes twisties but also I like forward foot pegs for the flexibility of having an alternate position to put my legs on long rides. I don't like them so far forward that you legs are stretched right out but more to the point where your knees are still slightly bent like sitting in an old fashioned barbers chair

Yep, the mid controls of the '83 were the most comfortable ride I've had. I can go for miles CTFW in the laid back position, and occasionally moving the foot forward to the highway peg. Mid-controls are also great when riding in the twisties and carving arcs. Even though I ride 2ndGens now, I have never been quite as comfortable as when riding a 1stGen. But like you said in the video.. different strokes for different folks...

Glad to see you finally found a tripod.. :-) Now you need to do the videos on a Sunday AM instead of rush hour by the Santa Ana Freeway.... :whistling:

Edited by Condor

It is unlikely problems with HTML 5 has anything to do with your computer. It is most likely the browser being used is not up to the task.

It is both, I can not update the browser because the browser newer versions no longer support XP. The newer OS do not have drivers for this old computer.

So I can not update the OS which means I can not update the browser. When I click on the vid to start it is says that this browser does not support HTML5. So if the vids can be done in HTML4 then old people like me can view them.

It is both, I can not update the browser because the browser newer versions no longer support XP. The newer OS do not have drivers for this old computer.

So I can not update the OS which means I can not update the browser. When I click on the vid to start it is says that this browser does not support HTML5. So if the vids can be done in HTML4 then old people like me can view them.

What browser are you using Jeff?? On my old laptop I had to drop Firefox and go with Chrome to get video's to play.. I also know I had to update my Adobe Flash too.. Have you in the recent past been able to watch vids that I have posted? I have not switch camera's but I have been using a newer computer I picked up for cheap, maybe that is why your unable to view them.. Is it just my videos that I post on the site here? Maybe I am linking them wrong.. Can you still go to You Tube and watch video's there?

@Flyinfool can u play this:

Edited by cowpuc

Bummer!! It appears Chrome stopped supporting XP with version 50 and I don't know what version works with HTML5.

I did not, after a quick read, find that it supports HTML5 but perhaps SlimJet might work for you. Read about it here and if it looks good for you then get it from the SlimJet site here.

I have a set of the old boards here somewhere that fit on the crash bars with a lip to keep your boots on them. With the bars adjusted right this was a great laid back ride on the open road. Not so much on the Twisties.

I think those were put out by Markland. Definitely made for riding slab....