IGNORED

Anyone here have any experience with security camera systems?

Midrsv

I want to install a security camera system at my house. I would like 5 or 6 cameras around the perimeter to watch over the doors and driveway. I've been looking at some of the systems for under $500 that have a 8 cameras and a 1 or 2 TB DVR. In addition to the DVR I want to be able to access it remotely via the internet. I know nothing about the brands. Most I've never heard of. Like Amcrest, Zosi, Fredi, Best Camera, etc. I did see Samsung systems. Have any of you tried one of the systems? Can you recommend one over the other? The online reviews are all mixed.

Dennis

YI

[h=1]YI Dome Camera Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wireless IP Security Surveillance System 720p HD Night Vision (US Edition)[/h]

This is what i bought. no wires except power and i've got plugs outside on all 4 walls. Acrylic weather dome are cheap. They connect to your wireless router and you can get online data storage in15 or 30 day cycles. Then download the video you need to keep to your home computer. Think all in i've got $40 on the patio camera and $55 on the others (with domes). Alerts for movement right to my cell and to wifey's. Either of can download video from storage.

Is the quality of the picture good enough on the Samsung to actually identify the POS breaking into my property?

Picture quality is really the biggest thing. Just to have an unidentifiable pic of a shape moving around is of no use. I would want one that can read a license plate on the getaway car in front of the house. I see so many home (and business) security vids shown on the news but the quality is so bad that the perp could be my brother looking right at the camera and I would never recognize him.

To get into a quality picture is not inexpensive, and you really need massive storage to hold a decent amount of high quality video.

Another thing to consider, around here the crooks are getting smarter, If they see cameras, they will make an effort to find and steal the recorder too.

Picture quality is really the biggest thing. Just to have an unidentifiable pic of a shape moving around is of no use. I would want one that can read a license plate on the getaway car in front of the house. I see so many home (and business) security vids shown on the news but the quality is so bad that the perp could be my brother looking right at the camera and I would never recognize him.

To get into a quality picture is not inexpensive, and you really need massive storage to hold a decent amount of high quality video.

Another thing to consider, around here the crooks are getting smarter, If they see cameras, they will make an effort to find and steal the recorder too.

you are correct and I will have a picture of the crook coming in the house and if he finds where the recorder is located he must then break into a steel locked box that only I have a key to. but it hard to stop a thief if your not at home.