IGNORED

Yamaha Demo Truck cancels all rides scheduled for Foxboro, MA event

bostonlawman2003

Just saw this posted from the local dealer that has the Yamaha Demo Truck for the weekend. All the time slots for test rides on the 1 Venture they had on the truck were full, I hope they are explaining to everyone exactly what the issue is and not just leaving it at a "mechanical issue" This was posted at about 5pm this afternoon on the Mom'South facebook page, Mom's is a dealer out of Manchester, NH, Mom's South is their location in Foxboro, MA. Here's a link to the page if anyone is interested in seeing if there is any follow up to this photo they posted.

venture.jpg

Just saw this posted from the local dealer that has the Yamaha Demo Truck for the weekend. All the time slots for test rides on the 1 Venture they had on the truck were full, I hope they are explaining to everyone exactly what the issue is and not just leaving it at a "mechanical issue" This was posted at about 5pm this afternoon on the Mom'South facebook page, Mom's is a dealer out of Manchester, NH, Mom's South is their location in Foxboro, MA. Here's a link to the page if anyone is interested in seeing if there is any follow up to this photo they posted.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110418

Not to :stirthepot: in any way or to cause any of our members grief but, my guess why Mom Yam decided she needed to make some changes before allowing any more demoing or the shipping of the new scoot can be found at 2:20 in the vid below. Regardless of whether or not this is accurate - I think making sure her bikes are ready to go before putting them into the hands of the consumer is admirable of Mom Yam!!

New Venture demo rides were going on all day yesterday in Cherrokee NC. Had a dealer rally there and biker rally at Maggie Valley just next door. I rode up and spent the day at Cherrokee yesterday. I liked the BMW 1600B much better than the new Venture. Venture is too big and not near as agile for my riding style as the BMW. If I would buy a new bike other than another Harley it would be the BMW1600B good bike for the money.

They are/were a Victory dealer to if its the same one I'm thinking of. Guys over on the Victory site are always talking them up service, warranty and customer appreciation.

Yup, that's the one, they are still a Victory dealer and have a lot of new stock on the floor. They also carry Indian and Polaris / Slingshot. I'm not sure how long they have been with Yamaha, but it has been well over a year now. There was a large dealer down the road and across the street that started out as a small shop and tried to grow way to fast, they shut the doors about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago, I believe this is when Mom's brought in Yamaha.

Staff is very friendly but that's about all I can tell you about this place, I've never done any business with them other than to chat up the salesman while my dad was taking a Slingshot on a test ride a month ago.

They do pretty regular customer appreciation days, always advertised on the local radio with food, entertainment, and test rides.

My 05 RSV is leaking oil from the rear valve cover, and having just turned 41,000 she deserves to get her valve clearances checked too, I think this is probably a bigger job than I have the time or skill for at the moment, so I may be getting to know the folks down at Mom's a little better in the near future. I've yet to find a dealer locally that I trust to work on my bike.

All this mention of Polaris Victory just reminded me of something..

Another one of my huge flaws by some folks standards is my love for doing motorcycle Demo's even though I have absolutely no interest in purchasing a new bike (I am one of those kind of folks who would rather spread out my limited motorcycling dollar and own several used ones instead of putting all my cash into just one bike).. For many years Polaris Dealerships here, like Mom's, used to have regular Demo Days too.. Because of their openness to not requiring a purchase commitment (this will sound strange to some folks here but they actually made it clear that they WANTED people to attend these Demo's as often as possible even KNOWING we were not intending to buy at that time - maybe just trying to establish a relationship with folks?) my buddy's and I spent a fair amount of time riding the Victories thru the years and later, the new Polaris Indians..

Thru that I learned something.. To date, BAR NONE = the best riding/handling air cooled big twin scoot I have ever ridden is the now defunct Victory Vision 8 Ball..

I nick named that amazing scoot the "Weeble" after the "Weebles will wobble but they wont fall down" toys.. Talk about and inspirational machine!!

Better shut up,, sorry about the hijack Lawman - just got caught up in the moment!!