IGNORED

Cant put it off any longer.............

DragonRider

Well its been 10 days since my little mishap at Vogel. Thought that by know the swelling in my leg would have gone down by now, but it hasn't. Keeping it elevated, iced and staying off if it hasn't helped at all. Its not painful, but it is still very swollen and has some redness around it. So on Friday I will be going to the Dr. to see what the heck is going on. Just as Charlene gets good news and released from the doctor the other shoe drops and it happens to be mine................:crying::crying:

When I dropped my 04 Concours on my right foot because I was trying to keep it from going over like a big dummy, my foot was pinned under the bike and it broke my second metatarsel. I ignored it at first and after about 3 weeks my leg had swollen indicating blood clots in my lower leg. I was working away from home and the doc sent me to the emergency room and I stayed in the hospital for a day taking blood thinners. Being an old codger and sitting at a desk with the foot trauma caused the blood clot. I could see it on the ultrasound and it was about 6" long. 4 months of injecting myself with blood thinner and trying to keep that leg elevated and I was okay.

Had an appt. with my primary care physician for tomorrow, but got a phone call this morning, the Dr. was reviewing my file before my visit and wanted me to go to the ER to see if I had a blood clot, the ER was the last place I wanted to go, but in the end it cost me less to go there than to the DR, who would have sent me to an imaging facility to get x rays and an ultra sound, that would have been expensive even with my insurance, but at the ER one co-pay was much less than the other way. X rays were negative and the ultrasound was negative for blood clot. They weren't sure if it was a hematoma or an abscess so they tried to aspirate it to see what came out. Being a smart ass that I am I asked "what if nothing comes out", they laughed and said they would be dissapointed, guess what, first time nothing came out, so tried again different spot and finally got a drop of very dark blood. He decided to go a little deeper so stuck me 3 times with deadening agent and went really deep, but still not much. So patched me up, gave me a pain script and antibiotic and sent me on my way. And this is the way I spent 3 hours on my birthday!!!!!:thumbdown: High point of the day was picking up my grandsons and ,taking them to martial arts and out to eat, that was definitely more enjoyable that the start of my day.:fatsmiley:

Had an appt. with my primary care physician for tomorrow, but got a phone call this morning, the Dr. was reviewing my file before my visit and wanted me to go to the ER to see if I had a blood clot, the ER was the last place I wanted to go, but in the end it cost me less to go there than to the DR, who would have sent me to an imaging facility to get x rays and an ultra sound, that would have been expensive even with my insurance, but at the ER one co-pay was much less than the other way. X rays were negative and the ultrasound was negative for blood clot. They weren't sure if it was a hematoma or an abscess so they tried to aspirate it to see what came out. Being a smart ass that I am I asked "what if nothing comes out", they laughed and said they would be dissapointed, guess what, first time nothing came out, so tried again different spot and finally got a drop of very dark blood. He decided to go a little deeper so stuck me 3 times with deadening agent and went really deep, but still not much. So patched me up, gave me a pain script and antibiotic and sent me on my way. And this is the way I spent 3 hours on my birthday!!!!!:thumbdown: High point of the day was picking up my grandsons and ,taking them to martial arts and out to eat, that was definitely more enjoyable that the start of my day.:fatsmiley:

Told you they would lance/aspirate it. Hope it heals soon

Oh yea,.... :Happy Birthday:

I am glad your test came up negative. A blood clot is a serious matter. Especially if left untreated. It is not uncommon for those who get one and don't get treatment soon enough to end up pushing daisies. You made the right move going to the ER. Next time go sooner.

Mike