IGNORED

Wife's new Spyder

Freebird

Everything went smoothly today. The couple that we bought it from lived in Waterford, MI. They were coming to visit their daughter in Port Clinton, OH this weekend so brought it down in an enclosed trailer. It was every bit as nice as he had described it. I can't even find a rock chip or even a tiny bit of rust anywhere on it. Even the underside and suspension looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

So we paid the man, Eileen fired it up and we headed home. It was only about a 40 mile ride from Port Clinton back to our house in Oberlin. She was nervous at first but as soon as we got on OH 2, she cranked it up and we ran about 65 MPH almost all the way home. About 10 miles from home, the rain hit and it rained hard almost all the rest of the way home. I started to get her to pull over and tell her that I would ride it on home but then thought, heck, she wanted a Spyder so if she wants to be a rider, the rain is part of that experience. At 57 degrees and hard rain, I expected to here a bit of complaining but when we stopped for gas about 4 miles from home, she was all smiles.

So it is safely in the garage now and we plan to get out tomorrow and do a 2 - 4 hour ride. Yes, I'm going to FINALLY get my bike out of the garage. :) Really looking forward to it.

So here are some pictures of her taking possession of her new ride and one of her running down OH 2 at about 60 MPH. Just from following her, it appeared to track straight and true and she said there was no twitching or pulling so it appears that the alignment is good. It had about 6250 miles on it when he picked it up and all the tires look like they have a LOT of miles left in them with no strange wear patterns. In fact, you can't see any wear at all.

Here's another good thing. I just added it to my motorcycle insurance policy and because I now get the multi-bike discount again, adding the Spyder and Eileen as a driver on the policy, my yearly premium only went up $18.00. It just doesn't get much better than that.

IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0884.jpg IMG_0890.JPG IMG_0891.JPG

OUTSTANDING AND CONGRATS TO EILEEN NELSON ON HER NEW, TOTALLY AWESOME SPYDERRRR!!!!!!!!

:group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers:

NICE FIND BOSS - REALLY REALLY SHARP!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everything went smoothly today. The couple that we bought it from lived in Waterford, MI. They were coming to visit their daughter in Port Clinton, OH this weekend so brought it down in an enclosed trailer. It was every bit as nice as he had described it. I can't even find a rock chip or even a tiny bit of rust anywhere on it. Even the underside and suspension looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

So we paid the man, Eileen fired it up and we headed home. It was only about a 40 mile ride from Port Clinton back to our house in Oberlin. She was nervous at first but as soon as we got on OH 2, she cranked it up and we ran about 65 MPH almost all the way home. About 10 miles from home, the rain hit and it rained hard almost all the rest of the way home. I started to get her to pull over and tell her that I would ride it on home but then thought, heck, she wanted a Spyder so if she wants to be a rider, the rain is part of that experience. At 57 degrees and hard rain, I expected to here a bit of complaining but when we stopped for gas about 4 miles from home, she was all smiles.

So it is safely in the garage now and we plan to get out tomorrow and do a 2 - 4 hour ride. Yes, I'm going to FINALLY get my bike out of the garage. :) Really looking forward to it.

So here are some pictures of her taking possession of her new ride and one of her running down OH 2 at about 60 MPH. Just from following her, it appeared to track straight and true and she said there was no twitching or pulling so it appears that the alignment is good. It had about 6250 miles on it when he picked it up and all the tires look like they have a LOT of miles left in them with no strange wear patterns. In fact, you can't see any wear at all.

Here's another good thing. I just added it to my motorcycle insurance policy and because I now get the multi-bike discount again, adding the Spyder and Eileen as a driver on the policy, my yearly premium only went up $18.00. It just doesn't get much better than that.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110337 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110338 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110339 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110340 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110341

Wonderful Photos. So happy for you Eileen! Just be careful with that thang!

Yama Mama

Congrats to both of you.

Don,,,, you best keep practicing on that 2nd gen. Soon Eileen will get used to that machine and you'll wonder what happened. You'll be looking in the rear-view to see if she's ok, but she'll be only visible if you use a pair of binoculars to look ahead.

Ride safe you 2

Today we will find out if she can keep up. :) Actually, this will also be my first ride of the season. By the way, I STILL haven't ridden the Spyder. I'll give it a try sooner or later.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110344 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110345

Sure she is gonna Let Ya??? Only thing I see as already mentioned more lights on rear needed. And maybe a few on the sides like on the boards so she can be seen when you are looking in front of you to see where she went!!:innocent-emoticon:

Was a great ride. We went south a bit and had lunch in Coshocton, OH. Left here about 10:00 this morning and pulled back in around 8:00 tonight. Walked around for a bit after lunch and then started meandering back toward home. Of course we DID stop for Ice Cream. :)

Ended up being a 186 mile day and the weather was almost perfect. Just a bit cool at times but I didn't even take a jacket with me so it wasn't bad. Eileen did great. She is still a little tentative in the twisties but getting better all the time.

This was the first time the RSV has been out of the garage this year. It ran great as did the Spyder. All in all, a very good day. We were accompanied by our good friends Paul and Julie, (Motive here on the forum) and another couple who ride an Indian Chief and aren't members here.