IGNORED

Been a while since I’ve posted anything so here’s an update.

SilvrT

As some know, we bought a truck and 5th wheel trailer, sold the bikes, the house and much of our furniture and hit the road on our “Yerex Adventure” See, even the word has ‘Venture’ in it LOL.

We left Surrey, BC on July 16th heading for Prince George, BC. Had to take a long detour due to various highways being closed because of the many forest fires in our province. Prince George is the home of Nina’s brother (one of four). Parked the RV in his driveway and visited for 4 days. We then headed to Vancouver Island (leaving the RV in P.G. to visit with my nephew and attend Nina’s daughter’s wedding on Saltspring Island. While there we visited with Kerry and Janet (sailor).

Returned to P.G. after the wedding and camped at a lake just east of P.G. for 5 days. On the last day Nina’s arthritis in her knee flared up and she could barely walk so off to the hospital in P.G. we went. While she was in there being checked out I happened to drive into a Dodge dealer just to LOOK. At the time we were pulling the RV with our 2003 Ford F350 with a V10 gas engine. Although it’s a really nice truck and in good shape it has a lot of miles on it, sucks gas like crazy, and struggles to pull the trailer when going up hills.

An attractive lady sales person came up to me and asked if she could ‘help’ so I said, “Got any used diesel trucks?” … “Yes” she said “I have one” … By the time Nina was finished at the hospital, I had traded the Ford in on a 2016 RAM Lariate 3500 Mega Cab with Cummins diesel LOL!!! Unfortunately we had to wait 3 days so they could install a 5th wheel hitch and roof racks for our kayaks.

We left P.G. and headed east and arrived in Devon, Alberta on Aug 18th at a campground there where we stayed for a night. While there divey and Dale124 dropped over for a visit. Was great to see them and share some stories.

We then headed to Drumheller, Alberta to party with the dinosaurs and explore the area for a couple days.

After Drumheller we drove to Plenty, Saskatchewan where Nina’s cousin and his wife own the general store. Plenty is a bit south west of Biggar and this is an area where Nina’s uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents farmed.

After a couple days there we headed to Regina. Unfortunately, many of the roads around the area are gravel and in order to get to a paved highway that took us in the direction of Regina we had to drive appx 25 miles on gravel, Didn’t think much of it at the time and in fact, the gravel roads were smoother than some of the paved roads we’d been on getting to Plenty.

Arrived at a campground in Regina only to find that EVERYTHING inside the trailer was coated with dust and the kitchen area was so bad you almost needed a shovel to clean it up (just a bit of an “eggzaggerashun” LOL). It was hot, dry, a long drive, we were tired, and now this! Turned out there is a seal under the kitchen slide that wasn't doing it's job!

Anyhoo, we got it all cleaned up, had supper and went to bed. Next evening friesman and a couple other “biker” friends showed up and we had a great time visiting with them and sharing stories (mostly about our riding experiences of course).

We left Regina, ran into a massive rain storm near Brandon, Manitoba and arrived in Kenora, Ontario a couple days later. This is where we are now and have been for the past 3 days. Kenora is on the north end of the famous “Lake of the Woods” and is where I lived when I was 10 for a short time and again when I was 14-15. It has been fun showing Nina all my old “haunts” and putting real things to the stories I’ve told her about my days here and the shenanigans I used to get into.

Today we pack up and head further east so I’ll update this again in a few days.

Pics and more info can be seen on facebook. Find and friend me and I will invite you to join “The Yerex Adventure” there if you’d like.

Edited by SilvrT

It was great to hook up with you both Rick. Hope all the bugs are ironed out by now and you've got clear sailing from here on in. Looking forward to following your travels although I'm not on FB. Doug

Silver, how you liking the "little 6 cyl"? Mine is the old 12 valve stick. But anything I have hooked up to got moved with out a problem. 2500 is what I have. Fellow I bought it from hauled a 5er with it.They aint as fast getting going as a v 10 I'm sure but power you cant beat. I have been looking @ the Ford F 250 but would have to stay with a 2010 or newer in the Powerstroke as I wouldn't want to chance getting a bad previous edition 6.2 or whatever it ?is.

Glad your getting to do some traveling and visiting. Whats the plans for the winter

We camped at Pancake Bay for the night. It's just a bit north of Sault Ste Marie. Heading for Sudbury today. We might go to North Bay and head north to Cochrane but that's undecided at this time. We'll head south from there to Milton, ON where we'll park our butts for a few days while we visit with Nina's relatives.

Will try and hook up with y'all in the area if we have time.

LOVE this RAM! Pulls our trailer as if it isn't there.

Fuel economy could be better though. I'm going to look into getting it chipped and removing the emission crap or whatever they do as I've been told this will improve the fuel consumption quite a bit.