IGNORED

Something strange happened at Vogel.........

DragonRider

Something strange was happening at Vogel this year, names will not be mentioned to protect the innocent. It seems that the cabin that was occupied by several VR members had a jinx on it this year. All three riders staying in that cabin had some problem while there. It all started on the ride to the Dragon, one of the members on that ride had a small mishap when trying to avoid a house trailer being moved. The flagman would not let him pull up to a safe spot to pull over and was forced to try to stop in some deep gravel and this caused him to drop the bike and eject his poor wife to the ground, no damage done to the wife or the bike. This was just the beginning of the weird. While another VR member of that cabin was trying to park at the cabin in the park, this very experienced rider dropped his bike causing very minor damage to his bike, and also his leg when it came into contact with some part of the bike as it went over and he was stepping off, his leg swelled up like a cantaloupe and had to be iced for a period of time. Then all sorts little gremlins started popping up on his bike, wouldnt start, no headlight, loss of electrical to the entire bike. On Sunday this same member was visiting the campground before departing and gremlins showed up again, no power, bike would shut down immediately after trying to start, got that sorted out, and here comes another one, no clutch, all of a sudden no fluid in resv. for the clutch, find some brake fluid, bleed brakes and back to normal.

Then we hear that the 3rd party in the cabin dropped his bike trying to leave the cabin and needed help in righting his now blemished bike. So if you ever make it to Vogel for another event or visit on your own, stay away from cabin 30 that sucker is jinxed to hell and back. Sorry but pictures and names were not provided to protect the victims.

Edited by DragonRider

My advise, NEVER stay in any of the cabins up on the hill. Make reservations early and stay on the flat ground

No, I was not one that dropped a bike. and since we only had six bikes & two trikes. That it narrows it down pretty good.

My advise, NEVER stay in any of the cabins up on the hill. Make reservations early and stay on the flat ground

No, I was not one that dropped a bike. and since we only had six bikes & two trikes. That it narrows it down pretty good.

That's what I said.

And two four wheeled convertibles.

Edited by Dragonslayer

Back a few years ago Tip, Tweeks and I made a journey down south to look for Vogels.. Found em too.. Shortly after finding a Vogel,, and in the dark,, Dana and Jamie took the three of us trail riding up into the high country of Vogel to where "Fozzy Bear" lived.. I think Fozzy's home may have been one of the little cabins we are reading about here?? I know it was REALLY fun trail riding up there in the dark and I ended up balancing Tweeks on a rock and blocking her rear wheel with another when we went inside Fozzy's Place to tease em....

Anyone know if this was the same cabin = #30 ?? Or was this latest happening in a totally different than that which we experienced down yonder?? Either way,, glad everyone is ok,, and the gremlins associated with "Number 30" have since left the area and are not headed Northerly....

On another note,,, Skid said Superman was there?? Did anyone take a :photographing: of :superman:??? We folks who had to miss all the fun REALLY need to see :superman:,,, :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::fnd_(16)::think::sun1:

Edited by cowpuc

Oh yea,, another thought,,,, dont I recall Dana injuring his leg a year or two ago at Vogel?? Seems I remember pics of him sitting in a chair getting spoon fed and babied by beautiful women with his leg propped up... Was this another one of those instances?

Lets see,,, remembering that and thinking my feeble brain is still functioning to the point that it DOES remember that correctly,,,,, and that we are suppose to be guessing who fell over here,,, I am gonna guess that somehow it involved Rokon goofing off and trying to get someone to spoon feed him while he is on vacation.. :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

This was a different cabin not quite as high up as the other one.

Aww

Back a few years ago Tip, Tweeks and I made a journey down south to look for Vogels.. Found em too.. Shortly after finding a Vogel,, and in the dark,, Dana and Jamie took the three of us trail riding up into the high country of Vogel to where "Fozzy Bear" lived.. I think Fozzy's home may have been one of the little cabins we are reading about here?? I know it was REALLY fun trail riding up there in the dark and I ended up balancing Tweeks on a rock and blocking her rear wheel with another when we went inside Fozzy's Place to tease em....

Anyone know if this was the same cabin = #30 ?? Or was this latest happening in a totally different than that which we experienced down yonder?? Either way,, glad everyone is ok,, and the gremlins associated with "Number 30" have since left the area and are not headed Northerly....

On another note,,, Skid said Superman was there?? Did anyone take a :photographing: of :superman:??? We folks who had to miss all the fun REALLY need to see :superman:,,, :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::fnd_(16)::think::sun1:

You have probably been exposed to #28 which was equally as treacherous as #30 . There are on the same ridge at the bottom of dead man's turn on the up hill side of Blood Mountain. The rest of the park is in the bottom land around the lake or the gently rolling wooded hills for the most part.

About Superman,

While I did have the suit with me, there were no phone booths. There were shower house restrooms, but the floors were wet and dirty plus there was no privacy with all the campers both young and old scurrying about. I guess I could have gone off into the woods but there were also bears. I did try the suit on before leaving the hacienda just to make sure it didn't smell like dog. It didn't but the zipper was not as cooperative as I remember it being. I'm sure my girth may have expanded rather then the waist line shrinking. Then at the most entertaining opportunity Bubba, showed up and took the stage. And truth be told I was so busy laughing at Bubba that Superman's appearance seemed insignificant at the time. After all Bubba was much better known and appreciated then Superman was with this crowd since he has been a regular part of the entertainment of Vogels past. To make a long short story longer, Superman didn't make an appearance this time.

Sorry for any disappointment this may have caused you or anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, with all the talk about superman and bubba, at the next Vogel our Saturday event at the shelter will be a costume event, everyone will have to be dressed in some sort of costume, (being dressed as a biker will not count) and we will have a voting contest for best costume and give away a nice prize, so start thinking about that, you have plenty of time to do it.

You have probably been exposed to #28 which was equally as treacherous as #30 . There are on the same ridge at the bottom of dead man's turn on the up hill side of Blood Mountain. The rest of the park is in the bottom land around the lake or the gently rolling wooded hills for the most part.

About Superman,

While I did have the suit with me, there were no phone booths. There were shower house restrooms, but the floors were wet and dirty plus there was no privacy with all the campers both young and old scurrying about. I guess I could have gone off into the woods but there were also bears. I did try the suit on before leaving the hacienda just to make sure it didn't smell like dog. It didn't but the zipper was not as cooperative as I remember it being. I'm sure my girth may have expanded rather then the waist line shrinking. Then at the most entertaining opportunity Bubba, showed up and took the stage. And truth be told I was so busy laughing at Bubba that Superman's appearance seemed insignificant at the time. After all Bubba was much better known and appreciated then Superman was with this crowd since he has been a regular part of the entertainment of Vogels past. To make a long short story longer, Superman didn't make an appearance this time.

Sorry for any disappointment this may have caused you or anyone else.

OK, with all the talk about superman and bubba, at the next Vogel our Saturday event at the shelter will be a costume event, everyone will have to be dressed in some sort of costume, (being dressed as a biker will not count) and we will have a voting contest for best costume and give away a nice prize, so start thinking about that, you have plenty of time to do it.

Alrighty then. I'll be ready.:thumbsup::12101: