IGNORED

Season tire number 5 - going with Balancing Beads this time!!

cowpuc

Is it snake oil?? Only one way to find out IMHO = GO FOR IT!! You gotta know though,, I had the beads in my hand for a couple months now but I just could not take the chance of having a back tire bouncing its way all the way to California or even back out to Sturgis so I defaulted back to my lead weights for those trips.. Now its time to give em a test,, yep,, gonna put the snake oil in the water and give er a shake.. If it works - OUTSTANDING - if my mirrors shake at speeds over 80 - you will see a big ol :thumbdown: and ol Puc will go back to the lead weights of yesteryear.. and here we go!!

Puc I used Dynabeads for 4 or 5 years when I was riding the Venture and they worked fine for me. When I switched to the Goldwing I went with Centramatics front and rear. Same concept only they're bolt on with the wheel. I expect the beads will do just fine for you.

Dennis

Puc I used Dynabeads for 4 or 5 years when I was riding the Venture and they worked fine for me. When I switched to the Goldwing I went with Centramatics front and rear. Same concept only they're bolt on with the wheel. I expect the beads will do just fine for you.

Dennis

Middy,,, you do a fair amount of two uo touring, any near triple digits and on hot tarmac? My beads are in and Tweeksis is ready to roll.. Gonna spin er up, maybe tomorrow.. Give er a couple hundred for break in on the new tire and will share my thoughts.. Thanks for the encouragement = really really hope your right!!!

Puc

@jakester,,, got a quick question for you if you happen to find this.. Could you take a fairly precise measurement of your rear tire on your Wing for me? I need a good measurement on tread width and a good one on tire height.. Also, any idea what width of rim your wing has on it? I have been informed that a Car Tire will not fit on my 1st Gen by several sources BUT - given the results of those measurements, I may alter an old swing arm or sub frame if needed to try out a car tire like yours.. THANK YOU buddy,,, will let you know how I come out!!

Puc, I have run nothing but balance beads since 08. I have yet to have any of the tires/beads give me any shake. I have used them on the 07 Vulcan 900, the 09 RSV and currently on the Victory Cross Country. The only thing I have noticed is on the Vic occasionally when slowing down and @ say 15 mph no brake applied and one hand I may feel a front end sort of wobble thing. Nothing like I feel like I'm gonna crash, just that sort of wobble. I just throw another hand up and its about time to brake anyways.

Middy,,, you do a fair amount of two uo touring, any near triple digits and on hot tarmac? My beads are in and Tweeksis is ready to roll.. Gonna spin er up, maybe tomorrow.. Give er a couple hundred for break in on the new tire and will share my thoughts.. Thanks for the encouragement = really really hope your right!!!

Puc

I've done a fair amount of riding in 100+ temps and I usually cruise around 80 mph. I rarely hit triple digits, at least not two up.

Dennis

I've run beads thru several tires with good luck. However riding 2 up I would always feel a lot of vibration through the helmet near triple digits. Finally figured out it was coming from the back seat not the tires, that's how those hand prints always appeared on the back of my clean helmet.

I've run beads thru several tires with good luck. However riding 2 up I would always feel a lot of vibration through the helmet near triple digits. Finally figured out it was coming from the back seat not the tires, that's how those hand prints always appeared on the back of my clean helmet.

I am hearing ya on that one Daws,,, Tip n I are putzzn across Montana a number of years ago,, after a long morning of CTFW I feel a tap on my shoulder... She says,,, 115 all morning is a bit much sweetheart.. I told that her happiness in our rides was of utmost importance to me,, I then asked her for comfortable and perferable top speed at which I would gladly stay within.. Her reply,, 100 even.... I have rev limited to 100 ever since that day when two upping,,, yes, she has caught me n Tweeks several times when chasing down the occasional HD taillights that appear out of no where on the horizon (we, Tweeks n I, LOVE sneeking up on em and then BLASTIN past em with her water jug flyin in the breeze as together we test the boundries of the "H" rated tires on her rims) but generally speaking,,, 100 on the long haul across those long lonely stretches of vacant, open desert has served us well - matter of fact,, I have discovered that Tweeks LOVES 5200 R's in 5th as much as a kid loves ice scream,, she just runs n runs n runs there.... Wonder if Tip n Tweeksis got a conspiracy of some kind happening. :biker:

Edited by cowpuc

• 4 weeks later...
To revive an old thread Puc what did you think of the beads?

One of my favorite TV shows of all times was Hogan's Hero's. One of my favorite actors in that program was Richard Dawson - he starred as Corporal Peter Newkirk! So,, am I speaking to Corporal Newkirk,, gonna guess that I am!!! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

So,, Corporal Newkirk,,, INDEED - those beads have been working GREAT!!! Got number 5 well over 1/2 wore now and those balance beads aint missed a lick = definitely smooth as silk to infinity and beyond!! :thumbsup:

Someone, somewhere was inquiring about a video of the inside of number 5 (where those beads are rolling around) when I put Tweeks next new tire on - thinking it was one of the subscribers to my videos on You Tube.. That will more likely than not be till next spring BUT - might wanna keep your eyes here in the Water Hole cause as sure as we are Venture Riders,, it will happen and when I make that video I will more likely than not toss a copy into our Water Hole to see if I can make some ripples.:hurts::thumbsup2::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Thanks for asking,, Peter!!:beer:

One of my favorite TV shows of all times was Hogan's Hero's. One of my favorite actors in that program was Richard Dawson - he starred as Corporal Peter Newkirk! So,, am I speaking to Corporal Newkirk,, gonna guess that I am!!! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

So,, Corporal Newkirk,,, INDEED - those beads have been working GREAT!!! Got number 5 well over 1/2 wore now and those balance beads aint missed a lick = definitely smooth as silk to infinity and beyond!! :thumbsup:

Someone, somewhere was inquiring about a video of the inside of number 5 (where those beads are rolling around) when I put Tweeks next new tire on - thinking it was one of the subscribers to my videos on You Tube.. That will more likely than not be till next spring BUT - might wanna keep your eyes here in the Water Hole cause as sure as we are Venture Riders,, it will happen and when I make that video I will more likely than not toss a copy into our Water Hole to see if I can make some ripples.:hurts::thumbsup2::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Thanks for asking,, Peter!!:beer:

I'm only 38 years too young to be Peter but I sure like those old shows too, much to the chagrin of the better half. Good part of that I'm the R Dawson still alive and kicking. Butttt he is the one that got to kiss all those pretty women on Family Feud.:dancefool::clap2: