IGNORED

Looking for new Helmets!!

baylensman

• 8 months later...

Arai...totally. You pay more, you get more.

Also, you can totally be guaranteed to get the proper head-shape fit. If you pick the right one...there will be absolutely no pressure points, especially the forehead. I am (shaved) totally bald, so I use the Silken's helmet liner, (the same thing you see astronauts use) to avoid skin oil contact with the interior lining, so that is also a consideration when properly fitting both my wife and myself. The best fit (IMPO) is always a dealer that has a helmet boutique, where you can try on all three of the different head shapes that Arai offers. For myself, I need the Long Oval, so there is no pressure point being applied to my forehead. I own their 3/4 and full face. 3/4 for Touring, and my full face for Sports/Touring.

They cost more...but you get more. Fit, finish, and safety standards.

Arai, all the way...

Started taking alive before bed, tired of sore hips waking up.
My hips had me flopping like a fish out of water at night for a while. Lidocaine patches are now 4% lidocaine over the counter and they really help me get some sleep. But they're not cheap. About a dollar a night. I caught one in half and put half on each hip. Now this will sound strange but riding the bike makes my hips feel better at night and I get to sleep without the patch.

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

Arai...totally. You pay more, you get more.

Also, you can totally be guaranteed to get the proper head-shape fit. If you pick the right one...there will be absolutely no pressure points, especially the forehead. I am (shaved) totally bald, so I use the Silken's helmet liner, (the same thing you see astronauts use) to avoid skin oil contact with the interior lining, so that is also a consideration when properly fitting both my wife and myself. The best fit (IMPO) is always a dealer that has a helmet boutique, where you can try on all three of the different head shapes that Arai offers. For myself, I need the Long Oval, so there is no pressure point being applied to my forehead. I own their 3/4 and full face. 3/4 for Touring, and my full face for Sports/Touring.

They cost more...but you get more. Fit, finish, and safety standards.

Arai, all the way...

My wife and I have Arai Corsair X helmets, they are light, full face and they flow a ton of air in the upright riding position. We have Sena 30K bluetooth head sets installed on the helmets. Expensive? Yes, but the fit and comfort is outstanding.