IGNORED

Almost made it to Testy fest, but Reba changed her mind :-0

Getting her gassed up to ride and when i went to start her up, turn the key on and nothing. Checked fuses and all seem good. Still has old fuse holder and one set of newer fuses. Friend brought tester.

Battery at 12.3

no 12, vat any red wires with key on.

No Lights, no warning test lights. nothing

Thinking may be that wire in the ignition switch broke loose. found a response on here while waiting for the tow truck( thank you AAA+ RV:cool:)

Oh yeah, I did wash her. Maybe its a bath rebellion.:whistling:

Hadn't finished searching on here, But will keep looking:confused:. Any help is appreciated. :2cents::confused::8:

:beer:Guess no testy fest:moon:, Kinda smokey with all fires anyways:scorched:. Was looking forward to the ride over. :-(

Edited by NewbeeMC9

OK, it sure does sound like the fault is with the ignition switch or the big connector going to it. You are turning the switch to "run" and not just on accessory, correct?

Also, check the main 45A fuse, it is an inline link type fuse. You will find it by just following the red main lead from the battery. It is on a plastic block, and there should be a spare in the holder unless someone used it or you lost your clear plastic cover and it fell out...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/88-89%20Yamaha%20Venture%20DU%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20D.pdf

OK, it sure does sound like the fault is with the ignition switch or the big connector going to it. You are turning the switch to "run" and not just on accessory, correct?

Also, check the main 45A fuse, it is an inline link type fuse. You will find it by just following the red main lead from the battery. It is on a plastic block, and there should be a spare in the holder unless someone used it or you lost your clear plastic cover and it fell out...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/88-89%20Yamaha%20Venture%20DU%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20D.pdf

Yep, nothing lighting up in ignition or ACC. at least now I have beer, and not stuck in the middle of nowhere. :-) 'tis hot out there. The holder is right next to the block on top of the battery, both fuses look good. Guess I need to look for that connector next.

Another thing to check is the ground wire where it connects to the engine/frame. It may be corroded! I sort of agree with Blue Sky except that, even with 12.2 volts you should at least get a dash display as long as you read that voltage with the ignition switch on! Double check and clean BOTH battery connections!

Hopefully, you had a decent beer and not some cheap suds!!

Another thing to check is the ground wire where it connects to the engine/frame. It may be corroded! I sort of agree with Blue Sky except that, even with 12.2 volts you should at least get a dash display as long as you read that voltage with the ignition switch on! Double check and clean BOTH battery connections!

Hopefully, you had a decent beer and not some cheap suds!!

Had a smorgasbord of beers. Celiac so hard to find good beers. Found Ghostfish, out of seattle. not too shabby. Then there's grounbreaker out of Portland. I don't know how long it's been since I just had beer and tinkered.

EUREKA! It's the 40 amp fuse! Blasted! Took the battery out to charge and started dinking around the battery box, pulled out the starter solenoid and the 40 amp fuse was beside it. Somebody had put a tie wrap around it to hold it together. lol.

Still has spare. going to go see if I can get a suitable replacement and/or more spares. Don't want to get stuck.

Also wonder what might have made it blow while just sitting there gassing up.??? might want to fix that too, lol

Charged the battery up and stuck one of the spares in there. put it back together and she fired right up pretty as you please.

Don't know why it blew, maybe i washed it and Cowpuck may have mentioned not doing that. lol.

Found a big MAXI fuse holder, like the thumper stereos like to use, may replace it with that. Has anybody used an auto resetting breaker there?

Thanks, always learning.