IGNORED

Tuff Little guys

snyper316

I have had the pleasure of losing oil in a car due to hitting one of these. So far I have been lucky not to hit one with a motorcycle and hope I never do after seeing what happened to the underside of a car and slicing a hole in my oil pan... Now I know do not try to shoot it either. I don't know why I would want to in the first place but just a not to self...

http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/weird/man-injured-after-bullets-ricochet-off-of-armadillo/782197339

They dig holes under your house and are very hard to get rid of, they typically will not go into a metal trap, they do not see well so they keep their snout in the dirt as they look for food, as soon as they bump into the metal on a trap they go the other way. They also jump straight up when startled, that is what they do when a car passes over them. If they did not jump up most cars would pass over them and never touch them. I do not want to hit one on the bike would be like hitting a large rock.

They dig holes under your house and are very hard to get rid of, they typically will not go into a metal trap, they do not see well so they keep their snout in the dirt as they look for food, as soon as they bump into the metal on a trap they go the other way. They also jump straight up when startled, that is what they do when a car passes over them. If they did not jump up most cars would pass over them and never touch them. I do not want to hit one on the bike would be like hitting a large rock.

That is helpful information to know about the critters. The only thing I really knew about them was that they could transmit leprosy. They are now in Georgia and I see them dead along the roads all of the time.

They don't see very good so the trick is to whistle at them. They will stand up on their hind legs and try to figure out where the sound is coming from and that makes them vulnerable to launched projectiles.

Growing up in NE Texas, they were a regular sight. They would play havoc on your lawn in the hot summer. We would water the lawn to keep it green and then they would show up at night dig for insects in the moist earth.

It is true that they don't see very well. I've been in the woods and seen them coming towards me. I could stand very still and they would walk right up a trail and start sniffing my boots.

Growing up in NE Texas, they were a regular sight. They would play havoc on your lawn in the hot summer. We would water the lawn to keep it green and then they would show up at night dig for insects in the moist earth.

It is true that they don't see very well. I've been in the woods and seen them coming towards me. I could stand very still and they would walk right up a trail and start sniffing my boots.

But, why would you want them to. They don't look very tasty.

Argh they are a PIA. They dig up the yard, if you store cat food say in they garage they can ge in there and make a mess. WE use to feed yard cats in Oklahoma on a porch. Them things would tip over food or steal it. So I have shot my fair share of them. 22 Mag hollow points. Got me few possums too.

I had one dig a hole under the slab of the house, I tried everything to persuade it to leave, red pepper, commercial critter abatement potions, moth balls, big rocks and a few other things that I have forgotten, the only thing that worked was when I took the ashtray out of a friend's car and dumped the ashes and cigarette buts down the hole, the critter never came back. Filled in the hole and drove about 6 lengths of rebar down in front of where the hole was and buried chicken wire in the dirt in front of the rebar. The bugger never came back.

I had one dig a hole under the slab of the house, I tried everything to persuade it to leave, red pepper, commercial critter abatement potions, moth balls, big rocks and a few other things that I have forgotten, the only thing that worked was when I took the ashtray out of a friend's car and dumped the ashes and cigarette buts down the hole, the critter never came back. Filled in the hole and drove about 6 lengths of rebar down in front of where the hole was and buried chicken wire in the dirt in front of the rebar. The bugger never came back.

No wonder