IGNORED

Sturgis 2017 who's going?

jakester

I will be heading out on Thursday planning on arriving on Friday. Pitching my tent at Glencoe camp. Probably stay til mid week and head back and spend a few days in Colorado If anybody else is going, it would be nice to meet up like we did a couple of years back (the pie butt 22.5 or something like that).

+3

Tip, Tweeksis and Puc will probably be tossing the tent down on this spot known as Puc's Place:

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4463427,-103.3799381,128a,35y,45t/data=!3m1!1e3

Although much quieter and less expensive than most camps, it is the deluxe area with bikes passing by in the distance on their way to and from the large campgrounds, cool South Dakota prairie breezes and other places of interest during the rally such as the town of Sturgis.. All welcome to camp there if needed,, if the 3 of us dont show up sometime during the night cause we got caught up in some distracting goings on (that happens at the rally,, a lot) just help yourself to the soft alfalpha mattress that grows over the Horse, Buffalo and Cow puc in that location..

Jakester,, lets try meeting at the Yamaha Shop in Sturgis again like we did last time,, would LOVE to see you folks = here is a shot of the joint for anyone looking for it - it should appear dead center of your puter screen -https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4168002,-103.5365433,125a,35y,45t/data=!3m1!1e3 !! Sayyy,, shoot for Noon on Saturday? Then lets plan another one,, same time = Noonish on S7unday in case any of us are unable to make Saturdays... Sounds like the 18's are gonna be at the Rally for testing,,, if Mom Yam sets up in the parking lot and things are overwhelming (cant imagine that being the case - in allll my years of hittin the rally - I dont EVER remember a time when folks showed the least interest in anything not domestic V-Twin) we could use the Burger King across the road and back toward town for an alternative meeting area....

FYI - we rolled thru the area twice this month on the scoot on the way to and from the west coast.. Our phone had NO service the whole time we were gone for some reason - its a Trac Phone - and did not recover until we got back to Michigan..

Polaris has a new Indian dealership right after you get into town on Lazell St. The actual dealership is one road back from Lazell - AWESOME shop if anyone is into the new Indians..

Since that little chicken joint on Lazel that always held their prices down during the rally closed up, the closest decent chicken is at KFC in Spearfish.. Usually not busy.. If you wanna find me/us during feeding frenzy time - might check there...

Its a ways out there,, definitely more than a day ride but Tip and I found out about The Flaming Gorge area on our way out this month.. If your coming to the rally from the west and have time,, ya gotta drop down on 191 off 90 and tour that area,,, WOW is it GORGEous!! If this cooler weather holds up (it was 107 out there earlier this month and that hot tarmac still EATS tires by the way) the 3 of us may very well head back over there for some more fun in that area....

Also,, I believe Aussie is on his way from down under to tour the States and is planning on hitting the rally.. Aussie,, PLEASE look us up if your in the area - would LOVE to make your aquaintence.. Matter of fact,, I will try and hit the Yamaha Shop parking lot at noon when ever possible (besides Saturday and Sunday mentioned earlier) as a rally point in hopes of meeting you.. Will also do the same after dark - sayyy,,,, 10pm during the rally.. Hopefully you made it in country and all is good with the scoot your buddy grabbed for you!!

Cant think of anything more at this time,, will add to this thread if anything comes to mind concerning the rally!!!!

Gonna be fun!! See ya soon Jakester - and any and all of you lop eared varmints out there !!!

Puc,,,,, Tip,,,, and Tweeks too!!

P.S. THANKS for posting this thread Jakester!!

Hey Puc.....don't forget we will be there (hopefully) mid-week, staying in Rapid City. :happy34: I've got your cell# and you've got mine, so maybe. :confused07:

Leaving thursday via Lake Express ferry across the big pond and staying in Beloit WI for a few days to see our new great-granddaughter. :banana:

Hope to hook up with you guys somewhere.....:beer:

I live 10 minutes outside west Rapid City, during the rally I stay off the bikes and go to town as little as possible, but if any of you folks hanging in Rapid want to meet up for breakfast or something one of the days your here I'm game, besides it's cool to meet others from the forum. This is really an amazing area to ride and the weather has been awesome, usually around 88-95 with a few evening showers now and then. It promises to be a good year for this.

+3

Tip, Tweeksis and Puc will probably be tossing the tent down on this spot known as Puc's Place:

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4463427,-103.3799381,128a,35y,45t/data=!3m1!1e3

Although much quieter and less expensive than most camps, it is the deluxe area with bikes passing by in the distance on their way to and from the large campgrounds, cool South Dakota prairie breezes and other places of interest during the rally such as the town of Sturgis.. All welcome to camp there if needed,, if the 3 of us dont show up sometime during the night cause we got caught up in some distracting goings on (that happens at the rally,, a lot) just help yourself to the soft alfalpha mattress that grows over the Horse, Buffalo and Cow puc in that location..

Jakester,, lets try meeting at the Yamaha Shop in Sturgis again like we did last time,, would LOVE to see you folks = here is a shot of the joint for anyone looking for it - it should appear dead center of your puter screen -https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4168002,-103.5365433,125a,35y,45t/data=!3m1!1e3 !! Sayyy,, shoot for Noon on Saturday? Then lets plan another one,, same time = Noonish on S7unday in case any of us are unable to make Saturdays... Sounds like the 18's are gonna be at the Rally for testing,,, if Mom Yam sets up in the parking lot and things are overwhelming (cant imagine that being the case - in allll my years of hittin the rally - I dont EVER remember a time when folks showed the least interest in anything not domestic V-Twin) we could use the Burger King across the road and back toward town for an alternative meeting area....

FYI - we rolled thru the area twice this month on the scoot on the way to and from the west coast.. Our phone had NO service the whole time we were gone for some reason - its a Trac Phone - and did not recover until we got back to Michigan..

Polaris has a new Indian dealership right after you get into town on Lazell St. The actual dealership is one road back from Lazell - AWESOME shop if anyone is into the new Indians..

Since that little chicken joint on Lazel that always held their prices down during the rally closed up, the closest decent chicken is at KFC in Spearfish.. Usually not busy.. If you wanna find me/us during feeding frenzy time - might check there...

Its a ways out there,, definitely more than a day ride but Tip and I found out about The Flaming Gorge area on our way out this month.. If your coming to the rally from the west and have time,, ya gotta drop down on 191 off 90 and tour that area,,, WOW is it GORGEous!! If this cooler weather holds up (it was 107 out there earlier this month and that hot tarmac still EATS tires by the way) the 3 of us may very well head back over there for some more fun in that area....

Also,, I believe Aussie is on his way from down under to tour the States and is planning on hitting the rally.. Aussie,, PLEASE look us up if your in the area - would LOVE to make your aquaintence.. Matter of fact,, I will try and hit the Yamaha Shop parking lot at noon when ever possible (besides Saturday and Sunday mentioned earlier) as a rally point in hopes of meeting you.. Will also do the same after dark - sayyy,,,, 10pm during the rally.. Hopefully you made it in country and all is good with the scoot your buddy grabbed for you!!

Cant think of anything more at this time,, will add to this thread if anything comes to mind concerning the rally!!!!

Gonna be fun!! See ya soon Jakester - and any and all of you lop eared varmints out there !!!

Puc,,,,, Tip,,,, and Tweeks too!!

P.S. THANKS for posting this thread Jakester!!

I also heard Superman will be there.

Hey Puc.....don't forget we will be there (hopefully) mid-week, staying in Rapid City. :happy34: I've got your cell# and you've got mine, so maybe. :confused07:

Leaving thursday via Lake Express ferry across the big pond and staying in Beloit WI for a few days to see our new great-granddaughter. :banana:

TOTALLY AWESOME MIRIDER = CONGRATS TO YOU AND THAT PRECIOUS BETTER HALF OF YOUR = TIP AND I BEEN HAVING A BALL MESSING WITH "BIRDY"(my nickname for him) WHO IS NOW 6 MONTHS OLD = YOU TWO HAVE THE RICHEST BLESSING OF ALL!!! Give that little one a hug and a gentle kiss on the forehead for us brother!!

As far as the rally,, we will probably not be in town longer than a couple days. If the weather stays cooler like it is, we are hoping to return to southwest Wyoming to retour the flaming gorge BUT - if we do that there is a really good chance we will hit the Rally end on our way back in.. We just did the West Coast and gotta tell ya,, as soon as we left Michigan our cell was done and it didnt return until we got back on this side of the lake while crossing on the Ferry.. Literally, NO phone service.. Was REALLY strange because we have used Trac Phone like we have in the past in off kilter places like Yellow Stone and it worked fine - we were in Yellow Stone on our way home a week or so back and NOTHING = NADA = DEAD!!!

A couple of times the phone did read "roaming" but 99% of the time = NO SERVICE! It sounds like Jakester may have some inside info on what was wrong? If this it case and its fixed then by all means = PLEASE call and leave a message AND send me a text to my cell!! Do so regardlessly PLEASE!! Its worth a shot =would LOVE to see you folks out there!!

Have a FUN and SAFE journey Dave and Sue,,, Candy,, you listening? You take care of those two varmints ya hear? Mind your manners out there in Hog Heaven - dont you be getting distracted with all those GORGEOUS Harleys buzzin around ya!!

Hey Puc

Yamaha shop is great, like last time. Lucretia is not coming this time, just me. The Phone towers should be up and running by rally time. see yall there.

Bill

Hey Bill - you heard something or know something about why our phone wasnt working out there earlier this month?

I live 10 minutes outside west Rapid City, during the rally I stay off the bikes and go to town as little as possible, but if any of you folks hanging in Rapid want to meet up for breakfast or something one of the days your here I'm game, besides it's cool to meet others from the forum. This is really an amazing area to ride and the weather has been awesome, usually around 88-95 with a few evening showers now and then. It promises to be a good year for this.

Got that right brother!! We been watching the cooler weather FINALLY roll in and if it stays like this = OUTSTANDING RIDE TIME!!

I/we do VERY little touring of the Black Hills during the Rally Casey for probably EXACTLY the reason you hide out!! Wayyyyy to many crazies and wayyyyy to many bikes to be able to do the Hills any form of rightgeous touring = those 4 hour lines waiting to even get into Keystone are insane = definitely NOT my style.. Being in the area though, it would be AWESOME to say wassup and all that... Wonder if moving our Sunday rally point over your way,,, say NOON at the Arby's on the 16 Byepass just off "90"? It would be exit 61 off "90" and then south one block to the corner of Elgin/Cheyenne and 16. ARBYS is on the north east corner of that intersection = very very easy to find!! Here is a link to the spot of which I speak: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.0944953,-103.1513719,267a,35y,44.96t/data=!3m1!1e3

If this is good with all,, then we have a rally point on Saturday at noon = Yammy shop in Sturgis and another rally point on Sunday at noon = Arby's in Rapid City, exit 61 = south one block to Arby's.. Sound good gang????

I also heard Superman will be there.

South Dakota will never be the same once the Man Of Steel appears on the scene... :big-grin-emoticon: Hey Bob,,thinking out loud here,,, lets toy around some on the internet and see if we can come up with the Sturgis street cams.. If so and we can identify exactly where they are, the Man of Steel will do some fly by's at predetermined times so you (and any one else who is interested) can see your 2 dollar investment in ACTION :big-grin-emoticon::mugshot::missingtooth::superman::superman::superman::guitarist 2::rotf:

Ya know I only live 4 miles from where the Lake Express unloads you......................

Make sure you at least wave as you go by.............................

Ya know I only live 4 miles from where the Lake Express unloads you......................

Sure Dave,, go ahead,,, wave at Flyinfool,,, the big question is,,, can ya get em to wave back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time we came thru there he chased us out with buckets and buckets of rain = 7 inches in 24 hours!! Hey Jeff,,, have those skys over there finally cleared up?

@Hoss,, Dale you coming in for this one? Bout due for another round of pie brother - hope to see ya if ya make it out!!

Hey Bernie,, no idea if your following this,, you get into town would love to see you too brother,,,,,,, hop on that gorgeous Road Glide and shoot over to the Yam Shop!!!

Unfortunately, waving is about all we'll have time to do.....:doh: Taking the late afternoon boat and need to be in Beloit by 7 pm.

Phone service, I was at Sturgis with Brian(Tx2Sturgis) couple years ago, he showed me the temporary phone towers ,and they waited til Friday before rally to turn them on. Then my phone got a great signal for the rest of the time in the Black Hills. No secret handshake needed...Just wait til they flip the switch.

Bill

TOTALLY AWESOME MIRIDER = CONGRATS TO YOU AND THAT PRECIOUS BETTER HALF OF YOUR = TIP AND I BEEN HAVING A BALL MESSING WITH "BIRDY"(my nickname for him) WHO IS NOW 6 MONTHS OLD = YOU TWO HAVE THE RICHEST BLESSING OF ALL!!! Give that little one a hug and a gentle kiss on the forehead for us brother!!

As far as the rally,, we will probably not be in town longer than a couple days. If the weather stays cooler like it is, we are hoping to return to southwest Wyoming to retour the flaming gorge BUT - if we do that there is a really good chance we will hit the Rally end on our way back in.. We just did the West Coast and gotta tell ya,, as soon as we left Michigan our cell was done and it didnt return until we got back on this side of the lake while crossing on the Ferry.. Literally, NO phone service.. Was REALLY strange because we have used Trac Phone like we have in the past in off kilter places like Yellow Stone and it worked fine - we were in Yellow Stone on our way home a week or so back and NOTHING = NADA = DEAD!!!

A couple of times the phone did read "roaming" but 99% of the time = NO SERVICE! It sounds like Jakester may have some inside info on what was wrong? If this it case and its fixed then by all means = PLEASE call and leave a message AND send me a text to my cell!! Do so regardlessly PLEASE!! Its worth a shot =would LOVE to see you folks out there!!

Have a FUN and SAFE journey Dave and Sue,,, Candy,, you listening? You take care of those two varmints ya hear? Mind your manners out there in Hog Heaven - dont you be getting distracted with all those GORGEOUS Harleys buzzin around ya!!

Hey Bill - you heard something or know something about why our phone wasnt working out there earlier this month?

Got that right brother!! We been watching the cooler weather FINALLY roll in and if it stays like this = OUTSTANDING RIDE TIME!!

I/we do VERY little touring of the Black Hills during the Rally Casey for probably EXACTLY the reason you hide out!! Wayyyyy to many crazies and wayyyyy to many bikes to be able to do the Hills any form of rightgeous touring = those 4 hour lines waiting to even get into Keystone are insane = definitely NOT my style.. Being in the area though, it would be AWESOME to say wassup and all that... Wonder if moving our Sunday rally point over your way,,, say NOON at the Arby's on the 16 Byepass just off "90"? It would be exit 61 off "90" and then south one block to the corner of Elgin/Cheyenne and 16. ARBYS is on the north east corner of that intersection = very very easy to find!! Here is a link to the spot of which I speak: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.0944953,-103.1513719,267a,35y,44.96t/data=!3m1!1e3

If this is good with all,, then we have a rally point on Saturday at noon = Yammy shop in Sturgis and another rally point on Sunday at noon = Arby's in Rapid City, exit 61 = south one block to Arby's.. Sound good gang????

South Dakota will never be the same once the Man Of Steel appears on the scene... :big-grin-emoticon: Hey Bob,,thinking out loud here,,, lets toy around some on the internet and see if we can come up with the Sturgis street cams.. If so and we can identify exactly where they are, the Man of Steel will do some fly by's at predetermined times so you (and any one else who is interested) can see your 2 dollar investment in ACTION :big-grin-emoticon::mugshot::missingtooth::superman::superman::superman::guitarist 2::rotf:

Good idea Puc,...... I mean Super Puc... I mean.... Superman. I'll start researching links to Sturgis street cams.

Edited by Dragonslayer

I always tell folks that want to ride and enjoy the hills to hit it in the spring or late august through sept. It's amazing. I'm happy to come out and meet you guys at the RC meeting point, Arbys on Elk vale is it? I'll have to slip away after that and get back to my quiet wooded valley until the chaos blows over. If those of you camping have trouble finding a spot let me know. We have room here if you dont mind a gravel road.

Oh, btw, there is a great coffee house a few miles up Elk Vale (turns into Catron rd) for those of you that enjoy a good strong psi brewed coffee, I'll be stopping by there on my way back home.

Do reiterate the meeting place times/dates before you embark and I'll make sure I get there for the RC meet. Looking forward to meeting you folks!

to anyone following I90, if in need of a overnight stay, I live 10 miles off of mn exit 1, have and extra bedroom and plenty of camp space! phone number in profile, address 1239 Cherry Ave, Larchwood IA, 51241

would love to see some of you guys!

Daryl

Unfortunately, waving is about all we'll have time to do.....:doh: Taking the late afternoon boat and need to be in Beloit by 7 pm.

Ummmmm

If the boat lands at 6:15 and you are able to hit the road immediately upon docking that gives you 45 minutes to cover 75 miles. You might need to borrow Super Pucs Cape.....................

DO NOT try to head out on I94 west. it is under major road destruction. Take I43 south to escape Milwaukee. I43 is the road you want to to end up on anyhow. Feel free to call me about local road destruction. It is a mess around here.

Oops, a little miscalculation on my part. Thought I was allowing for the time change but somehow took an hour off the travel time. Have to advise eta of 8 pm rather than 7. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem, you only need to average 102 MPH. No problem for a Venture...... Oh wait your not on a venture, never mind...........:whistling::stickpoke::stirthepot::witch_brew:

+3

Puc, if you get on 191...stay on it heading south. In a few days you will be close to me. Come on by!

Grins!

@CaseyJ955 n others. We will not be able to make rapid city tomorrow @NOON. CTFW in upstate wyoming. Met jakester a yammy shop 2 day, he says hi to all. Ralyy goin great, lots of test riding. Will shout out when we get back in sturgis if possible. Puc

What about the Superman suit. I watched the street cams and never saw SuperPuc.

CaseyJ955 n others. We will not be able to make rapid city tomorrow @NOON. CTFW in upstate wyoming. Met jakester a yammy shop 2 day, he says hi to all. Ralyy goin great, lots of test riding. Will shout out when we get back in sturgis if possible. Puc

I absolutly love WY, what a fantastic wide open place to be. Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy the rally and be safe. Holla if you make it up to RC.

What about the Superman suit. I watched the street cams and never saw SuperPuc.
major hit! Folks loved it! That thing is definitely empowering once you put it on! Got some awesome vids,, cant wait to get home n post em!

I absolutly love WY, what a fantastic wide open place to be. Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy the rally and be safe. Holla if you make it up to RC.

Endless beauty! Redid the utah,wyoming,colorado boarder! Flaming gorge is nothing short of breathless! Wayyy cooler temps than in july when we were there and most of the fire smoke was gone! Also, it is now open on entire loop,, 191,44,43 ,,, just beautiful!

major hit! Folks loved it! That thing is definitely empowering once you put it on! Got some awesome vids,, cant wait to get home n post em!

Endless beauty! Redid the utah,wyoming,colorado boarder! Flaming gorge is nothing short of breathless! Wayyy cooler temps than in july when we were there and most of the fire smoke was gone! Also, it is now open on entire loop,, 191,44,43 ,,, just beautiful!

Yea I can't wait to see the vids either......I've been back here in Georgia having Puc Video withdraws.