IGNORED

BroView Bulbs on Amazon

BigBear

Just came back from 9,000 mile trip with this headlight. They are bright, so I lowered beam before I left. Low beam is outstanding! Lights up the darkest of roads. Some folks blink at me, so adopted practice of showing folks high beam and then lowering. That stopped folks from flashing.

Anyone have experience (good or bad) with these bulbs?

Assume this fits 2008 RSV? Is this is a good price?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109681

They dont ship to Australia so I tried the same thing in a different brand on ebay. Same price. Makes a great difference and easier than retro fitting the Harley daymakers. I am happy with mine and have done a few thousand km's with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Broview is probably the best of the current generation of LED replacement headlamp for Motorcycles. Search LED" on this forum there are some review with pic's. The only issues are the bulb for the RSV only comes in a 2-pack. Now if you post the other in the classified someone may buy it. the other is a personal thing. The LED throws a rather sharply defined beam, there is very little scatter. I find myself using the HI's more often just to picket reflectors and road signs.

At 50ft you can read a book 3 feet off the ground but at 5 feet its dark with the LOW's. This is just my experience. Also the light is a slightly warmer color (more white/blue that yellow/orange) but not like some of these Ricers lights, that are very blue.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?127944-LED-Headlight&highlight=broview

That's a great price for the bro-view! I have 8K on my 99 RSV with the bro-view AND a pair on my FJR. Reliability seems great, but little riding at night. That's just me anymore. You do need to lower the aim "quite a bit". If you are getting flashed you aren't done aiming yet. I think "proactive brights flashing" is a bad thing............

From my pics linked here, the high beam throws OUT further but cuts the width a bit. :think: Haven't done a good night review on the dual bulb FJR yet. I have a cheapie COB LED H4 replacement coming for an XS650 with a retro headlight that doesn't get ridden much at night, it's a very small package bulb to fit the small headlight can on the XS, the 55/60 watt halogen H4 bulb is a bit much for the XS650 charging system at idle.

Nit picking but the LED blue/white is colder than the yellow/white halogens which is colder than the feeble incandescents we used to ride behind.

Not going to lower my headlight any further. Low beam lights the road beautifully, and it does not shine into the rear window of cars. Out of 38 days on the road, only rode once at night. Rarely ride at night. Also found LED lights on cars to be bright, as compared to incandescent lights. Blinked at some cars that returned a blinding amount of light.

WAY to many people do not have properly aimed lights. If your low beam is lighting up the road way far ahead it IS aimed to hi, That is what the HI beam is for. I have seen many cars and truck from the factory that do not have the lights aimed correctly, The person in the factory literally has 45 seconds to aim the lights before the vehicle moves on down the assembly line. That person gets them close at best. Then if you add a bunch of weight in the back it will also raise the beam higher than it should be. Every time I change a bulb, even take one out and put it back in, I check the aim, it can and will move just due to manufacturing tolerances.

Bright will not get you flashed, bad aim will, my truck has 110wats of HID low beams and I never get flashed even though they are many times brighter than stock, but they are aimed correctly. I had to lower the cutoff almost a foot below the factory setting to get it within spec at 20 feet, with the load of stuff that I normally carry in the back of the truck.

PLEASE aim you lights correctly.