IGNORED

Rear Shock info

Hello..

My rear shock has turned into a pogo stick, and is in need of replacement.

Simple enough, except I can't seem to find it.

I have read a ton of posts, mostly old, and I don't want to go with stock if I don't have too, and I don't have a grand to buy

a "works" mono shock, so that leave's the Hagon, BUT, I sent hagon usa and email and was sent a computer reply that they have been shut down due to lack of personnel.

So where are people getting these shocks? I have been searching for a few days and find something.

I found this, but it looks like it is for the Tour Deluxe and not the Venture.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-1300-VENTURE-STAR-XVZ13TF-4XY-1998-2010-Hagon-Adjustable-Mono-Shock-/301881417199

so does anyone have a current source for aftermarket rear shocks that don't cost a fortune?

Thank you..

yyz makes a replacement for the venture, about $500 dollars

Thank you..

YYZ..??? do you mean YSS

I had looked up YSS before and found nothing for our bike on either USA or Thailand site.

do you have a part number or size, or even a link to our shock?

Not trying to hijack the thread but, I too, am needing to hear your thoughts about the Hagon shock. Pros and cons from all of you that have replaced stock shock with Hagon for your Venture. I'm needing to replace mine also.

Thank you..

YYZ..??? do you mean YSS

I had looked up YSS before and found nothing for our bike on either USA or Thailand site.

do you have a part number or size, or even a link to our shock?

Sorry ,yes I meant YSS, call them ask about the Z-506 series and its applications
  • Like 1

Not trying to hijack the thread but, I too, am needing to hear your thoughts about the Hagon shock. Pros and cons from all of you that have replaced stock shock with Hagon for your Venture. I'm needing to replace mine also.

I put a Hagon shock on last fall and I'm quite satisfied with it. Bolted it on right out of the box without making any adjustments. I like it just the way it came.

Thank you for all the info..

I will try to call Hagon later on today.

So, can anyone anyone tell me if YSS is as good or better then Hagon?

I can't seem to find much info on the YSS shock at all, but preliminary pricing

has it at 370 shipped for any version of the Z-506.

I can't tell you too much about the YSS except that I put one on the '99 that I sold Yammer Dan a few years ago. I sold it to him shortly after doing so though so really didn't have much experience with it. I will say that it was a nice looking shock and seemed to be very well built.

Not to highjack the thread, but I just replaced my rear shock with Hagon last night. I tried to contact the dealer here in the USA but got the same reply. So I did the next best thing and contact the company in the United Kingdom. I sent them an email on June 14th and on June 16th received and email that they would start working on my shock. On July 3rd received email shock was ready just needed to provide payment info, Total cost shipped $394.42. On July 5th replacement shock depart the United Kingdom and arrived at my door step 11:30 am Yesterday July 7th. At this point I can say that the bike does sit about 1 inch higher than before, hope to take it for a ride this afternoon. To me the hardest part was getting the bike up and taking the old out. Not sure it the shock was bad, but the ride was not like it use to be, not a soft or smooth ride but hard when going over bumps and railroads crossings. Even on some of the same old roads I have done over and over it was not the same.

sales@hagon-shocks.co.uk this is the email address I used. Emailed them weights riders, kind of style 50/50 (solo/dual) and that I tow a trailer once a year.

Rear Shock.jpg

@ sfcrader

Thank you... that was the kind of info I was looking for, I actually just tried to call them and got a recording, saying to use the address you just provided,

so I am sure this will help many others who go hunting for how to buy the Hagon Shock..

I am still looking into the YSS also.. but 394.42 is a very much in my price range..

@Freebird

Do you remember if it was the Z-506 that Southbound has said.

I havn't been able to get ahold of YSS yet either

Not to highjack the thread, but I just replaced my rear shock with Hagon last night. I tried to contact the dealer here in the USA but got the same reply. So I did the next best thing and contact the company in the United Kingdom. I sent them an email on June 14th and on June 16th received and email that they would start working on my shock. On July 3rd received email shock was ready just needed to provide payment info, Total cost shipped $394.42. On July 5th replacement shock depart the United Kingdom and arrived at my door step 11:30 am Yesterday July 7th. At this point I can say that the bike does sit about 1 inch higher than before, hope to take it for a ride this afternoon. To me the hardest part was getting the bike up and taking the old out. Not sure it the shock was bad, but the ride was not like it use to be, not a soft or smooth ride but hard when going over bumps and railroads crossings. Even on some of the same old roads I have done over and over it was not the same.

sales@hagon-shocks.co.uk this is the email address I used. Emailed them weights riders, kind of style 50/50 (solo/dual) and that I tow a trailer once a year.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109618

I'm sending them an email to order a shock as well. Do they just need the type of bike or all the model number? that XVZ thing. I put my weight in there but for the bike, I just put 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.

You say it was easy to install?

Jim

I'm sending them an email to order a shock as well. Do they just need the type of bike or all the model number? that XVZ thing. I put my weight in there but for the bike, I just put 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.

You say it was easy to install?

Jim

This is email I sent:

My name is John Rader and I am looking to purchase a new rear shock for my bike.

I was wondering if I could get a quote for a rear shock for my bike.

1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.

I/We do about 50/50 single rider and dual rider.

Rider: 205 Lbs at 5’11”

Passenger: 145 Lbs at 5’9”

We do once a year take a long trip at pull a trailer with about 80 Lbs of cloths.

I hope this helps John

I contacted YSS and was told they did not have a shock that would fit the Venture.

I also wrote to Hagon on the 7th using the sales email address in the UK and still have not heard anything?

I will give them till Monday, then try again..

That surprises me about YSS. Maybe Yammer Dan should take a picture and mail it to them. :) Perhaps they just discontinued it. I tell you, if it's getting that hard to find one, maybe I need to order one for my parts stash. I will be interested to find out what you hear from Hagon.

so HAGON us list the shock as $474.00 while Hagon UK list the shocks at 299. pounds sterling which at current exchange rate is $385.00. still looking for a good used one to throw in the shed. Mine still works holds air and doesn't leak. Maybe the PO had it done under warranty? Have to look closer one of these days

Does anyone on here know if I can mail, just ordinary package from Canada to USA and it arrive at destination. If yes I have a Hagen shock (I think it is great) with very little usage (maybe 6 or 8 thousand miles) I will give you, you send me money for postage. Got old, triked bike, all the parts that came off I be more than happy to donate to anyone, but sending to US is a problem.

Does anyone on here know if I can mail, just ordinary package from Canada to USA and it arrive at destination..

No problem at all. Just package it up and take it to the post office with the address and they will tell you how much it will cost. Canada post is probably the least expensive shipping method.

Edited by Gary N.

• 4 weeks later...

well I just bought a Hagon. From Dave Quinn motorcycles. Bought the heaver one cost total of 536.00 they had it in stock. there number is 203-393-2651

Found them from a 2008 post on our site. lol Came up on google.