Anyone noticed?

camos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I saw that. Very impressive. I'd like to see a video of what the conditions looked like from the spotting scope and rifle, prior to and during the shot. Or at least hear a description of the conditions and decisions made. I wonder if a plotting computer was used, or if it was all man-made decisions that went into the shot.

Yes, I saw that. Very impressive. I'd like to see a video of what the conditions looked like from the spotting scope and rifle, prior to and during the shot. Or at least hear a description of the conditions and decisions made. I wonder if a plotting computer was used, or if it was all man-made decisions that went into the shot.

Sent you a pm.

Hate to play the Devil's advocate here, but..... I don't believe it. At two miles how are they going to confirm the kill, and even if they did recover the body it would take a autopsy to see if the bullet was from his or another rifle?? We have a group of very skilled local shooters that hold long range competition and the longest is 2054 hitting a steel plate 6' in diameter. To hear the strike they have an open mike radio placed near by. I've seen pics of the spent rounds that have hit the plate, and some are barely dented. I seriously doubt there's enough shocking power left to do any damage?? The travel time was in the 11 sec range. With all the variables I guess I'm thinking it takes more luck than skill to make that sort of shot. My 2¢

3450 metres = 2.1437 miles.

I was out yesterday & measured that on the trip odometer (actually 3.4km) hell, I can't even see that far never mind shoot that far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luck? Possibly some, Skill? Definitely! To the doubters, it is a record & it stands!

Just 'cause it's never been done before doesn't mean it's not correct & accurate!

:canada::canada::canada:

That is wicked! Way to go! Does this mean that all Canadians call take us out from a moving train car half way across the county? Next time I hear "eh" I'm gonna duck!:happy65:

Eh?..... &..... Being Canadian he probably apologized afterwards! LOL

Saw a comedy sketch recently by Tim Allen, he said something like

"Canadian Military... Wow! only 140,000 to defend a country That Big, Just Imagine how bada$$ those guys must be" :superman:

Apparently on the Canadian sniper training ranges they quite regularly get hits at 3000 metres. It would seem getting a hit at an extra 500 metres is not too far fetched.

Made in the USA McMillan TAC-50

Yep and all the free ammo they can shoot... There's that blind squirrel again.

Listen I'm not saying they don't know what they're doing, but their skill set only enables them to get the round as close as humanly possible at 2.5 miles. Between the muzzle and the target there are too many changing variables that will effect the flight of the bullet. Bug splat can mess up your whole day. Wind velocities and thermoclines.. are another couple of gremlins that can screw things up. Making a kill shot at 2.5 miles is just plain luck. The only skill required is pointing the gun in the general direction and have a bushel basket full of ammo. i don't care how good a computerized scope is on the gun, it still uses fuzzy logic... If a military sharp shooter is highly trained there's a limit to an effective controllable operational range. Otherwise they would be making that shot and beyond all the time.... Eh??

Apparently on the Canadian sniper training ranges they quite regularly get hits at 3000 metres. It would seem getting a hit at an extra 500 metres is not too far fetched.

Made in the USA McMillan TAC-50

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109489

I have shot that style gun at 1500 yards. All I can say about then is awesome Gun.

THe M-14 was a nice one to "Reach Out and Touch Someone" I have dropped some Tree Rats here that were itting laughing at me thinking they wee untouchable.....:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday::backinmyday: Not with the 14 just a 22. Used bigger targets for the 14...... Luck must be with you anytime on a shot of that type. The more luck & skill.......:think::Avatars_Gee_George:

Edited by Yammer Dan

Hahahahahaha!!! :yikes:

Must not be familiar with Canuck sarcasm. :rotfl: :innocent:

No different than anywhere else... I was just ignoring you... :-)

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/25/...iles-isis-iraq

The sniper in the second link says that it is 90-95% SKILL and 5-10% luck. What I like is the credit that is given to the spotter.

Then they should be able to make that shot 9 out of 10 times... Or maybe he has bad luck 1 out of 10 times... :whistling: