IGNORED

Barn find

Woody

It looks like it would clean up real good hasn't been cranked in about 3 years battery was dead had no way of jumping it off at the time

I wouldn't expect it to fire after 3 yrs. sitting. Most likely will have to flush fuel system and rebuild carbs. And check for rust in the tank for sure.

:farmer:

I wouldn't expect it to fire after 3 yrs. sitting. Most likely will have to flush fuel system and rebuild carbs. And check for rust in the tank for sure.

Thanks that's the kind of stuff I need to be aware of will go back later and try to turn it over trying to figure out what would be a good offer to offer for it

I'll go 5 bucks more than you do Woody!! LOL!! Just Kidding. Grab a can of BerryMan's Chem Tech . A gallon of good fresh gas and give it a whirl before tearing it apart. Sometimes ya get lucky. When I get into something that I know is really dirty I use a !/2 & 1/2 mix of Chem Tech and gas or Sea Foam & Gas. Chem Tech is stronger and works better til ya git it running. Then strong doses of Sea Foam. I'm using more of the Chem Trech because of the price of Sea Foam now. I've saved a lot of carb puling by being more stubborn than the crap is.

About 2.5 to 3 yrs ago I picked up a bike for a member here. Drove it home from Kansas and parked it in my garage, topped off the tank and added seafoam. Its just been sitting all this time, I recently purchased a new jump pack and just for giggles I hooked it up to the bike, It kicked rite off and spit and sputtered for about a minute and then smoothed rite out and just purred. Throttle response was great and if it was licensed and insured I would have taken it for a ride. Hope you are just as lucky!!

Craig

The fuel tank is plastic so you don't have to worry about rust. Critters have been known to build nest in the air filter. Replacing the air filter on a GL1800 Goldwing is not an easy task. You have to remove the entire dash and shelter. Then you work your way down to the airbox. Take plenty of photos as you take it apart. They will come in handy as you put it back together. It would be a good idea to put screens over the airbox tubes to prevent critters from getting in. A Honda manual would be very helpful if you decide to tackle the air filter. It will help you with the electrical connections that you have to disconnect. Some are quite tricky in the manner in which they come apart. First time I changed the air filter on my 07 Goldwing it took about three hours. Good luck and have fun on your new bike.

I made a good living thru the years resurrecting barn finds and the like.. One of the issues that I ALWAYS insisted on when chatting about them was doing my best to get the previous owner to NOT attempt to start the machine if it had been sitting for more than a year. Honda (and LOTS of other companies) use line bored aluminum castings including cam journals for bearing surfaces. If they dry out and it takes a second for the oil pump to move oil across the journals - bad things can happen instantly.. If I were looking at that bike the first thing I would do is dig around a little and see what is necessary to insure something bad (like smudging a bearing surface) isnt gonna happen and, if possible and necessary how you would do a pre lube.. Can you spin the oil pump, does it have oil check bleed screws on the jugs (my R1 has these = little bolts to pop out to check for oil flow after an oil change = many people may not realise this but Honda did this with the later model XR100's = there is a 10mm bolt located right above the spark plug just for this purpose - kids would fall over, oil pump would lose prime = pull the bolt and kick till the oil comes out of the hole, do the same for oil changes - doing this could have saved hundreds of ruined XR100 top ends thru the years..

:think:,, am I making any form of rational sense here? :scratchchin: sometimes I embarrass myself..:shock3:

Oh,, by the way = TOTALLY AWESOME FIND BROTHER!!!! Offer em 7000 cash in a non running = unknown condition and get er going, some new tires, clean her up and have a blast covering the planet on that sweetheart I tell ya!!:dancefool::clap2::clap2:

That's an 1800, fuel injection. Put a new fuel filter in it and some Berryman's B12 or Seafoam and ride off into the sunset. Very good looking trike. I think 1800 trikes look really good.

Along the same thought process as Puc, for any engine I encounter that has been sitting multiple years, I pull the plugs and spray some engine fogging lube into the cylinders before turning it over. Crank it over a few turns and the put the plugs back in. There's likely surface rust on the cylinder walls and a little lube will help the rings seal.

I see by the fender bra that it is a motortrike,you will need pull the drive shaft and grease the splines, use Honda molly lube for that. You will also need to lube all the heim joints on the suspension, use dry silicon on them. Check the air bags and air lines for leaks. The bags maybe dry rotted. Good luck, enjoy.

okay, first off thanks for all the replies. sorry for not responding sooner but we were camping in an area with no cell service for miles. I posted the pictures from my phone while we were out eating BBQ. I went back to help the lady out moving an enclosed trailer she wanted moved and I jumped a Prius off for her so she could move it. it is a long story, my in-laws own a camping spot in the great state of Tennessee some where in the woods close to Reliance, a neighbor was telling us a lady up the road lost her husband and had a tractor for sell so we go and have a look. right off she is asking to much for the tractor and pretty much everything else she was wanting to sell. she was telling us about the trike and I was disappointed to find out she wants to hold on to it for a while. I talked her into letting me look at it a little closer and hook my jump box up to it to see if the lights on the dash would come on just to see if the critters had gotten to the wiring as I was checking this out she presses the start button and with in two or three turns of the motor it cranks up and purrs light it had been rode everyday I was stunned and just stood there looking all puzzled. I will be calling her up and trying to get her to put a price on it. but we are back home now and getting ready to get back to work

Good Luck with it Woody. You couldn't convince her to put a little fuel stabilizer in there and run it a while?? I may be looking at another this week but damn sure ain't gonna post here about it!!!

I suggested a can of seafoam but I had rather her give me a price on it. since I am back home I may not get anything going on it but I will be looking for a call.