IGNORED

New Star Venture

10spd

Marketing, another poster is correct. Yamaha is hedging it's $$$ on taking licks at the lower priced end of the V-twin touring market. Victory was a direct run at the HD machine. The Victory line didn't quite get the program for Polaris. Polaris is hoping the Indian name might have a better chance. IMHO I'm not so certain. SO it's up to Kawi and Yamaha to duke it out on the budget side of touring. I bet Yami is betting that the aging Kawi V-Twin tourier will not fare so well up against this new Venture.

Time will tell.

I'm SUPER happy with my geezer bike, the 2nd Gen Venture. It'll do the job and let ME do the jobs on it that need to be done.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the statement "lower end of the V-Twin" market. The Harley Road Glide Ultra and the Ultra Limited both have a MSRP of $26,999. The new Star Venture is priced right there with them. Will have to wait and see what they actually end up selling for after discounts but I can tell you when I bought a 2013 Road Glide Ultra, I didn't pay full MSRP for it either.

Why two models? Why not just offer an upgraded entertainment system and the electronic locking and be done?

Looks like a lot of room under and around gas tankard side fairings. (room for the 4 cyl in a year or two? keeps the interest alive)

Having ridden both a GW and a V twin for long distances, its not the same ride. I know a few folks here locally that gave up the GW's because it wasn't riding anymore it was more like a two wheeled lounger.

I was expecting much better fuel economy!! computerized fuel management and ignition couple with a 6 speed and variable clutch, I was thinking more like 43 to 53 MPG.

Over all I think the styling is BLAH. It doesn't stand out at all, I would think walking down a line of bikes at Daytona you wouldn't even notice it.

Electric reverse! now that's something. 700 watts MEH! even little cars have 100 AMP alternators!

With the long wait and input from riders over the country (yes I'm sure they even read these forums) I expected something new and unique,

its just a run of the mill tourer. My brothers 2 year old heritage ultra has everything that the yamaha does, and he get over 45 MPG!

Overall a clean miss by Yamaha! At this point a sport tourer like the FJ is a better alternative in my opinion. Guess i'll just have to wait it out and see what develops off this platform over the next couple years, or like the song say "we'll see the world from my Harley"

I have to admit that each time I see it, it is better looking now that the initial shock of it not being a Venture is over. I did notice boasting torque numbers but completely omitting HP figures. I also noticed they have taken a page from the HD marketing manual in using words like "traditional" when antiquated and obsolete are much more fitting. It would seem that they are looking for Harley buyers, not us. Do we have an actual HP figure yet? I have a feeling that this "traditional" twin is going to cut it for most of us. There is no such thing as the presence of luxury in the absence of competence.

Interesting notes on engine from what I think I see.

Jugs are now interchangeable since exhaust exits FR on front cyl and LR on rear CYL unlike Raider/Strat which has both exhaust on right.

Unlike Raider/Strat chain drive transmission, this looks to be "cassette type" bolted on gear drive transmission.

Put me in the category of very disappointed.

Though now that I am on my last new bike, and resigned to riding my 07 Venture trike due to my health, I was still hoping that Yamaha would stick with the V4 on the 3rd Generation. I recognize and agree that the market leans very heavily on VTwins, but adding a Venture to that market is kinda showing up late to the party.

With the V4, they had a GREAT engine that is unique, something that excelled in so many ways. Now the Venture is 'Just another VTwin' or...... another 'Harley wannabe'. It seems that Yamaha is after NEW customers only and ignoring what Existing customers were saying. Just look at the past MANY conversations about what the 3rd Gen was going to be and how many have said they need to keep the V4 to keep it a true Venture.

I'm sure there will be some that like it, but I still say they dropped the ball. - But then I am no 'Market Analyst'

craigr

Yamaha almost never publishes horsepower on their bikes, you will have to wait for someone to have one dyno tested to get that information.

I don't think any of the manufacturers publish the hp of the V twin cruisers. If they did it wouldn't help the sales. If you buy a FJR the hp number is readily available. They are proud of the FJR hp number!

I,m confused, I've been following all the wish lists and pre-gen3 posts over the last several years here on VR and other then no v4 and shaft drive this bike has everything we all wished for. It has all the whistles and bells, improved handling, 6 speeds, new styling, comfy as all hell, reverse ect.ect.....so what did you expect, wings and a jet pack? This bike is about as updated as any on the road. has everything and more then most bikes. Seems the 1st and 2nd genners just wanted an updated version of what you all ready have. Our bike's are antiques, and so are most of us. Yamaha needs to sell bikes and we are not the market they are shooting for. So what's the problem? Seems we got most of what we asked for, minus the v4 and drive shaft. I like it. Can't wait till the trike the first one. Should be bad ass.

It's all about image and bells and whistles. The new Stratoliner has that. Yeah, one of my bikes is air cooled. But I paid $1200 for it and it has a 10,000 rpm redline and it's little 700cc four produces 74 hp, almost as much hp as the new Stratoliner.

I,m confused, I've been following all the wish lists and pre-gen3 posts over the last several years here on VR and other then no v4 and shaft drive this bike has everything we all wished for. It has all the whistles and bells, improved handling, 6 speeds, new styling, comfy as all hell, reverse ect.ect.....so what did you expect, wings and a jet pack? This bike is about as updated as any on the road. has everything and more then most bikes. Seems the 1st and 2nd genners just wanted an updated version of what you all ready have. Our bike's are antiques, and so are most of us. Yamaha needs to sell bikes and we are not the market they are shooting for. So what's the problem? Seems we got most of what we asked for, minus the v4 and drive shaft. I like it. Can't wait till the trike the first one. Should be bad ass.

So I was born in 77 does this make me antique?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Ok, this is my .02 cents worth on the new VENTURE. First off.....I give Yamaha props for coming out with a new model. Long over due. I personally am not even going to consider this as a future bike for me. That decision has nothing to do with the V-twin. I actually love the fact that they went this route. It has nothing to do with the fact they went belt drive. I could not care less about that. The reason I will not buy one is the styling. I like what I refer to as the classic look. They went away from that. Had they kept that styling, I would be placing an order for one as soon as it is available. Did the first or Second Gens have built in GPS? Nope.....did they have Satellite radio? Nope......Did they have a 6 speed trans? Not sure about the First Gens, but the Second Gen? Nope......how about two riding modes? Nope......Did they have heated grips? Nope......Did they have heated seats? Nope......Did they have adjustable bars? Nope........Did they have a security system? Nope......They listened. AND it is still a VENTURE contrary to some individuals thinking. Why would they go to a V-Twin??? Well.......just how well did the Second Gens sell? I do not hardly see any on the road. So obviously it was not working out to well and was time for CHANGE. Go to a Harley, Victory or Goldwing forum........tell me if they have threads for sightings for those bikes. No they don't......why? Because they sell. The Venture does not sell. The V4 is a great motor, but it does not sell. Yamaha is in the market to make money, not design and sell a bike for the few, but to sell to the many. Will they sway a large number of Harley owners to their doorstep? No. But they may get some Goldwing and Victory owners that like the "modern" styling of this scoot. If the V4 is what so many like and want......why do so many still own 30 year old First Gens? Why did a large number of you never buy the Second Gen? If you truly love the brand, you would have supported the brand at some point and not still be riding 20 plus year old bikes. I just do not get the thinking, the slamming of Yamahas effort. Am I disappointed? Yeah to a certain amount, but this new scoot has ALOT of bang for the buck. I think that once this is debuted at the International Bike Shows it will draw some crowds and it will sway some people to buy one. I personally hope Yamaha does well with this new Venture. Now, I am not trying to ruffle any ones feathers or trying to get their shorts into a twist but I sat back for the last two days and read the comments and could only think about how so many here on this forum wanted and waited for years for a new Venture only to be disappointed at no new bike....year after year, pissed and moaned about the cassette deck and the only change from year to year was the color and when Yamaha does come out with a new bike all you do is piss and moan. After all this I had to speak up. It has actually gotten to the point that I really do not want to even come to this forum anymore. I come here to get away from the stress and BS of daily life only to see it running rampant here. I think it maybe time I take a break from Ventureriders for awhile.

Peace brothers and sisters.

Gosh, it's only a motorcycle!

The Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III bikes are very different from each other. About the only things common between the 1st and 2nd Gen are the V4 engine and shaft drive. Not much else is the same, seating position, style, fairing mount. The Gen I has nothing in common with the Gen III that I can think of. Okay, they both have frame mounted fairings. the Gen II and III have similar seating positions. It's very understandable why someone could prefer one Gen over another since they are so different. They are motorcycles but we are passionate about motorcycles or we wouldn't be participating in this forum.

The more and more I see this bike, the more the chance I get to come past the shock, Now I wont be able to buy one anytimes soon. I am willing to hear others experience with it never know it may not be that bad as far as the heat and all that goes, we don't know for sure.

I'm not groaning or *****ing anymore, I see a poster was really offended by all the bellyaching and he's probably not wrong, so I'll keep it light as simple debate to address your excellent point.

I'm a gen1 guy, and I have to respectfully confess, that is exactly what I wanted! That thing you said, I want that! Heres what drew me to the 1st gen initially, in order of importance:

-Reliable, high-powered, unique V4.

-No cruiser pretense.

-Full bodied/excellent ergos/wind protection of a dedicated tourer.

-Comfort and displacement of a full dedicated tourer, but when asked to dance, ***** can dance!

-Good option package for era.

-Complete package that functions in all fronts, including spirited hills riding, open road and surprisingly composed for city use.

-Notice I didnt say shaft drive, It would be nice but a belt with robust rock guards would be perfectly fine with me.

So if Yamaha wanted to update that and throw it back in my face with the new Vmax V4 and the refinement consistent with todays manufacturing processes and current hardware. Yes please! THAT would be a real Venture in my opinion. There is a lot of subjectivity on options so here is how I might have liked to see it. Again, not complaining but just what I would have liked to see. Would any of you guys buy my gen3 Venture?

As above but options as follows

Standard Venture (~19k)

Bluetooth connectivity/stereo/intercom/CB/headset only, basic cruise control/manually adjustable windscreen/manually adjustable suspension/Basic info center-gear indicator something similar to what it has now

Tech Package (~22+k)

Adaptive cruise, central locking, alarm, heated seats-grips/NAV/External speakers-amp/power windscreen/electronically adjustable suspension

Venture Royale (~26+k)

Standard and Tech Pacakge with Reverse/dual zone audio/directional assistance/off-axis ABS/riding modes/Traction control/powered center stand. pretty much the run down of what is on the actual new Venture that some folks want.

You could put me down for a standard, maybe a tech but probably not. A royal would be a bunch of stuff I never needed and dont want now, but I realize it's important to many buyers so it should be included in an option package. I didnt expect it to be exactly like this but to minus the V4 is just a bridge to far to still call it a Venture. I might appreciate the current gen3 if it were called a Stratoliner. I could even see it as it is now but with the V4, that could be a Venture, I probably wouldnt buy it but I would respect it as a Venture.

With all love and respect due our fellow members, the updated gen1 is exactly what I wanted and what would have brought me down to Yamaha with my checkbook.

Ok, this is my .02 cents worth on the new VENTURE. First off.....I give Yamaha props for coming out with a new model. Long over due. I personally am not even going to consider this as a future bike for me. That decision has nothing to do with the V-twin. I actually love the fact that they went this route. It has nothing to do with the fact they went belt drive. I could not care less about that. The reason I will not buy one is the styling. I like what I refer to as the classic look. They went away from that. Had they kept that styling, I would be placing an order for one as soon as it is available. Did the first or Second Gens have built in GPS? Nope.....did they have Satellite radio? Nope......Did they have a 6 speed trans? Not sure about the First Gens, but the Second Gen? Nope......how about two riding modes? Nope......Did they have heated grips? Nope......Did they have heated seats? Nope......Did they have adjustable bars? Nope........Did they have a security system? Nope......They listened. AND it is still a VENTURE contrary to some individuals thinking. Why would they go to a V-Twin??? Well.......just how well did the Second Gens sell? I do not hardly see any on the road. So obviously it was not working out to well and was time for CHANGE. Go to a Harley, Victory or Goldwing forum........tell me if they have threads for sightings for those bikes. No they don't......why? Because they sell. The Venture does not sell. The V4 is a great motor, but it does not sell. Yamaha is in the market to make money, not design and sell a bike for the few, but to sell to the many. Will they sway a large number of Harley owners to their doorstep? No. But they may get some Goldwing and Victory owners that like the "modern" styling of this scoot. If the V4 is what so many like and want......why do so many still own 30 year old First Gens? Why did a large number of you never buy the Second Gen? If you truly love the brand, you would have supported the brand at some point and not still be riding 20 plus year old bikes. I just do not get the thinking, the slamming of Yamahas effort. Am I disappointed? Yeah to a certain amount, but this new scoot has ALOT of bang for the buck. I think that once this is debuted at the International Bike Shows it will draw some crowds and it will sway some people to buy one. I personally hope Yamaha does well with this new Venture. Now, I am not trying to ruffle any ones feathers or trying to get their shorts into a twist but I sat back for the last two days and read the comments and could only think about how so many here on this forum wanted and waited for years for a new Venture only to be disappointed at no new bike....year after year, pissed and moaned about the cassette deck and the only change from year to year was the color and when Yamaha does come out with a new bike all you do is piss and moan. After all this I had to speak up. It has actually gotten to the point that I really do not want to even come to this forum anymore. I come here to get away from the stress and BS of daily life only to see it running rampant here. I think it maybe time I take a break from Ventureriders for awhile.

Peace brothers and sisters.

You ROCK brother!! I was thinking much the same thoughts. Too many whiners and crybabies here ... they whined for the past four years coz there was no new Venture ... and now they got one and they can't turn off the whining.

Y'all can keep yer antequated 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, top heavy elephant cassette players.

Me, I got out of mine years ago and it's probably time I got out of here too.

CYA

Be it ever soooo hummmmmble there's nooo place like home - and WE MADE IT!!!!!!!! Wowzy = what a trip!! Lots and lots to write about,, Route "8" thru the Adirondike Park is amazing - OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT LAKE GEORGE AREA AWESOME, Tweeksis did SUPER and the new $45 Kenda Challenger back tire that I spooned on before we left turned out to be one of, if not THE best rain tire I have ever owned (yep - we got soaked,, WOW did it RAIN - I swear those New York rain drops were 3/4 inch in diameter)!! Found out that, probably because of its Nylon carcass, once it got warmed up the high speed bounce I was experiencing completely vanished = smooth as glass 2 up, loaded for CTFW and running 85/95 smooth as glass... Americade was AWESOME to say the least,, I know - I am a geezer but I REALLY liked the antique bike display - they had an inline 4 early Indian with a side car that was BREATH TAKING!!

Oppss,, got off to an early hijack - this thread is about the unveiling.. Gotta admit,, like some of you other passionate V-4 lop eared varmints, I too was really hoping for something that really was gonna turn the touring market upside down as marketed.. I confess,, having been around Yamaha for many many years with a fair amount of those years straddling the V-Max powered MK1 Venture that I love so much,, plus KNOWING that Yamaha has always been known for extreme innovation like "the v-boost", turboing that lil 650, the Banshee, the RZ's, the RD's, the Mono-Shock, that AMAZING 5 valved motor in my R1 (talk about putting a smile on your face the size of Texas and scaring the daylights out of ya - that little 1000cc bike will lift the front tire at 140) , the YZF400 and on and on I was having dreams of a 1700cc V-4 twin turbo boosted motor with shoulder seperating TORQUE to die for right off the bottom and HP on the pipe that not even one of the new 170 hp Beemers could even come close to allll while maintaining amazing the MPG's that only turbo motors can dream of - literally,,,,,,, I let my imagination get the best of me... As everyone knows, that didnt happen...

Similar to the Indian unveiling out at Sturgis, they had the bikes covered and in a dark area beside the stage. They pulled the covers and hit the start buttons and I instantly knew we were talking V-Twin - POOP I said out loud. As the guy riding the new Venture pulled up close to Tip and I (sitting in the front row) I instantly recognized the motor as a 1900cc Strat motor (I am familiar with them, my nephew bought a brand new Strat in 06 - have spent a fair amount of time on it - GOOD MOTOR but being a long bike/Chopper guy - I prefer that 113 inch push rod sweet heart in the Raider but thats just me). Double surprise for me was the Victory Vision look of the new bike, IMHO - I could not help but wonder if some of the design staff from the now defunct Polaris Victory line had made their way into Yamaha RnD or something.. I like to play on bikes,, allll bikes, and I do a LOT of demoing bikes just for the fun of it. I have ridden my share of Vics thru the years and gotta say - I was always amazed at how they rode, especially the Vision 8 Ball and,, for some reason,, I could sense that style in the new Yam.. Maybe this one will have that "feel".. :fingers-crossed-emo

Something that occurred to me as I sat there thinking thru all that fog,,,,,, Polaris dumped Vic because they simply did not sell (right from the Polaris history book) - I am sure the folks at Yamaha have done a TON of research and have some awesome ideas on how to pull Harley Davidson air cooled V-Twin, belt drive riders away from The Motor Company like Polaris couldn't do with the Vics but, for the life of me,, I dont know how - them HD riders are a very loyal bunch.. Polaris is currently trying to do the same thing with their new Indians and, IMHO, they seem to be having a rough go at it - especially while maintaining at matching MSRP to comparable HD's. Like the Vics,, there seems to be a fair amount of left over Indians (and AWESOME prices) in the dealerships around Michigan.

Truthfully,, I was 100% shocked by the whole unveiling,, was it fun - INDEED.. Was it a let down - yes but only because my perspective of what constitutes a "touring bike" is very skewed from years of CTFW.. I am used to seeing lots of Wings, a fair amount of Gen 2 Ventures, numerous Beemers, an occasional Voyager out on the tour, a fair amount of modern day adventure bikes and, of course, my backside is shaped like the seat of the most amazing touring bike of all time who has the heart of the most Iconic muscle bike ever made - the MK1 Venture = have seen my share of the MK1's and 2's too. Those are "touring bikes" IMHO.. Get close to town, any town, and the ENDLESS stream of Harleys and clones become thicker than fog in the Smokies - V-Twins RULE the suburbs but,, again IMHO,,, the tour is a different breed and I honestly thought this unveil was about a straight up, over turning of the touring bike industry, full fledged touring bike as I knew it - I was wrong = definitely an attack on the HD target market and not a threat to the Wing industry = IMHO, the folks at Honda can now go back to work knowing the piece of the touring pie they have owned for a longgg time is still not threatened..

I know one thing,, one of the games I love to play at the air cooled v-twin Rally is to give that little 74 inch motored V-4 Tweeks some reigns when we pass a large group of those air cooled v-twin riders headed that way.. Then get onto main street and watch the riders we passed back there come slowly working thru the crowds while duck walking with their legs splayed wayyy out and ladies on the back telling them they are cooking all while trying to keep from burning their thighs while maintaining composure.. As I examined the passenger design lay out on the new Venture it dawned on me that it appears Yamaha chose to protect the passenger from heat on the new bike - pretty amazing actually. I looked closely at this new bike while I sat there with it right in from of me at Americade and could not help but wonder if keeping mama happy because she wont be getting burned is Yamaha's way of agreeing to that old saying about "if Momma's happy everyone's happy"? Personally, I still think I will continue to play "the game" and see whether Mom Yam's new air cooled touring bike riders will still be competing in it even though their passengers might not be..

DSCN4332.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

Puck! Glad your back man, sounds like you had a great time and lots of adventure! You got up close and personal to this new thing that has everyone excited one way or the other and got us a pic.:happy65:

Must have been a rush. No ride is complete without some adverse weather and a good soaking. Glad you got some scenery and had some fun. Thanks for reporting back and have a great weekend!

A lot of strong feelings and words being shared here and that is OK. I don't understand though why some are getting so bent out of shape that they are talking about leaving the forum due to the opinions of those who have a different view on the new bike. Folks, this is a discussion forum. In most discussions, there are various opinions. Some people will agree with you and others won't. We are all adults here and most of us are old enough that we have a lifetime of disagreements and debates under our belts. Sometimes we learn something from one another's differing opinions and sometimes we just have to shake our head and say "oh well, to each his own". Some of my best friends are people that I absolutely disagree about one thing or another.

As for the new bike? I like it. I like it a lot. I am one who actually loves the styling and think that it looks as good or better than anything else on the road right now. As mentioned, except for the engine, it has pretty much everything that we have all listed in our discussions over the past years. Feature wise, it is on par with about any bike out there. I would certainly give one a test ride and consider it when I'm ready for a new bike.

The engine? Yes, like most of you, I would have loved to see Yamaha fit it with the updated V4 from the VMax. From the few teaser pictures that we had seen though, I pretty much knew that wasn't going to be the case so I wasn't shocked when it was finally revealed to be a V-Twin. We all ride in different ways and I've stated in another post, the V-Twin suits my riding style very well. I love the low end torque at low RPMs and the feel of that big thumping V-Twin engine. What I don't love is the heat that they produce. The heat is the primary and really only fault that I found with the 2013 Road Glide that I had for two years. It was very comfortable on the road and I really enjoyed the way the engine performed. Even at highway speed though, on a hot day, you felt the heat. My poor wife was a trooper and didn't complain about it much but her right foot got so hot that it could become a miserable ride for her.

So would I buy one? Time will tell. At this point, I'm so busy that I don't have time to ride what I have. The 2005 Midnight RSV that I bought last spring has barely over 20,000 miles on it. It would easily last me for the rest of my riding days. If things change though and I get to the point where I have time to actually enjoy the bike again, I would consider this new Star Venture. The only thing is that now I would have to weigh all the options and test ride a few bikes. If they had come out with a new bike with the 1700cc liquid cooled V-4 like some variation of the V-Max engine, it would make the choice a lot easier. With everything else they put on this bike, the styling, and the newer V-4, it would pretty much be a slam dunk. As it is though, it will depend upon how the heat is managed, how it handles, etc. Being a V-Twin, there are options to what bike will be the best for me. The Yamaha will be at the top of the list from what I've seen so far but until we hear some ride reports and/or take one for a good test ride, I can't say at this moment what I would buy.

I love the bike though and am looking forward to some feedback from real riders.

As for those of you saying that you are going to leave us because of the various opinions and discussions, that's sad to hear. You have to do what you feel is best for you but you will be missed.

Double surprise for me was the Victory Vision look of the new bike, IMHO - I could not help but wonder if some of the design staff from the now defunct Polaris Victory line had made their way into Yamaha RnD or something..
Gotta take you to task for this Puc. Have you forgotten what a misbegotten looking motorcycle the Vision is/was? Take a look. The new Yamaha, in my opinion is a truly gorgeous well balanced and modern looking machine. It has taken the best features of the Gen1 and merged them with the riding style of the Gen2. A compromise, yes, but a good one none the less.

Truthfully,, I was 100% shocked by the whole unveiling,, was it fun - INDEED.. Was it a let down - yes but only because my perspective of what constitutes a "touring bike" is very skewed from years of CTFW.. I am used to seeing lots of Wings, a fair amount of Gen 2 Ventures, numerous Beemers, an occasional Voyager out on the tour, a fair amount of modern day adventure bikes and, of course, my backside is shaped like the seat of the most amazing touring bike of all time who has the heart of the most Iconic muscle bike ever made - the MK1 Venture = have seen my share of the MK1's and 2's too. Those are "touring bikes" IMHO..
You are the Tour Master on here and you have nailed it.

The new Yamaha looks like a touring bike but it is really just a cruiser in drag. Without the V4 and shaft drive it is just not a Venture. That engine and drive train has been the one consistent feature of the Venture from the beginning. Without them it can't be honestly called a Venture. Yamaha should have named their new bike the Journey or whatever, anything but a Venture. If they got the balance right I expect it will be at least moderately successful in the V-twin lightweight touring market.

Never mind the V-twin, getting only 34 mpg will keep this bike from attaining any creds as a serious touring bike.

It is interesting that the serious and successful touring bikes are all shaft drive, there must be a reason for it. I wonder how much consternation would arise if the Goldwing or BMW 1600 came out with a belt drive.

Yamaha have dropped the ball on this new bike which is too bad because I think it could have been the best Venture yet but ended up an HD wannabe.

I don't think anyone is "BENT OUT OF SHAPE" or a 'BUNCH OF WHINERS". We all took to a public forum, and kept things civil and expressed our collective disappointment over one aspect or another of the "NEW" bike.

Some of us do resort to a bit of extreme in our writing in order to express the emotion that we feel (I'm guilty I admit, see earlier post in this thread)

Unfortunately big touring bikes are a luxury, not a necessity! Unlike the automotive market or the over all motorcycle market, we are dealing with a small percentage of a small percentage. So therefore the builders must think about sales. Yamaha, Harley, Polaris and the others do market research to find what they feel is the best way to get the largest market share possible.

Now that the initial shock has worn off, I for one, am intrigued by a lot of what they have done, and I'm hoping now that the platform is out it may evolve a bit quicker that the 2nd gens did. I'll reserve my judgement of the v-twin platform and trans/clutch combo, my brothers Harley with a little V&H upgrades runs around my V-4.So until we start getting some reviews from the magazines as the new bike is put through its paces, we can continue to good naturedly discuss the new bike to death.

FOR THE RECORD SO FAR EVERYONE IN THIS GROUP WHO I HAVE INTERACTED WITH IS A REAL STAND UP PERSON, NOT A WHINER OR A CRYBABY, EVEN THE LIBERALS ARE OKAY.