IGNORED

rear tire

amr

I just put Dunlop's new E4s on my Goldwing and I was running E3s . The newer tire is suppose to run longer and quieter. I have about 100 miles and so far I like them very quiet compared to my E3s .My old tires were cupped and made a lot of noise . Check them out and see if they are right for you.Bill

Can 'o worms!! You may as well ask what brand of oil to use while you're at it!!

I too am an E-3/E-4 fan as they have the best treadwear spec of them all, but other people like the Michelin Commander, Shinkos for economy, etc. We all sort of agree to stay away from Metzler's as they have a propensity for throwing out chunks of rubber and causing accidents...

I liked the Michelin Commander 2. No howl 15-20k or more for me. I also needed a tire on the budget one time for the RSV. I went with a Shinko. Also very good traction, but I traded a few thousand miles (5) later. But it showed very good wear.

My RSV had the E3 on it when I bought it. Few month in I was rounding some corners and heard this whine/roar sound. Read tire sides cupped. My new to me Victory last year when I bough it had the radial flavor E3. Same deal roar in corners. So for me 2 out of 2 was enough. On the Victory this time I found some Continental Milestones. So far so good. Whatever you get try to get a "reinforced" tire.

Ditto Bert2006...

On my second Michelin Commander II on the rear. Got 12,800 miles on the first Michelin rear and I ride 2-up the majority of time. I used to run Metzgers on my bikes but the Michelins are far superior.

I run the Dunlop E III great grip, dry or rain and get about 20,000 miles.

You really get 20K miles out of a rear tire? I have never gotten more than 10K on any bike I have owned or any tire. I check tire pressure pretty regularly. I must be doing something wrong.

Most of my riding is back country roads with many curves - perhaps that is reason?

You really get 20K miles out of a rear tire? I have never gotten more than 10K on any bike I have owned or any tire. I check tire pressure pretty regularly. I must be doing something wrong.

Most of my riding is back country roads with many curves - perhaps that is reason?

You wouldn't think so but gravel roads and shabby back roads chew the tread right up..

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Well I ride WV,KY SW Virginia if that is not enough curves I will head for PA. I do a lot of curves also two up and sometimes pulling a trailer.

So I should use the T6 shell Rotella along with my Elite 8's or should I roll with the T4 oil and go with the Avons? So much to choose from....
In the final analysis I don't think it really matters what oil you use on your tires. :smile5:

In the final analysis I don't think it really matters what oil you use on your tires. :smile5:

No! it really does.... Use the one that makes them look black & shiny! No need to go synthetic though, Dino will do! :63: