IGNORED

Maybe, Just Maybe!

Well, I think it is obvious that something new is coming in a Yamaha touring bike. The fact that their videos are highlighting the Star style of motorcycles tells me that it is going to be a cruiser style. The talk about what people would like to see and calling those things a "game changer" tells me that it is going to have a lot of the features that many of us have been wanting.

What we don't yet know is what engine it will have. The 1700 V4 makes the most sense to most of us but the VTwin out of the Stratocaster line of bikes is a possibility but I sure hope that they don't do that. I hope that they stand strong and continue to dare to be different with some iteration of our V4.

The other thing I wonder is whether or not they will continue calling it a Venture? I hope so but I just don't know.

At least it is not all rumor this time. We will know something in about a month. :)

I just hope that I don't like it. I've got my '05 pretty much all decked out the way that I like it.

What we don't yet know is what engine it will have. The 1700 V4 makes the most sense to most of us but the VTwin out of the Stratocaster line of bikes is a possibility but I sure hope that they don't do that. I hope that they stand strong and continue to dare to be different with some iteration of our V4.

I have always wondered about a v4 that operates like a vtwin. Both front cylinders fire simultaneously and the rear do the same. What that would do is make the motor feel like a vtwin only more powerful. It would do so with 4 valves per cylinder so the front cylinders would would simultaneously have 4 intake valves (vs 2 on a vtwin) feeding the fuel on one power stroke and 4 doing the exhaust on one exhaust stroke and the same on the rear cylinders. EFI controlling the fuel. Same displacement as a vtwin but better intake and exhaust volume due to more valves. 2 coils too. Makes everything simpler. Just have to get the buzzy highway vibration feeling out of it like present on the Road Stars. Maybe rubber mounted but better than HD.

I wonder if any engine company has ever tried this.

I just hope that I don't like it. I've got my '05 pretty much all decked out the way that I like it.

I am pretty much where I want to be on my '08. The biggest problem if I like it is, how I am going to be able to sneak it past my wife!

Edited by grubsie

So they are implying it will have;

EFI

built in AM, FM, XM and navigation with blue tooth

heated seats and grips

Reverse

Hmm So why would I trade?

EFI-check

AM-FM-Bluetooth-Check

Heated seat and grips-Check

ABS-Check

Reverse-option

The other thing I wonder is whether or not they will continue calling it a Venture? I hope so but I just don't know.

The references to the "Journey" and the fact Journey is displayed prominently in a emblem ready logo fashion (V extending from the bottom of the O in journey, noting V engine), they are already developing the brand. The logical conclusion is it will be called the Yamaha Journey. That is my bet. They also created their own classification for it : "Transcontinental Touring" motorcycle.

I would love to see a luxury touring bike from Yamaha. I afraid that adding a built in GPS that performs poorly compared to Garmin units and an unneeded reverse will push the price up too much. Lack of antilock brakes would also be a mistake in my opinion.

https://canadamotoguide.com/2017/05/10/yamaha-confirms-new-touring-motorcycle-coming-soon/

"Yamaha’s built cruiser-styled touring bikes around other engines in the past, and a move towards a cruiser powered by a parallel twin or triple (from the FZ lineup) could signal an interesting future ahead."

I had mentioned the triple before....wouldn't surprise me....but only 847cc?

From Yamaha's site on the FZ on the triple cylinder (in-line) :

The FZ-09’s 847cc CP3® engine combines advanced electronic systems—including YCC-T®, Yamaha D-Mode and multi-mode traction control—with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, torquey and quick-revving engine character built around rider-centric control.

Interesting article - http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/yamaha-to-reveal-new-touring-model-at-americade-rally.html

In ready to buy one IF it has the following...

ABS

FI

6 speed

at least 150 hp

liquid cooled

Nav, MUCH better stereo/electronics/blutooth etc

MUCH easier to handle at low speed/lower seating position better "flat foot" for short legs

LED lighting

more storage than my RSV

options to keep price from 19k to maybe 25k