IGNORED

My Light Was Out But Now It's On

MikeWa

Not that light. My head light. My head...light. Ok so I went out to start my Venture today. I hadn't ridden for several months and I admit I was a little apprehensive. Made sure the choke was set. Turned the key on and waited for the fuel pump to stop. Then I cranked it over. It cranked but didn't start. Reposition the choke and crank some more. Then some more. Now I am getting worried on how long the battery can last. Tap the carbs, open the gas cap. Still no start. I finally notice the fuel pump seems to be running longer and longer. I am not out of gas. Then I dawns on me. My light turns on so hard it almost explodes right out of my head. So I turn the petcock to run and the bike starts right up.

Mike

Thats a good one Mike:thumbsup:.. Another one that will get cha is, if you have a reserve position on the petcock, cruising along, run out of fuel, reach down and flip er up on reserve and then forget to flip it back down on run when ya fill up.. Did you know that even those light weight old 650 Yams get really really heavy when you discover that you forgot to flip that little sucker back down and you reach down to put it on reserve again and your 7.3 miles from a gas station out in the Utah desert?