IGNORED

Carbtune

10spd

I'm wanting to sell the carbtune sync tool i bought earlier this year. The shop that is doing the work will sync the carbs. I do not have a need for it. $75.00 and I'll send it to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well, I've had a carbtune for a lot of years but I think that I'm actually going to the 4 vacuum gauge setup next time. The carbtunes have served me well but I do find myself tapping on them sometimes to unstick one and I would be more comfortable if I could easily calibrate them.

Thanks for saving me money Chuck. Every time I see a good deal on one of those I think I should grab that. Was slow moving this morning. Just now looking at things. If I take time to think I believe I'm better off with my old Mercury sticks. They don't stick as Don said. But they are hard to carry around without looseing the mercury.

The Carbtune is great, I love mine but maybe its not old enough for the sliders to stick, it still works as it should. This might be a good time to point out that carb synching is a part of regular maintainance, carb racks are not really a set it and forget it deal. Periodic adjustment is ideal to keep that solid idle, snappy off idle performance, super easy starts and optimal MPG. Not that there couldnt be other factors to interupt this.

I throw mine on once or twice a season or any time I touch the carbs and theres usually room for adjustment to get it spot on. These great bikes will actually run okay on only three cyl so it might be easy not to notice as it gradually falls out of synch. Im sure a VMX or XVZ could go years without a synch but Im OCD about making multiple carbs behave like EFI so take this with a grain of Na. If a bike could experience being manic this is when it would happen :guitarist 2:

My motion pro didnt have any fluid in it when I got it. It had evaporated or went else where. So after some reading, some guys were running antifreeze in the gauge. The actual motion stuff is kind of pricey. A bit more research and found guys liked using 2 stroke mix oil. If it happened to suck some in it aint no biggie. It has worked fine for me. Set gauges and even out, then adjust. Keeps it smooth running and mileage reasonable.

My motion pro didnt have any fluid in it when I got it. It had evaporated or went else where. So after some reading, some guys were running antifreeze in the gauge. The actual motion stuff is kind of pricey. A bit more research and found guys liked using 2 stroke mix oil. If it happened to suck some in it aint no biggie. It has worked fine for me. Set gauges and even out, then adjust. Keeps it smooth running and mileage reasonable.

Well I'll be I have a motion pro sync pro myself, I got one use out of it and the second time I tried to use it I was syncing the gauges and one tube emptied out. I wished I would have known of the simple fix so think I will order the restrictor and go get new vacuum line and fix mine. I ended up buying the Carbtune Sync tool and the Colortune. Because it was my second motion pro over the fluid I figured I either did not know how to use it or the bike had too much vacuum for it. I liked how steady the fluid was and the fact I could sync the gauges themselves....

Well, I've had a carbtune for a lot of years but I think that I'm actually going to the 4 vacuum gauge setup next time. The carbtunes have served me well but I do find myself tapping on them sometimes to unstick one and I would be more comfortable if I could easily calibrate them.

Right there with ya Boss.. Here's what I picked up a few years ago - work great, got built in calibration restrictors and got all the adapters.. The set has come way down in price too I see, think I paid 120 for mine...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Carburetor-Synchronizer-carb-sync-Gauge-Yamaha-HONDA-CB-XS-XJ-1100-1200-/380901309371?hash=item58af7cbbbb:g:pekAAOSwZQRYaCB~

I will take it. Send me your info and I will get the funds to you.

Friday will be fine. I will mail it to you. I'm not attending Dons MD this year. I have other plans to bevin Bluefield WV. That same weekend.

Friday will be fine. I will mail it to you. I'm not attending Dons MD this year. I have other plans to bevin Bluefield WV. That same weekend.

Are you by chance going to the WV. SCRC State Rally? My son and his wife will be there but I chose to go to Don instead.

Are you by chance going to the WV. SCRC State Rally? My son and his wife will be there but I chose to go to Don instead.

Actually yes i am.looking forward to it.

Right there with ya Boss.. Here's what I picked up a few years ago - work great, got built in calibration restrictors and got all the adapters.. The set has come way down in price too I see, think I paid 120 for mine...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Carburetor-Synchronizer-carb-sync-Gauge-Yamaha-HONDA-CB-XS-XJ-1100-1200-/380901309371?hash=item58af7cbbbb:g:pekAAOSwZQRYaCB~

Sure like the looks of that one Bro. How would you rate it compared to CarbTune?? If you scroll down on that ad they have a set that looks as if it should work for 61 bucks but want 16 bucks shipping. Still 77 bucks??? My only complaint with my Mecury sticks is the care ya have to take with them. They seem to work great.

I bought a Motion Pro sync tool. I got bubbles in the fluid that I couldn't shake down and was told by their tech it needed fluid. It was really easy for the fluid to get sucked into the engine if the carb sync was very far off. I was poed enough with it that I sold if for less than half what I paid for it and constructed a homemade unit. If I buy another it will be a set of gauges. CarbSync 001 (768x1024).jpg

• 11 months later...

Yay! Just got my Morgan Carbtune in the mail.

Update after using the Morgan Carbtune is nothing but amazing. My carbs were way off so the diffrence is night and day. The idle, acceleration, and throttle response now are unbelievable. I found myself having to work to keep it above 65mph before the sync, but now I can’t keep it under 70mph.

Edited by Great adVENTURE

Darn, Chuck, you beat me to it!! I'm looking to replace my 4 gauge setup with a Morgan...

Hey Bob....did you forget about this??? Am still holding it for you...75.00 Merkan dollars! Its brand new, never used. Let me know if u don't need it anymore. No rush for payment...can give it to anyone whos coming your way.:beer:

icon1.png Re: Carb sync tool

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
chabicheka
viewpost-right.png

Hey Bob..

.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Becky.

I also have a
Carbtune
I had ordered from England and never even opened the box.

Don't need it anymore since I now have fuel injected bike.

Same price. Can hold it for you if you still need one,till we meet again. Don't like the mailing hassles. ( Custom forms etc).

Abdul.
:beer::canada:

Thanks, Abdul, I'll take it!! We won't be at Saddlebum's M&E but if Father Time does another March one we will probably be at that one. I will pay you in person!

Holy cow, Abdul, yes, I completely forgot!!! In the meantime, I came in possession of one over the winter, but I am still interested!! If you can hold on to it until July I plan on making the Niagara Falls Rally, or if you can transport it to Caledonia Wizard765 comes over here often, as a matter of fact, he was just here today!

I know, why would I want two?? Well, I'll keep the brand new one for myself and donate the used one for a door prize or something like that...

Holy cow, Abdul, yes, I completely forgot!!! In the meantime, I came in possession of one over the winter, but I am still interested!! If you can hold on to it until July I plan on making the Niagara Falls Rally, or if you can transport it to Caledonia Wizard765 comes over here often, as a matter of fact, he was just here today!

I know, why would I want two?? Well, I'll keep the brand new one for myself and donate the used one for a door prize or something like that...

Bob what rally in July at Niagra Falls? I heard it was in Aug.