IGNORED

Black Owl

Condor

Sad news for us that will miss him. Maybe best for him though. He has suffered for a long time and sometimes enough is just enough. I'm sorry he is gone and will miss him but am thankful that is pain is now finished. Prayers to all family and friends. Godspeed my friend.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride In Peace, amigo. I got the news from Bubber yesterday. If you spent any time with him - he had some stories, man! Never was sure how much was true, but he told them with conviction! He was literally the first guy I met face-to-face at the very first VR get-together in Potato Creek. And was the Chief cook and main driver behind the annual Pork in the Pines gathering. He will be missed.

I don't know if this group does this, but I'm going to look into getting some RIP patches made in his honor.

th_539c8266.jpg

For those of us who never had the priviledge of meeting Black Owl, does anyone have any photos they could post? Thanks

That's him getting his hair cut in the post above. Here's a couple more from various PIP events.

Owl Free Bird and Crash.jpg jse_DSCN3877.jpg IMG_1345.jpg 10606127_4515003569387_3907708593153520095_n.jpg

The good they do die young,,, miss ya brother... Was gonna wish you the rest in peace thing but personally, I REALLY like the Ride In Peace one that Red1 posted so I am going that route cause I KNOW your riding those streets of gold as I type this = Ride In Peace my friend!! Prayers Up for Russell's family and friends while sorting thru the grieving process - if your reading this = please know he was treasured and loved,, definitely my kinda folk!!

Red1, put me on the list of one interested in a Black Owl memory patch. If you need a certain quanity to get the order started - put +1 for Puc.

THANK YOU Condor for posting this!!

R.I.P. Black Owl

Puc

Sadden by this but know his pain is over. Loved the posts and hope that the ride in the sky is fantastic for him with many turns and hills. We are all getting closer to our demise all we can hope is that we leave a memory. And Black Owl has done this.

:farmer:

I will miss you my brother.

So sorry I was about 20 minutes to late to say my good byes.

Even though I chatted with you will waiting for you daughters to return from diner I kind of knew you could hear me and you knew I was there.

So glad to have had the time to laugh with you, tell jokes, just plain enjoying each other's company and just enjoy our lives together.

I'll miss the smile, the food, the generosity, your willingness to help anyone that needed it, whether they asked for it or not.

I'll miss the long BS sessions we had in the car coming and going to the PIP the last few years. It will be a lonely ride this year.

But I hope ride along with me in spirit.

I miss your willingness to do more than was expected and with a positive attitude.

I'll miss having a shot or two even though nether one of us probably should have.

We can blame Tequila Pete for that, ya that'l work for me.

I'll miss your leadership by example. Your loyalty to other fellow VenturRiders.

Your loyalty to those darn hippy Canadians that get flat tires in the middle of North Dakota in the middle of a tornado.

Your loyalty to your country's of Canada and The United States. The countrys you fought for and defended.

I'll miss your humility to not take any of the credit for a job well done.

I salute you my friend for your service in Vietnam, a service that most likely contributed to your leaving us much to soon.

We lost a good friend and brother this week and like most times in our lives we were to late telling them just how much we loved and respected them. Let me do that now for all of us.

Sorry I was was just a few minutes late, but I have a suspicion that you were hanging on tight so you didn't leave in front of you daughters.

They sure will miss you and so will your fellow riders.

I hope your at peace and you no longer have to fight the terrible diseases you suffered from for so long.

Rest in peace my friend rest in Peace

Just one of you many friends.

Bubber

Edited by Bubber

Well said Bubber, you summed it up very well. Russell was always willing to do whatever needed to be done for others but never wanted any recognition for it and never wanted a fuss made over his own problems. There is no doubt that he knew what a great friend you were.

Just got to see this. Met him one I think, but I noticed he was always ready to help when help was needed, and even if it wasn't needed.

Guess we all got to face that part of our lives as well, and from I have read, he even did that well.

May we all have such a tribute when we move on.

Blessings to those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

It is with heavy heart that I offer sincere condolences to the family of another Venture Rider member and American Military Hero. I have read and enjoyed many posts from Black Owl over the years, he will be missed.

To the Family, May the memories of your Hero sustain and carry you through the days and years to come.

From a fellow Veteran, Rest in Peace My Brother…as we say in the Navy, Fair Winds and Following Seas. Stand down, we now have the Watch.

God Bless...

Ron Pope

I came up w/ a design for a RIP patch for Russell if anyone is interested. I don't have a price yet, but as this is not a profit making venture - I will likely sell them at cost, which I'll post later when I have it. I'm thinking around $5 would cover the patch and include mailing cost to most USA & Canada locations. Patches will be 2.5" across & should be similar to this - (but smaller, obviously w/ all the elements centered). I'll post the final design & price ASAP. In the meantime - I need to have an idea how many to order. So - please send an e-mail to me if you WILL BUY them. Tell me how many you will take & include your mailing address. Any excess $$ will go to the Pork In The Pines fund.

RIP_BlkOwl2.jpg

E-mail - red@simpsontaxidermy.com

Red,

I'm in for a patch. Just let me know the cost.

I am very sorry to hear this.

He was a friend.

And one of the good ones!

I will most of all miss the early morning conversations with him at PIP.

I learned a lot.

Dang,

Will miss him!

Tom

Red,

I'm in for a patch. Just let me know the cost.

I am very sorry to hear this.

He was a friend.

And one of the good ones!

I will most of all miss the early morning conversations with him at PIP.

I learned a lot.

Dang,

Will miss him!

Tom

Me too. I've got a lot of good memories of him. At PIP, at my house, at Potato Creek, on-line chats - "he was in a class of his own" as my father-in-law used to say. I'll let you know when I have them.

Red

I would like 3. One for me and one for each of his daughters.

Thanks for getting this going.

Bubber

No problem, Steve. I'll let you know. Do you think it should include the actual date (3-28-17)- or is the year OK?