IGNORED

Back in the saddle again

buddy

Well it looks like I might be back to riding ? Peg been missing it more than me ! So after three or so years It looks like we might be riding this yr if I find a good deal on a Goldwing 1800 since I can handle it better than a venture - top heavy .

figure buy a high mileage Wing for a better price and with my knees I might get few more yrs so there no since in buying a newer Wing with a loan payment. We will be trailering it to our out of state rides as well. the 600-700 mile day trips are long gone for me and Peg . Peg loves riding in AR area around Eureka Springs and Paris area as well hint hint to Colesgrandpa . So if all goes well you guys will be seeing Buddy & Peg aka Snowflake again might even bring back the Eureka Springs meet next yr?.

Eureka springs? Where dat at... I want to go to hot springs.. Might do my back and knees good going there and sitting in them. But hey they bring that I would probably be able to make that. If I had a wing I would put the venture front on it....

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Yep Peg misses more than me lol !

Four more yrs I can retire from the city and Peg stated we may move to AR as she loves the area ! And be closer to our friends . For us to enjoy good riding we have to go 300 mi from our home ,our area not great for scenic riding and the roads not that great either.

before I buy a bike I'll have to down size our vech's as we have too many lol three 4x4 trucks and two cars and it's just me and Peg also may be getting my moms car too that I bought fews yrs back she in her 80's . All goes well we may be riding again soon ? Peg had it her way we still have the blue GoldWing .

Yep Peg misses more than me lol !

Four more yrs I can retire from the city and Peg stated we may move to AR as she loves the area ! And be closer to our friends . For us to enjoy good riding we have to go 300 mi from our home ,our area not great for scenic riding and the roads not that great either.

before I buy a bike I'll have to down size our vech's as we have too many lol three 4x4 trucks and two cars and it's just me and Peg also may be getting my moms car too that I bought fews yrs back she in her 80's . All goes well we may be riding again soon ? Peg had it her way we still have the blue GoldWing .

Why not get a tri-wing? I will admit don't much care for the looks of the Honda's but My friend Barb and her husband have got a gold wing trike its pretty sharp. I like the fact the passenger has actual arm rest and cubby and cupholder. Not sure if it has heated seats but I think its nice looking as a trike...

I wouldn't let high mileage on a Honda scare you, nor the year. I almost bought a wing and of the 1800s there just weren't enough changes to warrant spending much more on a newer one and they are good for plenty of miles so IMHO your strategy of buying an earlier one with a few miles on the clock to avoid a payment is a very sound. It's still going to be essentially the same bike.

I only landed on the Venture because it felt much roomier for me it was more comfortable, I dont feel the top heavy of the Venture but I definitely feel great balance on the Goldwing. Buy it and enjoy it, it's no accident that so many folks love them so much.

I wouldn't let high mileage on a Honda scare you, nor the year. I almost bought a wing and of the 1800s there just weren't enough changes to warrant spending much more on a newer one and they are good for plenty of miles so IMHO your strategy of buying an earlier one with a few miles on the clock to avoid a payment is a very sound. It's still going to be essentially the same bike.

I only landed on the Venture because it felt much roomier for me it was more comfortable, I dont feel the top heavy of the Venture but I definitely feel great balance on the Goldwing. Buy it and enjoy it, it's no accident that so many folks love them so much.[/QUO

True

Been turning wrenches for over 30yrs so high mileage doesn't bother me one bit !

Between the Venture & Wing the Venture wins hands down for leg room ! My all time favorite bike is Roadkill 03 Venture which Monty has now . Loved that bike but Peg talked me into selling it as we had three touring bikes at the time . Told Monty & Angle when they picked it up that I regret selling but I knew it was going to be in good hands !

Maybe looking for one with training wheels lol

Might be a pretty penny but I have seen one when I was up in Joplin guy stopped at a stoplight and these wheels came out and held the bike up and when he took off they went back up.... Looked like a Wing but not sure my eyes aren't that great. Could have been a BMW I seen one of those at Walmart and talked to the guy after I watched him stop and the rear lift up, Hydrallic center stand so I teasingly asked does it have reverse too:doh: It sure does lol. Nice looking Bike He told me it was made for an old man so then I asked if it had wheels to that would come down he said no but he had seen those also.

Buddy: Saw your 03 Venture last week when Monty and Angel came to visit. They were camping in Mississippi I think. It looks real good. Monty is taking really good care of it. I know you miss it, but you know it's in good hands.

Patti

AWESOME BUDDY!!! Hope our paths cross somewhere/somehow this season!! Come up to Michigan this year and I will buy you a Hot Dog at one of our outings!!

Saw Monty a while back at one of Don's MD's!! Still as spry as ever and definitely taking good care of your scoot - someday the two of us are gonna go find some great big V-8 powered Boss Hosses to play with that he knows about - he brought me a Boss Hoss cuzy cup from the last time he rode your bike over to play with those great big bikes and I still have it on the front of my 1st Gen (under the antlers - you cant miss it, its the only Boss Hoss cuzy cup on the front of the bike and it is signed by Monty).. Posted all of this to let you know your bike is doing great and still in good hands!!

Welcome back!!

Puc

P.S. = all the very best in finding the next perfect scoot to meet you folks needs!!

Hey Buddy Warden showed me a 1500 Wing with 36k on it. Voyager Kit and trailer. $8500 bucks too high?? It is sharp. I passed on it. I told her it was too much for a Wing. Do you have facebook she says she can send pics??

Thanks Dan

I agree with you kinda $$ GL1500 around here are selling for 2800.00-3400.00 Kinda eyeing a GL1800 right now their asking 4500.00 but we will see