IGNORED

Snow Storm Coming - 03/14/17

N3FOL

Well, I am hunkered in right now. Snow Blower oil changed and full of gas. Generator is ready to go. Venture is resting until maybe Friday. SE corner of PA will get a significant amount of snow. If you are from the NE corridor, prepare now. Be Safe.

That same storm is dumping here right now.

It started last night and I woke to about 7 inches.

Expecting another 4-6 inches today.

Another 2-3 inches tonight.

and another 1-2 inches tomorrow before I am all done with it and send it on to the east for you folks to enjoy.....................

I do not believe the weatherman with his total guesstimates. they always guess way high so that people are relieved that we did not get as much as predicted. People get POed if we get more than expected.

Eastern NC got a light dusting yesterday morning, but it was all gone by lunch time. I hope you fair well in this one.

Several businesses are starting to put out closing notification earlier this afternoon. My place of employment never close EXCEPT DURING a strong snow storm. This time, an announcement came out and all operations are suspended until Wednesday. Very surprised to say the least. Just chillin in front of my computer. Thanks.

Guess we are supposed to get hit pretty good, hope they are wrong!! Just in case I loaded up the firewood, fired up the snoblower and filled up the bathtub. Ready!!!!

Craig

You are not too far from me. We may have similar amounts in terms of total snow accumulation.

Is it me or has everybody forgotten the amounts of snow that most of us grew up with during winter? Now it's we're all going to be inconvenienced and maybe have to stop with our daily grind for awhile. Let it come and revere its power. Me I'm gonna build something if we get enough to do it with. Our Governor shut the state school system down before it ever hit.:think: The only good thing about lack of local control is now I have more hands to help {grandkids}. :happy34:

I remember very clearly 24 years ago when we had the Storm of the Century in 93. We had over two feet of snow and drifts up to 14 feet due to the wind and it started on March, 13th.

I was with my ex in Nashville as she was taking a real estate exam and we had struggled to get a room on that Thursday night as her exam was on Friday. We had decided that if she passed that we would try to find a room and at least spend one more night. After dropping her off, I spent the morning bumming around going to pawn shops and watching it snow. It was still too warm to be laying, but the snow flakes were so big that I swear you could hear them hit the ground.

When I went back to the exam site, I sat there and watched 13 people in a row come out to where it was graded and all failed one or the other of the two parts. Well, my ex also failed one part. I asked her if she was hungry and she said no so I told her we needed to hit the road. As we were heading east, it was snowing hard, but the traffic was flying. It did not show any laying until we hit the Clinch Mountain range, but the roads were still clear. As we dropped off the mountain going closer to Knoxville, it was not laying again.

We made the mistake of not going thru a drive thru to get something to eat, but went in a Chili's Restaurant and it seemed to take forever. When we got back to the car, there was about 5 inches of snow and we had a bad time getting the 100 miles back to Johnson City. We woke up Saturday morning with about a foot and a half of snow and it still snowing and no electricity. There was some roads that had been scraped so I dug out my driveway so I could get my Maxima out and we were able to make it across town where my parents lived as they had a Warm Morning Stove that my dad had installed just for this reason. Before it was over with, we had over two feet of snow.

Yep, I still remember it clearly.

Randy

I remember very clearly 24 years ago when we had the Storm of the Century in 93. We had over two feet of snow and drifts up to 14 feet due to the wind and it started on March, 13th.

I was with my ex in Nashville as she was taking a real estate exam and we had struggled to get a room on that Thursday night as her exam was on Friday. We had decided that if she passed that we would try to find a room and at least spend one more night. After dropping her off, I spent the morning bumming around going to pawn shops and watching it snow. It was still too warm to be laying, but the snow flakes were so big that I swear you could hear them hit the ground.

When I went back to the exam site, I sat there and watched 13 people in a row come out to where it was graded and all failed one or the other of the two parts. Well, my ex also failed one part. I asked her if she was hungry and she said no so I told her we needed to hit the road. As we were heading east, it was snowing hard, but the traffic was flying. It did not show any laying until we hit the Clinch Mountain range, but the roads were still clear. As we dropped off the mountain going closer to Knoxville, it was not laying again.

We made the mistake of not going thru a drive thru to get something to eat, but went in a Chili's Restaurant and it seemed to take forever. When we got back to the car, there was about 5 inches of snow and we had a bad time getting the 100 miles back to Johnson City. We woke up Saturday morning with about a foot and a half of snow and it still snowing and no electricity. There was some roads that had been scraped so I dug out my driveway so I could get my Maxima out and we were able to make it across town where my parents lived as they had a Warm Morning Stove that my dad had installed just for this reason. Before it was over with, we had over two feet of snow.

Yep, I still remember it clearly.

Randy

I almost wished I was there sharing this experience with you, but sounds like fun

Disappointing Snow amounts in our area. I was off yesterday and back to normal here. It only took me less than an hour to clear the driveway and walkway. Snow total in my area is about 5 or 6 inches. Not bad, but my wife wans't too happy now that she is back to work instead of Friday....:essen_018: So, I now have to get ready for work in a couple of hours. I hope this is it for Winter. We have I guess about 5 more days before Spring. Goodbye Cold Temps....