IGNORED

Carbs, why they leaking?

Ok so finally I have ran my bike for 3.5hrs total trying to figure out this leak situation.... Well it seems to slobber on no.2 carb when the bike is shut off... Does not leak while running. What am I missing could it be the bowl gasket?

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Sounds like a stuck carb. float give it a drink of Seafoam chased with some Berrymans. Then ride it like you just stole it off the Showroom floor.
that sounds like solid advice, especially if you got some ethanol in it. If you suspect a high fuel level you can get the bike nice and level and do a wet bowl level check. When was the last time you were into the carbs?

Without engine running? Is when it gets wet around intake boot and on side stand, last I ran ethanol fuel was June of 2015!!! I will not put ethanol in it... Also right now I got 3 shots of marvel in it and been running it like I stole it since I got the new box... Ok I guess the question is how do i take the float valve out?

Why don't you check the fluid level when it is leaking by connecting a tube to the drain and opening it. Compare to the other carbs if necessary. If the level is high you know the needle is leaking on that carb. I used a clear tygon tube that fit tightly over the drain tubes on my venture to check the fuel levels in accordance with instructions in the manual.

Why don't you check the fluid level when it is leaking by connecting a tube to the drain and opening it. Compare to the other carbs if necessary. If the level is high you know the needle is leaking on that carb. I used a clear tygon tube that fit tightly over the drain tubes on my venture to check the fuel levels in accordance with instructions in the manual.

I have checked levels on it and that bowl is slightly lower, one other thing it has been doing for a while now is when I put it on the side stand it bogs down slightly then regains idle after a few seconds. But should I do it when the bike is on the side stand?

I have checked levels on it and that bowl is slightly lower, one other thing it has been doing for a while now is when I put it on the side stand it bogs down slightly then regains idle after a few seconds. But should I do it when the bike is on the side stand?
. Wet levels have to be checked with the bike level, ie the carbs as level as possible.

. Wet levels have to be checked with the bike level, ie the carbs as level as possible.

Yeah I check with center stand down but I think I may have figured out what is going on but it don't make a lick of sense to me if that is what is actually going on....

How full is the oil in the engine? Check it with the bike on the center stand please. Usually we only fill it to the bottom indicator on the sight glass. If you have it at the full mark on the sight class you can get some oil ending up in the airbox for blow by.

I have actually disconnected the breather line and replaced it with a filter to help with this issue.

If you download the service manual, this is instructions and pictures in there on how to do a test of the float levels with the bike running. They show using a gas tube but I would think clear hose would work also. You are comparing measurement against the carbs. This will at least show you just where the float level is set to.

Hope this helps you..

Rick F.

How full is the oil in the engine? Check it with the bike on the center stand please. Usually we only fill it to the bottom indicator on the sight glass. If you have it at the full mark on the sight class you can get some oil ending up in the airbox for blow by.

I have actually disconnected the breather line and replaced it with a filter to help with this issue.

If you download the service manual, this is instructions and pictures in there on how to do a test of the float levels with the bike running. They show using a gas tube but I would think clear hose would work also. You are comparing measurement against the carbs. This will at least show you just where the float level is set to.

Hope this helps you..

Rick F.

I have been keeping at halfway or in between both glass marks

A little update, let the bike sit for 2 days without starting it. Actually kinda forced by the weather, opened the bowl drain screws the ones that appeared to be leaking are bone dry nothing came out, the other two have pretty much maintained there levels, so Bowl gaskets it is just didn't think they would be leaking already as they were replaced last year... But carb was opened several times while I was chasing a crazy miss in the motor.... so fun fun pull the carbs once again I must, dissamble the carbs I must, resync the carbs I must.:bawling::crying::bawling::crying::bawling:so guess I will be using the gasket set I bought to rebuild the other carbs :mo money:

Is the gas coming out of the bowls? The rubber gaskets can get hard and leak. Or is it coming out of the drain tube? Those can get corroded and let fuel get by even if they are tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know but it has to be the bowls.... The drain screws seem fine not to mention the carbs are wet above that area...