IGNORED

Sad night in Atlanta and me

Dragonslayer

Not only did I not win the chili cook off with my hickory smoked venison sausage chili but the DIRTY BIRDS had victory snatched out of their talons from the New England Patriots. I'm pissed and going to bed now. I guess I'll have to wake up tomorrow and find another reason to live.

In the words of Scarlett O Hara, "Tomorrow is another day"

Well Master Dragonslayer,,, I aint gonna lie to ya brother,, I honestly cant say that I can relate... Have never really been much a sports fan,, just another flaw in my character.. Tip and I did get together with a slew of neighborhood friends for a Super Bowl Party though.. Went down to my buddies house who I helped build the Sporty Trike.. He invited several couples,, grilled a bunch of Rib Eye Steaks and had a HUGE smorgasboard of the FINEST viddles known to man (the stuffed olives were SUPREME!!)... Us guys sat in the garage - buddy had the hood of his Vette popped and I sat on the front tire eating my curbs and whey.. Got asked who I thought would win - had to :think: to think who might be playing - remembered hearing someone say "Falcons" a few days ago so I said the Falcons by 12 cause the Lions aint been doing to good - all my buddies looked at each other and :rotfl:..

That was pretty much the end of our discussion about football - us five guys sat in the garage and talked scoots (friend Larry just traded in his V-Rod on a brand new Low Rider S - gonna be building on another one!! The discussion turned to a cross country - tent camping - ride plan for Sturgis this year.. Then we started digging thru the new Screaming Eagle parts catalog.. We were constantly interuppted by screams from the ladies inside the house who were watching a football game.. Tip came out to check on me and said the Falcons were ahead 28 to nothing (I think) - I looked at those bozo's I was partying with and said = I TRIED TO TELL YOU GUYS BUT OHHH NO:buttkick:!!!

Later, after all the booze was drunk in the garage (not by me - I was sipping my Dr. Pepper) and the steaks were gone and the olives had disappeared - the ladies all came out and said "UNREAL" and then muttered something about "first time in history for overtime" - when asked who won = got told "The Patriots" - look at the guys staring at me and said - heyyyyyyyyyy,,,, kinda like the recent election,, the Patriots won :usa: - everyone ROARED and we all went home :guitarist 2:

The End

I watched too Bob hoping for a Falcon win. I haven't watched Pro ball this year because of Kaepernick and his antics. But this week I read about the Falcons Putting pics of Military Personal inside their helmets and that person's initials on their helmets. And I don't forgive cheaters very easy. So I broke my self inflected ban and watched hoping for a Falcon win. Got to feel good for a half anyway. Sleep well Bob you did your part.

Not happy with the outcome either but I will say that was one of the most exciting Superbowls I ever watched! It pains me to say this, but this year NE deserved the win for the comeback they pulled off. Also, I was impressed Lady Ca Ca was reasonably behaved.

So now this morning I'm waiting for the reports of rioting and looting with people carrying #Notmysuperbowl signs and dressed up as beer cans and basketballs...

I gotta be the odd man out here. The first half had me giving up on the Pats. It was depressing.. The Falcons were kicking their a$s. But.... I've been around long enough to know the real games usually don't start until after half time... Which I thought was great BTW... When the Pats scored that first touchdown in the 2nd half I knew something good was about to happen, and wasn't disappointed. I still figured they were going to fall short, but at least they were going to make it a respectable close. Boy was I wrong, and happy to be so. My son called and asked if I was watching, and I told him with tongue in cheek that the Pats were going win and he could put that one in the bank, I didn't realize how true that prediction would become. The rest of the prediction was that Brady would retire, and the Falcons would be the next dynasty. All you Falcons fans just remember... They're young and resilient, but it's just damn hard for youth and skill to over come old age and treachery... :bowdown: :backinmyday:

Ditto what Condor except I don't see Brady in retirement. I see him in a new Rolls Royce given to him by Robert Kraft because the Patroits franchise value just leaped into the startosphere.

Remember the pounding in first half?? If he keeps going the Falcons will bury him next year.... Not a great way to hang up the cleats.... He sez he wants to keep playing into his 50's.... He's there. Super Bowl 51... :whistling: :-)

So now this morning I'm waiting for the reports of rioting and looting with people carrying #Notmysuperbowl signs and dressed up as beer cans and basketballs...

OH Bob your one funny guy.

Don't it seem that no what happens the other side goes POOR ME, Everybody did this to me. POOR POOR ME.

I was sure one of the teams was going to loose but didn't know which one. I guess the old saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch" if applicable here.

Oh ya I was watching the Big Bang for most of the second half. Shows you how much I cared.

Congrates to both teams for making it interesting enough to watch the last 15 minutes.

Oh Ya #Notmysuperbowl

#notmysuperbowl I was riding tinker o yeah she seconds #notmysuperbowl I'm with @cowpuc I didn't even know yesterday was the superbowl just noticed people buying beer. Figured there was some sort of partying going on, so once again I say NOTMYSUPERBOWL!!!

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Remember the pounding in first half?? If he keeps going the Falcons will bury him next year.... Not a great way to hang up the cleats.... He sez he wants to keep playing into his 50's.... He's there. Super Bowl 51... :whistling: :-)

You're right of course about retirement but not next year. He's got a good front line and a few good years left in him - if Vegas had odds, I'd bet on 2020 as his last year.

I dunno who got MVP, but I would guess the cheater leader. But the guy that should get it is the receiver that caught that finger tip catch. Because if that went the other way their sails would have been let out. The Pats only played one quarter, but I guess evidently thats all they needed to. Atlanta played a way better game, but I think they ran themselves out of gas at the end.

The other thing that irks me is they are making a mockery out of what we raised our kids on. "cheaters never win" But yet here they are.

Well Master Dragonslayer,,, I aint gonna lie to ya brother,, I honestly cant say that I can relate... Have never really been much a sports fan,, just another flaw in my character.. Tip and I did get together with a slew of neighborhood friends for a Super Bowl Party though.. Went down to my buddies house who I helped build the Sporty Trike.. He invited several couples,, grilled a bunch of Rib Eye Steaks and had a HUGE smorgasboard of the FINEST viddles known to man (the stuffed olives were SUPREME!!)... Us guys sat in the garage - buddy had the hood of his Vette popped and I sat on the front tire eating my curbs and whey.. Got asked who I thought would win - had to :think: to think who might be playing - remembered hearing someone say "Falcons" a few days ago so I said the Falcons by 12 cause the Lions aint been doing to good - all my buddies looked at each other and :rotfl:..

That was pretty much the end of our discussion about football - us five guys sat in the garage and talked scoots (friend Larry just traded in his V-Rod on a brand new Low Rider S - gonna be building on another one!! The discussion turned to a cross country - tent camping - ride plan for Sturgis this year.. Then we started digging thru the new Screaming Eagle parts catalog.. We were constantly interuppted by screams from the ladies inside the house who were watching a football game.. Tip came out to check on me and said the Falcons were ahead 28 to nothing (I think) - I looked at those bozo's I was partying with and said = I TRIED TO TELL YOU GUYS BUT OHHH NO:buttkick:!!!

Later, after all the booze was drunk in the garage (not by me - I was sipping my Dr. Pepper) and the steaks were gone and the olives had disappeared - the ladies all came out and said "UNREAL" and then muttered something about "first time in history for overtime" - when asked who won = got told "The Patriots" - look at the guys staring at me and said - heyyyyyyyyyy,,,, kinda like the recent election,, the Patriots won :usa: - everyone ROARED and we all went home :guitarist 2:

The End

Puc,

Once again, you made me laugh when I needed it the most. I get that the party is as much fun as the game. But, my feelings of melancholy are a little deeper this year than most. This is not a good state of affairs for a Master Dragon slayer such as myself.

It’s not so much that I’m a real die hard sports fan because, I’m really not. And, truth be told, the first game I watched this year was the Falcons beating Green Bay for the 2016 NFC Championship. But, when they did beat Green Bay and the Falcons were finally going to the Super Bowl after 19 years of not doing so, I couldn’t help but jump on the band wagon. I’m not ashamed of running out and buying all the team paraphernalia like a diehard fan. And I am only slightly embarrassed by the amount of time, energy and money spent over the past two weeks rallying for the cause and waving the Falcon’s flag. Because after all, I am still only one of the ten native Atlantans left in this gridlocked crime infested city. And wanting to root for the hometown team is only natural I guess.

I also realize that as for last night’s game, it came down to the coin toss at the beginning of the sudden death period. I do believe with all of my heart that in my opinion had the Falcon’s won that coin toss and elected to receive we would have rallied and marched the ball down the field for a win. So when it was all said and done and the fat lady sang it boiled down to a coin toss. How can anyone be mad about the results of a coin toss?The loss of the game was due to a 50/50 game of chance. It’s just the fate of O’le Lady Luck.

My state of devastation, depression and melancholy is not so much a result of the loss of the game, but at my own over-exuberant stupidity.You see not being a big Lady Ga Ga fan, rather than watching the half time show I thought I would spend the time wisely and run a quick errand to the shop next door to where I was watching the game. This later became the source of my regret.

Your Troubled Friend,

Bob

PS, The Chili cook off was another matter all together. That contest was rigged.

falcons-super-bowl-li-champs-tattoo.jpg

Edited by Dragonslayer

Well that tatoo would be almost as bad as all the Dale Jr fans that had the big * tatooed on their arm. They lucked out and could add another 8 beside the one they had and bee good to go when he changed teams and numbers. So I guess you could always say "next year" and make it L II, no problem.

11Puc,

Once again, you made me laugh when I needed it the most. I get that the party is as much fun as the game. But, my feelings of melancholy are a little deeper this year than most. This is not a good state of affairs for a Master Dragon slayer such as myself.

It’s not so much that I’m a real die hard sports fan because, I’m really not. And, truth be told, the first game I watched this year was the Falcons beating Green Bay for the 2016 NFC Championship. But, when they did beat Green Bay and the Falcons were finally going to the Super Bowl after 19 years of not doing so, I couldn’t help but jump on the band wagon. I’m not ashamed of running out and buying all the team paraphernalia like a diehard fan. And I am only slightly embarrassed by the amount of time, energy and money spent over the past two weeks rallying for the cause and waving the Falcon’s flag. Because after all, I am still only one of the ten native Atlantans left in this gridlocked crime infested city. And wanting to root for the hometown team is only natural I guess.

I also realize that as for last night’s game, it came down to the coin toss at the beginning of the sudden death period. I do believe with all of my heart that in my opinion had the Falcon’s won that coin toss and elected to receive we would have rallied and marched the ball down the field for a win. So when it was all said and done and the fat lady sang it boiled down to a coin toss. How can anyone be mad about the results of a coin toss?The loss of the game was due to a 50/50 game of chance. It’s just the fate of O’le Lady Luck.

My state of devastation, depression and melancholy is not so much a result of the loss of the game, but at my own over-exuberant stupidity.You see not being a big Lady Ga Ga fan, rather than watching the half time show I thought I would spend the time wisely and run a quick errand to the shop next door to where I was watching the game. This later became the source of my regret.

Your Troubled Friend,

Bob

PS, The Chili cook off was another matter all together. That contest was rigged.

Not really, just kidding.

uhhhhhhh... what's a "Super Bowl" ???

:missingtooth:

It's a new offering at the local Dairy Queen here in Boston. You pay for it once, and can refill it as many times as you want until Tom Brady retires! HaHaHa, only catch is you have to be wearing a Patriots jersey in order to buy it and know the secret Patriot fan handshake. :fnd_(16)::rotf::cool10:

Oh yeah..... #NotMySuperBowl !