IGNORED

Adding floorboards off a 1999-2013 venture on my 1986 venture

I am installing the floorboards, shifter and linkage from a 1999-2013 venture on my 1986 Yamaha trike I built.They bolt right up to the forward lower crash bar mount and had to add a plate to bolt the rear too the rear lower crash bar mount. Linkage had to be reversed but that was just to move one arm from bottom to top . I made the linkage to suit. I also had to make the crash bars into shorty crash bars but I really did not need them on my trike. Still needed them for lower chin plastic to attach to. Shifter works great and feels just like my 2006 venture. Seat and feet position are almost the same as the 2006. I got to use to the forward controls on my 2006 venture and did not feel right with my feet back under me. I am working on the brake side and almost got that done also. That side was a little more to do to clear the clutch housing on the motor but I mad a step over linkage to clear that but need more parts. Will show picture after I get it done. The reason I am doing this is because I will be selling my 2006 Venture in spring because I am getting too tipsy with the two of us on it but we both still want to ride a lot more.

Just something to do waiting for spring to come LOL

20161221_164710.jpg

20161226_143317_001.jpg

20161226_143151_001.jpg

20161226_143108.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi keith, I have done this to my 86 Venture as well. Been using the forward controls for about 3 years now have sold the bike since but still have the controls and will be transferring them to my 90 I really enjoy the way you sit on it now very comfortable have any questions feel free to get in touch with me I see I just live down the road a bit from you we will have to get together and do some riding this summer maybe we could meet at Rose dinner in Luxemburg for breakfast some time.