IGNORED

Who wants to do Vogel again????

DragonRider

Just throwing this out there a little early to see if there is enough interest to do another Vogel this coming August. Normally happens on the 3rd weekend in August. Format will be the same as last year. No registration fee, donations for St. Jude will be taken, may have a raffle, will put out bucket for donations for the cookout we normally do on Sat. Hope to see the regulars there!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linda and I enjoyed Vogal last time, even though we were in the Miata. We did almost loose our storage bag to a bear I chased up into the woods at about 2am, but I got it back with a few tooth marks. Now, we use a car top carrier we strap onto our Time Out Camper and when we get to a camping spot, we strap it on top of the picnic table along with strapping the cooler on the seat. Also, Vogal is a really nice park and cools off nicely in the evenings, given it is on the shady side of the mountain.

Anyway Lewis, we will try to make it if you have it. I know how you feel as I was disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm for Asheville last year, but in the end, we had a really great time and had a lot of really special people show up.

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

You have been around here over six years and you have not heard of Vogal? :doh:

Vogal 1 is the first time I met any of this bunch. I've not been the same since. :hihi:

Randy

I think you were a little warped already!!! :backinmyday:That was when you told me how to fix a 1st Gen Tranny!!:banana:

Linda and I enjoyed Vogal last time, even though we were in the Miata. We did almost loose our storage bag to a bear I chased up into the woods at about 2am, but I got it back with a few tooth marks. Now, we use a car top carrier we strap onto our Time Out Camper and when we get to a camping spot, we strap it on top of the picnic table along with strapping the cooler on the seat. Also, Vogal is a really nice park and cools off nicely in the evenings, given it is on the shady side of the mountain.

Anyway Lewis, we will try to make it if you have it. I know how you feel as I was disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm for Asheville last year, but in the end, we had a really great time and had a lot of really special people show up.

Randy

Yes bears can be an issue at Vogel. Just ask me or Yammer Dan.

But, I'm in. I ain't afraid of no bears.

VOGEL:

It is a Georgia State Park located near Blairsville GA. Takes place on the third weekend of August on odd years. Only second to Don's Maintenance Day on drawing in a crowd of bikers. Even these days it still brings a good crowd ready to enjoy beautiful scenic riding thru the hills of GA, TN, & NC including the famous "Tail of the Dragon". Always great time by all including the local bears.

Edited by Skid

I would like to join the fun too! That's right before my vacation but I live close enough so I don't have to take extra time off.

Hopefully, I'll have my new ride ('87 Venture, stripped down to the bare necessities and powered by a '97 VMAX) built by then, otherwise, I'll ride the '92VR.

St. Jude is such a worthwhile organization. Wish I lived closer to Memphis so I could give them a visit every now and then.

Richard

Just throwing this out there a little early to see if there is enough interest to do another Vogel this coming August. Normally happens on the 3rd weekend in August. Format will be the same as last year. No registration fee, donations for St. Jude will be taken, may have a raffle, will put out bucket for donations for the cookout we normally do on Sat. Hope to see the regulars there!

Lewis I would go again I am in a much better position now.

I just knew you would be the first to respond, and you didn't disappoint me. It wouldn't be the same without you and Leslie. So looks like we will have another one in to chalk up. This will be the 8th Vogel rally and no matter the size of the crowd its always a good time. I will follow up with more info on the park and other things as soon as I can get my committee together. STAY TUNED!!!!!

VOGEL:

It is a Georgia State Park located near Blairsville GA. Takes place on the third weekend of August on odd years. Only second to Don's Maintenance Day on drawing in a crowd of bikers. Even these days it still brings a good crowd ready to enjoy beautiful scenic riding thru the hills of GA, TN, & NC including the famous "Tail of the Dragon". Always great time by all including the local bears.

I would like to join the fun too! That's right before my vacation but I live close enough so I don't have to take extra time off.

Hopefully, I'll have my new ride ('87 Venture, stripped down to the bare necessities and powered by a '97 VMAX) built by then, otherwise, I'll ride the '92VR.

St. Jude is such a worthwhile organization. Wish I lived closer to Memphis so I could give them a visit every now and then.

Richard

I found out something interesting today, I was curious if I had a st Jude nearby I found out that Springfield Mercy hospital has a St Jude's trying to find out more about riding a motorcycle because I'm thinking they have those around here. I will probably have to go by Hideout Harley Davidson to find out more. If I could still ride a bicycle I would do that too.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Mike and I will do our best to come this yr. I don't think we will bring the bike this time. I haven't been able to ride almost since the last Vogel and not sure when I will again. Also we are going to attempt housebuying this year so that might affect our plans, but we would enjoy seeing everyone again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Lewis if you do get this together I know it is the 3rd week of August but I can't remember if it is a whole week or partial week so if you could get the dates out so I can reserve early.

Tom