IGNORED

83 Venture Rebuild/Restoration

• 9 months later...

Well tomorrow will be 6 years since my first post, and the work goes on. Hopefully this will be last time I utter these words, time to get back on this project. Actually I have been working on it, buying a few more parts and working on the plastics.  A lot of time has gone in to getting the plastic parts ready for paint. So here are some random pics from this past weekends work. 

First set of pics is of the plastics ready for paint. I sprayed two coats of Slick Sand, then a guide coat, and then block sanded all the parts. I then sprayed three coats of 2K primer and wet sanded all the parts with 600 grit sand paper. I'm not sure it this is the best method, being a novice painter, but it sure made a nice and smooth surface for the paint. 

rsz_img_4540.jpg

rsz_img_4543.jpg

rsz_img_4544.jpg

rsz_1img_4542.jpg

rsz_1img_4545.jpg

• Like 1

Next I sprayed a silver basecoat, Galaxy Silver, which I think is a GM color. I did a test over the summer where I sprayed a white sealer, a gray primer and a silver color. I then sprayed the final color on the test part and the final color looked much better with the silver base. So that is why I am spraying a silver base coat. Here are some more random pics after the silver is done. 

rsz_img_4546.jpg

rsz_img_4549.jpg

rsz_1img_4550.jpg

rsz_img_4551.jpg

rsz_img_4547.jpg

• Like 1

The final coat is a Chrysler color, Inferno Red. Here's a few pics after basecoat and the clear coat. I still need to do the stripping, so they aren't totally done, but I thought I would share what the overall color is going to be. I will continue to post over the fall and winter, and hopefully finish this project up for spring. Enjoy, and stay tuned. 

rsz_img_4555.jpg

rsz_img_4554.jpg

rsz_img_4553.jpg

rsz_img_4556.jpg

rsz_img_4557.jpg

• Like 3