IGNORED

Dumped my bike and need the paint code and some parts

Gary N.

It's not the first time that I dumped the beast but it's the first time I did any damage. I was in the parking lot at the Little Switzerland restaurant just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Full house, no room to maneuver, uneven ground, and you know the rest of the story. Anyway I was wondering if anyone here has ever come up with a good paint code for the '06 Black Cherry? I know about Color Rite but would rather not go that route if I can avoid it. I will try for a colour match at the local paint supplier if I need too.

I am also looking for a good OEM passing lamp assembly and the left side passenger black cover that goes above the arm rest where the radio controls are.

Also due to a rabbit jumping out of a hat or somewhere, I need the right side lower fairing. Mine now has a big chunk missing out of the bottom of it.

What's the name of the company that use to always have used RSV parts for sale from wrecked bikes? I think they were in Ohio but I'm not sure.

Oh! and I also need a rear shock. Mine started to leak and bounce like a pogo stick after 125000 kms. Will probably go with a Hagon but if someone has a known good OEM for cheap, I might consider that.

Edited by Gary N.

It's not the first time that I dumped the beast but it's the first time I did any damage. I was in the parking lot at the Little Switzerland restaurant just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Full house, no room to maneuver, uneven ground, and you know the rest of the story. Anyway I was wondering if anyone here has ever come up with a good paint code for the '06 Black Cherry? I know about Color Rite but would rather not go that route if I can avoid it. I will try for a colour match at the local paint supplier if I need too.

I am also looking for a good OEM passing lamp assembly and the left side passenger black cover that goes above the arm rest where the radio controls are.

Also due to a rabbit jumping out of a hat or somewhere, I need the right side lower fairing. Mine now has a big chunk missing out of the bottom of it.

What's the name of the company that use to always have used RSV parts for sale from wrecked bikes? I think they were in Ohio but I'm not sure.

Oh! and I also need a rear shock. Mine started to leak and bounce like a pogo stick after 125000 kms. Will probably go with a Hagon but if someone has a known good OEM for cheap, I might consider that.

The fairing can be repaired! The front tire threw a rock into mine and made a hole about the size of a golf ball. I searched for a used one and couldn't find one,then I priced a new one and about sh!t. At that point I started looking into abs repair,there is a lot of info on the "net", but I just went to Lowes and bought some repair in a tube and so far it seems to be holding up well. When I took my fairing off there were some pieces inside and I put them back together like a jigsaw puzzle and used some fiberglass mat for the holes I didn't have the pieces for. Good luck with your repairs and if I can be of any help let me know!

I just had a saddle bag painted black cherry, I got the paint from Finish Master, I may have some extra, or would be willing to get the code sometime tomorrow for you. Let me know.

I'm not sure if your '07 would be the same colour as my '06 or not but if you have the code I could get a sample locally. Thanks.

I'm not sure if your '07 would be the same colour as my '06 or not but if you have the code I could get a sample locally. Thanks.

It was for the 06 that I have for sale in the classified section, I should be Able to get the code this morning and let you know.

20160913_165734.jpg

Edited by DarrinGT

Don't know what you have against Color Rite because I used their black cherry about a month ago and it was a perfect match.

Nothing against them at all. But with the current exchange rate one quart will cost me about $270. They will be a last resort. Or if I can't get a real close match I may go with a complete repaint.

Looks like I am not going to be much help Gary, I went to my buddy's body shop to see if he had the can of paint, well it turns out that the paint he was getting from finish master was not going to be close enough match, so he blended his own paint. So sorry, I am not able to get you a code. I asked him if he was interested in doing it again, He said only if he was spraying it.

Good luck on your quest!

With a bit of digging I have found this Black Cherry paint code that was posted on an old thread by an expired member.

Paint code for '06 Black Cherry

855j light red 30.9

866j red violet 58.1

4530s flop control agent 80.7

805j jet black 93.6

1002s red pearl 97.3

62320f binder 204.8

62330f balancer 221.5

I don't have a clue what it means or what paint company it's for but I'll take it to my local supplier and see if it means anything to them.