IGNORED

Busted screen on laptop

Venturous Randy

Well, I knocked over my TV tray with my Compac laptop on it and it evidently busted the screen. I am looking at getting one off ebay and swapping it out. I just watched a youtube video and it don't look too complicated.

Randy

I did something similar, dropped an almost new and fairly nice point and shoot camera, broke the screen. Found a video on Youtube, watched it, saved it for later and ordered an inexpensive one off Ebay, had to wait a few weeks for it to arrive from China, but it was the correct part, followed the video and it was all good in about 20 minutes. Also been having trouble with an intermittent shift key on my lap top, could not for the life of me figure out what I needed to take apart to get the keyboard out, found a Youtube video on the same model and I had it out in 10 minutes, problem is it is all sealed, so no fixing it, lucky there are two shift keys on the keyboard.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

We replace quite a few screens at work and in most cases its pretty easy. Heres a link to the guys that give us the best service and the best price whenever we check. good luck with your fix up!

http://www.screencountry.com

Brian

Well, I knocked over my TV tray with my Compac laptop on it and it evidently busted the screen. I am looking at getting one off ebay and swapping it out. I just watched a youtube video and it don't look too complicated.

Right now I am on Linda's laptop trying to work thru it. Bummer.

Randy

Well, I got my new screen in and it won't work. Evidently I have a LCD screen and the one I was sent was LED, which is different, but with the Compaq CQ56 I have could be either. I just ordered a new one from Amazon and it was twice the price, but it is supposed to be the right one. Now, I have to go thru the return procedure and that means paying postage both ways.

Randy