IGNORED

Need some opinions

Tartan Terror

I finally came to the conclusion it time to sell my 2003 RSV. Havent rode it in 3 years and just put a bunch of work into it to get it running top notch for a new owner. Problem I have is I put lots of work into it to make it a Firefighter Edition. Looks great but I know things like this sometimes make it harder to sell. I did have one person who is a firefighter say they want it and when I was asked if the 7000 selling price was negotiable it said no. Now with all the accessories on it and theme work. He came to look and they thought he would bargin. Still told him no and he keeps sending ebay ads of other bikes to knock down the price. 1000 less but the bikes have no accessories and would still need to be shipped. I guess he is to dumb to know how much shipping really would be. Anyway my question is should I remove all the goal leaf decal work to make it more appealing to broad market or should I hold on a bit longer?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showproduct.php?product=714&title=2003-royal-star-venture-firefighter-edition&cat=2

You over personalized the bike. By doing this particular theme you narrowed the buying market down to practically nothing. You can put a bunch of ad on's onto a bike, but you do not get near what it cost you back out of it. 7K for a 2003 is a lot of cash. There are 2007's on ebay for less money. If you can get 6k plus the shipping costs from a buyer, you better take it. Cut your loss. It is what it is.

I agree with Rickard.

I like your bike a lot. I think it looks cool.........for a firefighter. And I certainly appreciate your firefighter service. But, I would never buy it with all of that firefighter personalized stuff on it, and red is my favorite color. You narrowed your seller market down to some, not all, firefighters, and a hand full of other folks that might accidentally buy it just for the niche thing. If you really want to sell it, either drop the price, or take all of the firefighter stuff off of it.

BigLenny

Guest Jamsie

you have a much better chance of attracting a buyer if the bike is standard . you can sell the farkles on fleabay for extra cash. many extras do not add value to a bike

You could post it up on E-bay and see what it brings. Do a local pickup, or buyer arranges shipping after payment. It is a niche bike, kind of like the HD First Responder model CVO jobs. Its nice looking and all, but it wouldnt be for me.