IGNORED

Case of the Disappearing Text.

Condor

So.... how many of you have composed an eloquent long reply, or new thread, and had to look something up, left the page, only to come back and all of your brilliant thoughts had disappeared?? OR.... typed a long reply only to go back to the listings and forget to hit the post button?? I just want to know if I'm the only one...??? :bang head:

Edited by Condor

If you lose your text after awhile. It will be saved automatically. Try it.

Type TEST leave and look at something else and when you come back to the reply box. You will see in the gray area "Restore Auto-Saved Content"

Try it you might like it.:banana:

And rather than rely on the auto save feature that works only most of the time. If I need to leave to look something up before I am ready to save, I just hit Ctrl + A (Select All) then Ctrl + C (Copy). When I come back to the post, if my work is gone I just type Ctrl + V (Paste) and it is back.

If you want to use the Auto save feature, If you watch the lower right corner of the typing area you will see a small yellow Window Saying "Auto-Saved" pop up to let you know that the content has bee saved to the Auto Save.

Depending on how you get back to the typing screen, sometimes the restore auto saved content button will not be present in the gray bottom bar of the window. IF it does not appear you may have to go back one more screen and reopen the thread to get that button to appear.

NOT that I have EVER needed any of these features for myself......

And rather than rely on the auto save feature that works only most of the time. If I need to leave to look something up before I am ready to save, I just hit Ctrl + A (Select All) then Ctrl + C (Copy). When I come back to the post, if my work is gone I just type Ctrl + V (Paste) and it is back.

If you want to use the Auto save feature, If you watch the lower right corner of the typing area you will see a small yellow Window Saying "Auto-Saved" pop up to let you know that the content has bee saved to the Auto Save.

Depending on how you get back to the typing screen, sometimes the restore auto saved content button will not be present in the gray bottom bar of the window. IF it does not appear you may have to go back one more screen and reopen the thread to get that button to appear.

NOT that I have EVER needed any of these features for myself......

Me neither. I just knew it ahead of time.:whistling:

If you delete the text by accident then the control Z will usually bring it back. If the text is gone cuz you left the page without hitting the Post button then Control Z will not help but these other methods can.

Generally it is by accident. Seeing as I've come to expect it whenever I have a long dissertation, and being the paranoid sort, I highlight and copy it to the clip board when it even starts to get lengthy....

Generally it is by accident. Seeing as I've come to expect it whenever I have a long dissertation, and being the paranoid sort, I highlight and copy it to the clip board when it even starts to get lengthy....

:whistling:

If you delete the text by accident then the control Z will usually bring it back. If the text is gone cuz you left the page without hitting the Post button then Control Z will not help but these other methods can.
Very good FF. :thumbsup2:

These commands come from WordStar which was the very first commercially successful word processor program released in 1979. They are still very handy today.

Ctrl-Z = undo last command

Ctrl-A = select all

Ctrl-X = cut

Ctrl-C = copy

Ctrl-V = paste

:dancefool: