IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

I have  had the Baggershield fo several years.  I think you are referring to where you are fastening the clear section in the upright position.  The issue is the same in the reverse as when you reverse it to store in the lowered position.. 

I switch mine periodically throughout the season and do it now without much thought or trouble.   I have found that it helps to slide the section over and on to the center stud first.   You can add the plastic nut at this point but loosely.  Then flex it from either the left or right side, whichever you are doing next, and guide it over the next stud. Then follow with the other side.  Installing on the center stud holds it allowing you to  bend or flex the shield.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vzuden said:

I have  had the Baggershield fo several years.  I think you are referring to where you are fastening the clear section in the upright position.  The issue is the same in the reverse as when you reverse it to store in the lowered position.. 

I switch mine periodically throughout the season and do it now without much thought or trouble.   I have found that it helps to slide the section over and on to the center stud first.   You can add the plastic nut at this point but loosely.  Then flex it from either the left or right side, whichever you are doing next, and guide it over the next stud. Then follow with the other side.  Installing on the center stud holds it allowing you to  bend or flex the shield.  Hope this helps!

Yes, this is what I did. I was just surprised it didn’t line up better I guess. 

Stared at it woefully. :95:

Between a major cellulitis infection that resulted in some flesh removal from my leg and time spent 1st on two portable IV units. Then from that I went on to what they call  negative pressure wound therapy which I call attaching a small portable shop vac to my leg then on to cataract surgery in one eye with the other eye due to be done the end of this month I got one ride in, in June.

BTW I would post pictures of the excavation site but I would not want half the membership to recycle their dinner on to their keyboard. Yes they let me take pictures as they worked. It was interesting to watch.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:20 AM, ChiefGunner said:

Well, finishing up putting in a dual camera system with night IR capabilities and wi-if for live streaming rides. The button for still shots was not waterproof so I put it in the right cubbie.

9DBEE0A5-ACC7-4720-ABA8-72C3A57C23D2.jpeg

1CD06D74-411A-435D-A752-79E6F2B73914.jpeg

32D88C92-95F8-454D-BDCB-9D3867E3A7E7.jpeg

UPDATE:  well the camera unit mounted in the trunk contains a “built in” mic, but that doesn’t help much. All I’d get is some engine sound and rear speaker music. Fortunately it had an AV jack for an external microphone.   I did some research and found a small waterproof mic, mounted it in a perfect place “no wind noise” cockpit. The cockpit acts like a reflector to pick up voice comms, some engine sound and of course music. Perfect blend!

Here’s the final results. It’s the black center dot.

I think it looks factory and you’d never notice it unless it was pointed out. Of course now that everything is recorded, I have to watch my “road rage” verbiage! 🤣

CFF3FA8E-5E0E-469E-AB31-2B29FE2A366B.jpeg

4759AFD8-1084-4693-A458-43A941174AF3.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank was half full so I filled it the rest of the way with ethanol free gas...put a half a can of Seafoam in it.   Went for a quick ride to get the Seafoam into the carbs then shut off the fuel valve to let the carbs run out the gas....when she started sputtering I shut her down.   Put her into the climate controlled shed.   (8 X 14 Pump shed has a dehumidifier in it and I keep it heated to 45 degrees)...Both my Ventures live there.   Other bikes stay in the unheated garage / shed.

Put the cover on her, and that should be it until Mid-Winter, when I'll put a charger on it for an hour or so.

• Like 1

Wife n I got in a 100 miler Saturday, left it set Sunday to do a little fishing. Rode into work today to enjoy these cool fall mornings. I’ll ride until early November, put her up for the winter break that we call deer season (16 days) then hopefully find enough warm winter days to keep it exercised. 

• Like 2

I too went for a ride on  Saturday. But only because it's been unseasonably cool for Southern Arizona this time of year! No complaints, jut not used to it.The RSV was a happy scooter!

I keep running the 89. Still waiting on washers from Mom Yamaha for the front forks. When they come in, guess it's time for me to learn how to replace the seals!  Been waiting quite a while...but now I'm getting concerned. It's going to be our camping/riding/sailing season soon. Weather normally cools down the middle of October, like clockwork. Would prefer to be doing those things than working on the scoot.

Such is life...

Edited by videoarizona

6 minutes ago, videoarizona said:

I too went for a ride on  Saturday. But only because it's been unseasonably cool for Southern Arizona this time of year! No complaints, jut not used to it.The RSV was a happy scooter!

I keep running the 89. Still waiting on washers from Mom Yamaha for the front forks. When they come in, guess it's time for me to learn how to replace the seals!  Been waiting quite a while...but now I'm getting concerned. It's going to be our camping/riding/sailing season soon. Weather normally cools down the middle of October, like clockwork. Would prefer to be doing those things than working on the scoot.

Such is life...

David, I did my 1st gen it wasn’t bad. Haven’t had to dive into my 07 yet. Did have the forks off for head bearings, it wasn’t terrible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have removed the original front faring components to bring the weight down on the bike ...I have moved all the relays to under the seat  and installed a Bat Wing  and windshield with smaller version of dash components ..      Because I mounted the coolant recovery directly to side of the bike ..  I am trying to figure out a smaller version of a coolant recovery can for my 83 XVZ1200 ...To make up a smaller version of the recovery tank is easier said then done ..Had some thoughts of making one out of a 3 inch round tube to mount on the side of the bike near the rad . Appearance is something everyone will comment on 

8 hours ago, larrydr said:

I have removed the original front faring components to bring the weight down on the bike ...I have moved all the relays to under the seat  and installed a Bat Wing  and windshield with smaller version of dash components ..      Because I mounted the coolant recovery directly to side of the bike ..  I am trying to figure out a smaller version of a coolant recovery can for my 83 XVZ1200 ...To make up a smaller version of the recovery tank is easier said then done ..Had some thoughts of making one out of a 3 inch round tube to mount on the side of the bike near the rad . Appearance is something everyone will comment on 

I've always loved the look of the Gen 1's.  Can you share photos of your work / changes?

• 2 months later...

Well, I might be jumping the gun a bit but I couldn’t resist.  I have a dear friend here who is the Certified Elite Ceramic Pro dealer for this region.  He’s had my bike for over two weeks doing paint correction and a ceramic coating. The results are stunning!  I get to pick the bike up tomorrow, but have to put things together first.  Afterwards he’s doing a video for his website advertising.

Yes, I’ll share the final video with everything together when done.

• Like 4

On 12/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, ChiefGunner said:

Well, I might be jumping the gun a bit but I couldn’t resist.  I have a dear friend here who is the Certified Elite Ceramic Pro dealer for this region.  He’s had my bike for over two weeks doing paint correction and a ceramic coating. The results are stunning!  I get to pick the bike up tomorrow, but have to put things together first.  Afterwards he’s doing a video for his website advertising.

Yes, I’ll share the final video with everything together when done.

Ok, finished!

Edited by ChiefGunner
  • Like 2