IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the new Clearview XXL windshield I ordered a couple of weeks ago and took it for a 4 hour test ride........it's 1,000% better than the shorty the previous owner stuck on there. Now there is no helmet buffeting until somewhere north of 80 mph and that is very minor compared to what it was.

Compressed IMG_20191223_160836.jpg Compressed IMG_20191223_161901.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After all the rain yesterday and almost all morning, I felt I had to do something. :o Roads finally dried down and so I ran errands on my '07 RSV and rode it for only 10 miles. So glad I got to ride her this afternoon. Also today, I rode the SVTC to work. Plan to wipe them down tomorrow. Ride Safe out there.

Rear tire, rear brake pads. I took it to the dealer to try to convince Yamaha I needed a new rear shock while it is still under warranty (bought new March 2015) before it expired. I really thought with 42,000 miles it would be leaking. I even added a little oil around the bottom of the shock. Yamaha requires a pressure check and it seems to be holding air. Oh well, I still have a couple of weeks. I was told to keep an eye on the pressure then bring it back if it doesn't hold.

Rear tire, rear brake pads. I took it to the dealer to try to convince Yamaha I needed a new rear shock while it is still under warranty (bought new March 2015) before it expired. I really thought with 42,000 miles it would be leaking. I even added a little oil around the bottom of the shock. Yamaha requires a pressure check and it seems to be holding air. Oh well, I still have a couple of weeks. I was told to keep an eye on the pressure then bring it back if it doesn't hold.

They are blowing smoke. Leaking shock will hold air pressure just fine. The oil is for dampening and it will still hold air pressure.

They are blowing smoke. Leaking shock will hold air pressure just fine. The oil is for dampening and it will still hold air pressure.

I agree with Freebird here. I had a dealer approach my RSV shock issue the same way a couple of years ago. Mine was already out of warranty so I replaced it myself after the rubber / sealed area failed a couple of months later. Mine was real clear what was happening by then too. I'd be pushing the dealer hard on the warranty repair.

I agree with Freebird here. I had a dealer approach my RSV shock issue the same way a couple of years ago. Mine was already out of warranty so I replaced it myself after the rubber / sealed area failed a couple of months later. Mine was real clear what was happening by then too. I'd be pushing the dealer hard on the warranty repair.

I found mine leaking oil last fall - 2 weeks after the five year warranty was to have ended. I took it to the local dealer who, after two weeks, said he couldn't get his "rep" to respond, and suggested I call Yamaha customer assistance. I called and got through to a rep right away. She listened to my story - my second Yamaha (first was RSTD), the shock was obviously leaking prior to warranty expiration, and not a single other warranty claim on this bike in five years. She placed me on hold to check with her manager and came back and said no coverage since it was a "wear item". I explained my last bike had the leaking rear shock replaced under warranty during the five years and she said "sorry".

Sorry, Yamaha, last new Yamaha for me.

I found mine leaking oil last fall - 2 weeks after the five year warranty was to have ended. I took it to the local dealer who, after two weeks, said he couldn't get his "rep" to respond, and suggested I call Yamaha customer assistance. I called and got through to a rep right away. She listened to my story - my second Yamaha (first was RSTD), the shock was obviously leaking prior to warranty expiration, and not a single other warranty claim on this bike in five years. She placed me on hold to check with her manager and came back and said no coverage since it was a "wear item". I explained my last bike had the leaking rear shock replaced under warranty during the five years and she said "sorry".

Sorry, Yamaha, last new Yamaha for me.

I am pretty sure the shock is specifically mentioned as covered under warranty. I have read several posts that it was a warranty item.

I'll be sure the air is down and return to the dealer after I call Yamaha.

Thanks guys

• 4 weeks later...

Still probably 6 weeks till first ride here. I have a long gravel driveway that has about 8" of ice on it. Keeps me from riding till all the gravel is swept off the roads. Started some upgrades for this year.

1. Adding a set of 2014 HD mufflers. My stock ones were gutted by PO and are like straight pipes. Too loud at cruising speed. Will fab up new rear brackets next week.

2. Got a TomTom motorcycle GPS for Christmas. Need to decide where it will sit on the bars and where to get power to wire it up.

3. Add some aux power for extra LED accent lights under tank.

4. Swap rear brake pads while bags are off.t

5. Flush rear brakes with new fluid.

Still probably 6 weeks till first ride here. I have a long gravel driveway that has about 8" of ice on it. Keeps me from riding till all the gravel is swept off the roads. Started some upgrades for this year.

1. Adding a set of 2014 HD mufflers. My stock ones were gutted by PO and are like straight pipes. Too loud at cruising speed. Will fab up new rear brackets next week.

2. Got a TomTom motorcycle GPS for Christmas. Need to decide where it will sit on the bars and where to get power to wire it up.

I have a 1/2 mile driveway that about 1/4 mile of it stays icy for a long time. I just put the bike on the trailer, take it to my church parking lot unload and go for ride.

I have a 1/2 mile driveway that about 1/4 mile of it stays icy for a long time. I just put the bike on the trailer, take it to my church parking lot unload and go for ride.

When I was 16 - 17 I only had a Honda CB 200 and then a Yamaha 400 Special II. Since both were tubed tires I had one tire for the winter that a local tire shop put studs in. The guy was, well let's just say skeptical, basically telling me I was nuts. I would stop in every few weeks or so just to give them a laugh. Yes, I was a little nuts ;-)

400 Special II.jpgHonda CB200.jpg

Looks like I'm adding rear brake pads to the list.