IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Ran sum errands only bad thing, I can't put the cover on and it rained before I could make room in garage. So she got a little wet.. Also after the deluge of rain I rode thru yesterday I will say anything under 45 bites. Btw furniture polish makes a great Rainx! a46b67bdb4bce8490f89b63a91fefcc3.jpg

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Man I don't mind dumping cold on myself but I would tame the scalding coffee down that way the worst that will happen is if you dump it you may need to change if ya know what I mean. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] tinker is begging to go somewhere today but doc says a week but I do have goggles sort of there the riding glasses with foam around them to help keep air out. Eye is a little out of focus still but I can see clearly now the rain is gone its gonna be a bright sun shiny day with nothing but blue skies![emoji16] odd thing tho is I can't swim for a month but can take a bath come Thursday morning at 10 a.m. someone explain that.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Thank God for the bath! I don’t mind getting dirty, it’s staying that way which drives me crazy!

Today I had a new Shinko rear tire mounted and balanced at Penn-Ohio Cycles(formerly Youngstown Cycle Supply) in Boardman, OH. They took great care of me and rushed the work as it is fairly long drive for me and a minor emergency on my part. A big thumbs up to them!

Removing the rear tire on The Beast today made me vow to invest in a bike lift before I have to do it again. Oh my aching back!

Got her all back together and installed weather proof bullet connectors to the electrical wiring on the rear skirt. I cant believe anyone would install that skirt without electrical connectors.

The irony to this story is the fact that I bought a HF tire changer and MC attachment Sunday on their Memorial day sale and with a 25% off coupon. I ordered a nylon demount/mounting head but have not received it yet so I haven't set up the tire change station yet. I could have saved $25.00 on the mount and balance.

The bad news is the only tire they had that would fit was a 130, not a 140. She had a 130 on the rear when I bought her so I figured it wouldn't hurt one more time. The good news is, Penn-Ohio's price on the Shinko was only $10.00 more than Dennis Kirk's price and no wait.

Today I had a new Shinko rear tire mounted and balanced at Penn-Ohio Cycles(formerly Youngstown Cycle Supply) in Boardman, OH. They took great care of me and rushed the work as it is fairly long drive for me and a minor emergency on my part. A big thumbs up to them!

Removing the rear tire on The Beast today made me vow to invest in a bike lift before I have to do it again. Oh my aching back!

Got her all back together and installed weather proof bullet connectors to the electrical wiring on the rear skirt. I cant believe anyone would install that skirt without electrical connectors.

The irony to this story is the fact that I bought a HF tire changer and MC attachment Sunday on their Memorial day sale and with a 25% off coupon. I ordered a nylon demount/mounting head but have not received it yet so I haven't set up the tire change station yet. I could have saved $25.00 on the mount and balance.

The bad news is the only tire they had that would fit was a 130, not a 140. She had a 130 on the rear when I bought her so I figured it wouldn't hurt one more time. The good news is, Penn-Ohio's price on the Shinko was only $10.00 more than Dennis Kirk's price and no wait.

How did you take it off? If you take the front wheel off and set it on the forms it hikes that rear wheel way in the air for ya

I pulled the skirt, loosened the mufflers, pulled the caliper then the axle. With the rear tire flat, I just had to cock it a bit of an angle to drag it from under the fender. I had to have some help to reinstall. Me and the boy lifted the rear end a bit and the wife slipped the wheel/tire in under the fender.

Spent this morning washing & detailing the SVTC. Went for a ride for a few hours and even though NO RAIN was forecast, wouldn’t you know it. I got caught in 4 separate downpours on the way Home! GRRRR!!

I so despise when that happens! Now I gotta wipe her all down again.

Spent this morning washing & detailing the SVTC. Went for a ride for a few hours and even though NO RAIN was forecast, wouldn’t you know it. I got caught in 4 separate downpours on the way Home! GRRRR!! I so despise when that happens! Now I gotta wipe her all down again.
I bought my cherry red Triumph Sprint ST right off the showroom floor in Issaquah, lived and rode in the Seattle area for the first 5 years of that bikes life before I fled WA, getting wet and dirty most days. Keeping her clean was a chore, feeling your pain but glad you got to take her out and stretch her legs! A cold wet ride is still better than a warm dry drive.

Spent this morning washing & detailing the SVTC. Went for a ride for a few hours and even though NO RAIN was forecast, wouldn’t you know it. I got caught in 4 separate downpours on the way Home! GRRRR!!

I so despise when that happens! Now I gotta wipe her all down again.

A colleague at work has a $50,000 custom chopper that he would never ride in the rain because it took him a couple of hours to clean it up instead of only a half hour after each ride. I think he only rode it 2 or 3 times a year. Seems like such a waste, from my perspective at least. I ride my $1800 VR pretty much every day all year round. For me, it's not a sport, it's transportation.

Bought 1" risers from a bike dismantlement in town 2 years ago and finally got them put on this weekend with the help of bongobobny & Jayceesfolly at maintenance day. Hopefully this will help my shoulder pain . Adjusted the angle a couple times on the way home and haven't found the right position yet maybe because my shoulders were sore from the ride to Dons. Also a bolt holding saddle bag hinge fell out and got help with that also. Thanks Jay!

Edited by sleepy2
name missing

A colleague at work has a $50,000 custom chopper that he would never ride in the rain because it took him a couple of hours to clean it up instead of only a half hour after each ride. I think he only rode it 2 or 3 times a year. Seems like such a waste, from my perspective at least. I ride my $1800 VR pretty much every day all year round. For me, it's not a sport, it's transportation.

If I didn't ride in the rain, The Beast would never get a bath!

I'm afraid to actually wash her. The plastics might just disintegrate!

If I didn't ride in the rain, The Beast would never get a bath!

I'm afraid to actually wash her. The plastics might just disintegrate!

Wait a minute.... Are you sure you are not me?

Hopefully not but in any case, me too.

• 2 weeks later...

Washed bike and put on some wax MarCarl has been using and kindly lent me some to try.

Put on the driving light extension that Freebird gave me at maintenance day(had to take fairing off so I could extend wires to reach)

While fairing was off I drilled windshield and bolted the three pouches I use so I can see speedometer again--otherwise they droop down.

Also replaced license plate mount as mine was broken from a couple years ago .(got one off e-bay from British Columbia)

I also remounted my set of Harley light and bracket onto stock bracket to have more light.

Rode it.

BUT...first I fixed the helmet. I have a Scorpion EXO 900 and after 6 years the chin bar release gave up the ghost and broke. I managed to find a pull chain extension for a ceiling fan and McGuivered a loop so I could open and close the helmet.

20180620_110427.jpg

Worked great. Wrote to Scorpion and they sent me (under warrantee) a brand new release system. Cool! Now that is customer service!!!

So that went in and now my EXO is ready to rock and roll again. I was so impressed with the company and their helmets, I ordered a EXO 920 to replace the 900 as the life of a helmet is really supposed to be 5 years...which is the warrantee period for Scorpion...

So met up with Gary, owns a 1990 1st gen he's been working on for the past few months, at 5:45 this morning and off we went on a nice 100 plus mile breakfast run!~

We stopped at Patagonia Lake for a relaxing moment...

20180621_072742.jpg

Then on to South River Road in Nogales...a neat little curvy shortcut to Rio Rico...where I introduced Gary to Nickels Diner. My favorite little eating place in southern Arizona..

Love their omelets...stuff them any way you like...one price!

20180621_083550.jpg

So that's what we did today with our Ventures!

:beer::biker:

Nice! That's my kind of engineering! And good on Scorpion for taking care of you, reminds me of a couple of years ago when I contacted Badger to see if parts were still available for a 40 year old airbrush, they had me send it to them and they rebuilt it with all new components in the old body and overnighted it back to me, no charge. Smart business.

This was a few days ago but I finally have time to post.

I took my Venture out on the road for a run. I left Dallas area at 0400 to spend the night east of Fargo, ND, for a 1200 mile 19 hour ride. Then off to Billings, MT, and down to Colorado Springs for the second night and 1100 miles in 18 hours. This was followed by a 900 mile return to home.

So I completed my first Saddle Sore 3000 (3000 miles in under 72 hours). Had to see if this old fart still had it at 69 and a half.

I got home before dark so I washed the bugs off of the front. I washed and waxed it the next day.

This was a few days ago but I finally have time to post.

I took my Venture out on the road for a run. I left Dallas area at 0400 to spend the night east of Fargo, ND, for a 1200 mile 19 hour ride. Then off to Billings, MT, and down to Colorado Springs for the second night and 1100 miles in 18 hours. This was followed by a 900 mile return to home.

So I completed my first Saddle Sore 3000 (3000 miles in under 72 hours). Had to see if this old fart still had it at 69 and a half.

I got home before dark so I washed the bugs off of the front. I washed and waxed it the next day.

A new goal for my bucket list! You're Superman!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk