IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Road it to work... contemplated the consequences of not punching in and just going for a ride instead. Remembered the last time I took a mental health day and how my wife couched me for a few days for not taking her with. Decided to punch in... road it home. 15mi total today. Only about 200 short of what I was hoping.:depressed:

I called the dealer where it has sat on consignment since May and told him, I'm bringing it back home.

Haven't decided it I want to sell it on my own or just ride it (it's paid for, insurance paid for, taxes paid for, gas is cheap).

I enjoy my GW trike (I got for my two up) and my RSTD (local solo), but sure miss the RSV for long road trips on moon light nights. lol

Just got back from STAR Days on my GW. But wife took her car and only rode one short ride (too damn hot for her). So,,, the RSV would have been nice for the 1600 miles I rode.

Today I was trying to remove an engine from a donor bike so I can rebuild and upgrade it with V-max parts to be installed in my Brown 86 Venture Royal. Was sweated my butt off again in the Garage at 112 degrees F....but still very enjoyable...turning wrenches is relaxing for me and a good workout in the heat!

Here is what a Naked 86 venture looks like next to a fully dressed 86. (Viewer Discretion is advised - contains Motorcycle nudity :banana:) Hard to believe they are the same bike (except for the aftermarket Bars and Headlight the previous owner put on it of course)

IMG_5656.jpg IMG_5667.jpgIMG_5655.jpg

Tried clear coating the lower fairing piece but am getting real bad orange peel. YouTube videos say you can sand that out with 1500 then 2000 grit wet sand. I'm gonna see how that turns out before trying the front fairing and trunk lid pieces.

Orange Peel is from lack of flow out of the top coat. Add slower reducer. Do not over reduce the sprayable mixture. Severe Orange Peel is best cut out with 600 grit wet followed by 1500 grit followed by 2000 or 3000 Grit. Buffing compound to use is called micro fine finishing which is a 3M product use a foam pad low-speed buffer 1725 RPM or adjustable low speed.

Orange Peel is from lack of flow out of the top coat. Add slower reducer. Do not over reduce the sprayable mixture. Severe Orange Peel is best cut out with 600 grit wet followed by 1500 grit followed by 2000 or 3000 Grit. Buffing compound to use is called micro fine finishing which is a 3M product use a foam pad low-speed buffer 1725 RPM or adjustable low speed.

Ok, the clear coat products I'm using did not call for a reducer only clear coat at 4 parts and activator at 1 part. Unless when you say reducer your referring to the activator. I've painted a few bikes with modest success but am not a pro. Sounds like you are n. I need all of the help I can get.

I don't have any 600 but I do have 800, 1500, 2000, will that do?IMG_20160724_141112.jpg

Many of your 421 High solids clear coats do not readily reference a reducer additive. I'm not familiar with the product you show. However that being said a generic urethane grade reducer can be added to 10 to 15% by volume to allow better flow out in high temperature humidity conditions. 800 grit paper will work just fine followed up with the finer grits mentioned earlier. Just takes a little bit more elbow grease. In about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water give the water a quick squirt of dishwashing soap, that will act as a lubricant greatly easing your sanding effort. If using a conventional spray gun go about 65 PSI at the air cap, if using HVLP about 10% of that six and a half to 7 PSI is great with a 1.4 millimeter fluid tip. Don't rush the job

Many of your 421 High solids clear coats do not readily reference a reducer additive. I'm not familiar with the product you show. However that being said a generic urethane grade reducer can be added to 10 to 15% by volume to allow better flow out in high temperature humidity conditions. 800 grit paper will work just fine followed up with the finer grits mentioned earlier. Just takes a little bit more elbow grease. In about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water give the water a quick squirt of dishwashing soap, that will act as a lubricant greatly easing your sanding effort. If using a conventional spray gun go about 65 PSI at the air cap, if using HVLP about 10% of that six and a half to 7 PSI is great with a 1.4 millimeter fluid tip. Don't rush the job

Cleaning stator wires, rubber grommets, removing old gaskets off stator & gear covers with Permatex and RTV'g wires. What a fun week end.

It's not pretty, but certainly hope it cures 'the drip'. Should have r' back on the road in a couple of days.

20160724_152635 640.jpg 20160723_163521 640.jpg

Cleaning stator wires, rubber grommets, removing old gaskets off stator & gear covers with Permatex and RTV'g wires. What a fun week end.

It's not pretty, but certainly hope it cures 'the drip'. Should have r' back on the road in a couple of days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106456[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]106457[/ATTACH]

I've had the same problem and got to stop be sliding the grommets out and putting a fine layer of silicone along the edge groove of the grommets before sliding them back into place.

I'm shooting at about 10 psi with a 1.4 tip. It is hot and humid I'm was just trying to follow the mix instructions exactly and it didn't say anything about adding reducer. Would a 4.1.1 mix be right?