IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

200 miles of country lanes yesterday with wife, Beautiful time of year in Wisconsin Amish country. then Oil n Filter, synched carbs chasing excessive backfiring. Pics are the aftermarket 14mm MC and an adjustable lever I fitted to it when the handle was too far from bar for comfortable pull. This was the last step in the FJR caliper SS line front brake upgrade and I'm super happy now.

20170529_110741.jpg

Pic also shows an LED I have on the dash wired positive to an accessory circuit, ground to a front running light HOT wire, this grounds the LED through the bulb when the lights are off so the LED is only lit when the key switch is in accessory position. The audio has been removed so I use accessory to charge mobile devices when stopped. Bulb reminds me to shut the key all the way off when I'm done. I should put an ALARM ARMED label on it..........

getting it ready for a Canadian Rockies trip the end of this month.

Installed Baron V4 logo water pymp and timing hole covers today. Filled the radiator with new coolant and ran the motor til it got hot enough to activate the fan. No leaks [emoji2] yee haa.008825ed4e103d68f1815101bd391c71.jpgddec5c2dd636824c48a2622115b9457a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I stared about three weeks ago checking out a no charge condition. I have only been able to work on it about 30-45 minutes at the time, due to my lower back, hips and the author boys.

My voltage regulator is hard wired in, so I had to go to the stator connector down under the battery and fuel filter to check the stator. It checked out to be shorted to ground. I was hoping I could get the stator cover off without lowering the exhaust pipe, but that was a no go. This afternoon I dropped the exhaust and the cover popped right off. I was looking to see the stator showing signs of over heating, but to the eye it looks perfect. I grabbed my meter and did a recheck. It may look good, but it is shorted to ground. Tomorrow I will try to get the screws out.

I hope I can put it back together faster than I took it apart. LOL

Earl

Spent the last week waiting for parts to come in. Ordered RSTD 2" over stock Venture throttle cables, had 4" over stock Venture clutch line and front brake lines made, and got a used pair of Flanders bars. All went super easy and smooth on the install. Cables and hoses have the right amount of slack, not to much and not to little. Now for the disappointment... my wrist angle makes it extremely painful for me to pull the clutch and brake levers for more than a short ride. So if anyone knows anyone with this on there wish list I will make a hell of a deal.

Installed braided lines and a master cylinder rebuild kit last night. Test rode today and the brakes are soooo much better. 12679f7a1097038e74426005dbfa4ff7.jpgcbd565ea2828143b9c1e06540f8a11ce.jpg

Edited by Davin

Just thought I'd share some pics of my fortnightly ride. Each time I pick my youngest (11 yrs old) daughter up from school on Friday and drop her off on Monday morning, this is what I get to enjoy. We travel through Brisbane city for about an hour of boring motorways until we get out in the countryside to where her school is. It's a three hour round trip for me but I feel like riding on and on every time. The RSV is such a pleasure to ride I am looking forward to doing some real touring soon.54d29ee42f8dd850a39c17b14b633971.jpgff0bb635537f86ca6757cf1fe0dbb32f.jpg5c4f0af89caf419a29b234debe95f2ad.jpg0f6dea8faf85fc0ababe7f1ecd6d1fba.jpg0d3c43e08f5a5dede7c3249ba85ff028.jpgb31fbca9db7ba0d4fc4f46d83d31ff36.jpg

I did some tweaking on the suspension, added some more air to the rear and set the damping down to 1. The front now has no air and I think I am going back to 10W fork oil. Still have to find some old negatives to see if I can get lucky and be able to clean some gunk out of the right fork seal to stop the leak. But it sure rides and handles much better now.

well left mine out all night. Then got up this morning went to the local yama shop and picked up a gasket. It looked more like a hardly shop.:yikes: Forgot where home was ran through a tank of fuel.:think: The corn looks 10inchs high already. But I wasn't driving warp speed. I smell frost.......:snow:

• 2 weeks later...

Things I finished up today

1. Stator is in and now charging system is putting out 14 volts
  2. Got new fuel filter put in
  3. New spark plugs put in
  4. Installed a Dana 3000 ignition box, set it at 7,000 RPM and ignition to level 5
  5. The battery was only two years old, but I went back with a new one.

Tomorrow I plan a good shake down run if the weather cooperates. Next week I plan to take a six day trip to the mountains.

Just thought I'd share some pics of my fortnightly ride. Each time I pick my youngest (11 yrs old) daughter up from school on Friday and drop her off on Monday morning, this is what I get to enjoy. We travel through Brisbane city for about an hour of boring motorways until we get out in the countryside to where her school is. It's a three hour round trip for me but I feel like riding on and on every time. The RSV is such a pleasure to ride I am looking forward to doing some real touring soon.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/54d29ee42f8dd850a39c17b14b633971.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/ff0bb635537f86ca6757cf1fe0dbb32f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/5c4f0af89caf419a29b234debe95f2ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/0f6dea8faf85fc0ababe7f1ecd6d1fba.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/0d3c43e08f5a5dede7c3249ba85ff028.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/b31fbca9db7ba0d4fc4f46d83d31ff36.jpg

Not only are you doing 100kph on a nice road, but you are playing tunes on the cassette! Cool!

I put the fairing back together this morning after letting JB Weld cure a speaker problem on the RSV. Then patted her nose and went inside to clean house. Company coming for daddy's day.