IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

2 weekends ago up on the Pitbull it went. Oil change, check the air filter and a general look see and check 'most' bolts. Then a good bath cleaning of the underbelly of the beast. A lot of road grime now washed down the drive. Then Thursday out for new rubber on the rear. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UK_in_NY said:

I'm trying. Its quite an early bike too. would have been a really nice spec when new. I was a sucker for the gold. :)

More pictures.  I love the early model Gen 1s  I just don't think I would know how to work on it and the dealers her post they will not work on anything older than 10 years. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, bpate4home said:

More pictures.  I love the early model Gen 1s  I just don't think I would know how to work on it and the dealers her post they will not work on anything older than 10 years. 

Sounds good. i'll get some pics up. it is in pieces at the moment!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not today but yesterday Tip and I climbed on Tweeksis and away the 3 of us went!! We went all the way up to Baldwin Michigan (about a 1 1/2 hour ride, took us 3 hours to get there though cause we played on the back roads) and had an ice cream cone at Joneses HOMEMADE ice cream. Waffle cones no less! Tip had "Mango Dole" and I had "Banana Pudding" and Tweeksis ate her fill at a BP Gas Station/a full tank of 87 octane at $4.99 a gallon. Tweeksis's treat cost way more than ours, hows that for "what I did for my Venture today? LOL" I figured this still fits this thread because, in me and Tweeks line of thinking, the kindest, most compationate, best way to show your bike you are doing something special for her is to ride her, Tip even agrees so the Puc home is a happy home. THE END, for now

• Like 3

Took the fairing off, took pictures for the insurance company. Both fairing halves have minor damage, but I’m afraid they’ll want to total it since the inner isn’t available anymore. Add on the windshield, chrome trim, and labor it won’t be cheap. I’ll repair it all myself if it works out right. 

• Sad 3