IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

23 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

Just got a call from shop saying my head bearings need to be replaced(they self center)  $55 for bearings and around 4hrs labor $99per hr.   then called back to agree on replacing bearings and was informed that when removing muffler the pipe fell apart so need a new one. Cost is $1000 + tax and labor and is on BACKORDER. Calling around to see if can find used but no luck so far..Does anyone know if 08 would be the same as 2012 ( I think is the same but recycle shop needs to know)

Parts fiche shows the same number, but then it also shows the same number for either side,,, doesn't make sense to me, thought the left side would be opposite the right side. Shows $589 USD

@MarcarlNot sure which web site you checked but the 3 that I looked at had the part # 4XY-14730-10-00 right(my side) and 4XY-14730-00-00for left side. Price was from $700U.S. to $850U.S.

Bike update:

Starting to piss me off(excuse my french) because I asked them to go ahead with replacing rear tire and I figured they would call me to pick up Wednesday BUT NO they didn't contact me at all OR tell me they would be closed until Monday. Thought they might at-least tell me this so I could find exhaust to finish bike for now. Website said they were open Friday and Saturday but not when I phoned! So now have to wait till Monday.   Not sure now whether to get both sides of exhaust from Recycle in Florida($400U.S.) and wait for shipping or the guy in Brantford ($500Can.) But still waiting for shop to get back to me about their searches.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, sleepy2 said:

@MarcarlNot sure which web site you checked but the 3 that I looked at had the part # 4XY-14730-10-00 right(my side) and 4XY-14730-00-00for left side. Price was from $700U.S. to $850U.S.

Bike update:

Starting to piss me off(excuse my french) because I asked them to go ahead with replacing rear tire and I figured they would call me to pick up Wednesday BUT NO they didn't contact me at all OR tell me they would be closed until Monday. Thought they might at-least tell me this so I could find exhaust to finish bike for now. Website said they were open Friday and Saturday but not when I phoned! So now have to wait till Monday.   Not sure now whether to get both sides of exhaust from Recycle in Florida($400U.S.) and wait for shipping or the guy in Brantford ($500Can.) But still waiting for shop to get back to me about their searches.

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/500459b6f8700209bc793b3a/exhaust

You are right about the numbers, I didn't notice the '1' in the number for the one side.

Brought the RSV home from Phoenix. Yes, I put it on a trailer! Shame on me...right? Nah...when it's 110 degrees, I'm not riding without air conditioning. And no, 130 degree air blasting back at me at 75mph is not AC!

Now that she's in the garage, which is insulated, I can work on her at my leisure. Right now, though, trying to make room for youngest kidlet and boyfriend...coming back into town to get her Master's. Bringing cat and boyfriend. Will stay here until they find a place in Tucson. So won't get much done while I visit with them. But nice to have RSV home!

20210705_085844[1].jpg

• Like 2

Just got bike back from shop  today. New front & rear tires, rear brake rotor & brake pads also new steering head bearings(old bearings had 110,00klms)( rep. was shocked I hadn't replaced bearings before this). Had to replace right side exhaust as muffler broke off from Y pipe(bought used pipes from guy in Brantford Ont.   $500)So when all said and done parts and labor were around $2000Can. Now have to put on bags etc. so I can ride again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

Just got bike back from shop  today. New front & rear tires, rear brake rotor & brake pads also new steering head bearings(old bearings had 110,00klms)( rep. was shocked I hadn't replaced bearings before this). Had to replace right side exhaust as muffler broke off from Y pipe(bought used pipes from guy in Brantford Ont.   $500)So when all said and done parts and labor were around $2000Can. Now have to put on bags etc. so I can ride again.

Nice

14 hours ago, Squidley said:

Had a beautiful 70 degree ride into work, and 15 miles of pouring rain coming home. Life is good God's still sovereign and let me make it home in 1 piece.. thanks Jesus 😁

:sign green with env even if part of it was in the rain. still grounded :95:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest divey

Found some OEM exhaust pipes that were in excellent condition and installed them.  The pipes that were on there were a tad noisy for my liking and now she sounds like a Venture should.  Also did a carb tune.  

• 2 weeks later...

Changed spark plugs, put new air filters in, changed the oil and repaired the two little bottom tabs that hold the bottom of the fairing halves in place.   All that's left is a good cleanup to make her shine and I"m ready for the annual ride up to the cabin with friends.:cool10:

New bike. At least it feels like it. I replaced the front rotors (warped one last time I installed a tire when it shot out of the bead breaker), new whoa pads on both ends, flushed the iced tea out of both brake systems, and the hot chocolate out of the clutch hydraulics. Ashamed I let the fluids go this long. Changed the oil and monkeyed with tire pressure a little, and installed the radiator guard that came from Ky Bigmac’s wife. Now I just need to clean it up before I head out to Vogel. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChiefGunner said:

Well, finishing up putting in a dual camera system with night IR capabilities and wi-if for live streaming rides. The button for still shots was not waterproof so I put it in the right cubbie.

Whoa!  That's freaking awesome!!!!

• Thanks 1

Gave my '07 RSV an oil change and also changed the gear oil then went for a ride with no destination whatsoever.  Along the way, picked up a dozen sweet corn from a farmer and couldn't wait to get home to eat it.  Ride Safe All.  

• Like 2

Wasn't on either of my Ventures, but I DID coat the inside of the fuel tank on my 85 Honda CB700sc (Nighthawk S) with POR tank sealer, so I can finally get it back on the road...just in time to go for a quick ride or two before putting it away again.   Non ethanol fuel and Seafoam.....I'll run the carbs dry.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got Black Cherry cleaned up after the recent trip to camp.   Road down to cabin is REALLY bad, meaning that I had to do some mud running to get to / from cabin.  

Washed, waxed,  half a can of Sea Foam in the tank, and ran most of the gas out of the carbs, covered, then put into climate controlled storage.   (Pump shed has heat and a dehumidifier running)

Gonna try to get out a couple of times again this year, but life sometimes gets in the way, so I figured I'd better have her prepared for a long rest.

Venture 1.jpg

Venture 2.jpg

Edited by uncledj
  • Like 1