IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Cleaned up bike Saturday and put on a coat of F11 I purchased last fall. Sunday Went for a 250klm ride along Lake Erie road from Port Dover Ont. to Long Point Ont. Then home.

Seen about 40 high end cars on a tour of the windy road I was also on. There were Corvette's new and old - Porches - Lamborghini - Ferrari - and a few I had no idea what they were.

Very nice scenery. You have nature and exotic cars. Those high end cars are for sure fun to see on the road. During Pre-Covid times, we went to Pittsburgh and it happened to be a meet and greet thing for car enthusiasts at one of their popular big malls. One section of the parking lot was filled with Lambos and Porches and Ferraris...you name it they were there. It was my only chance to be up close and personal for a machine I’ll never own in my lifetime. LoL

Btw, I simply gave my RSV and complete wipe down. Looking forward to ride after today’s rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, BlueChips84 said:

Now that the weather is looking pretty consistently cold, I have the RSTD jacked up to start work on torqueing the head bolts. Hopefully this stops my oil leak.

On the plus side, I'm hoping to get my 9yo son involved to get some father son time in!

I hope you have the nomenclature wrong, and are really meaning the valve cover bolts. If the head bolts are loose enough to cause an oil leak, you gots bigger problems. Now the valve cover bolts are a shoulder bolt, so they only got to: tight, you can't snug them up any more than tight or you will snap them off, so be careful.

35 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

I hope you have the nomenclature wrong, and are really meaning the valve cover bolts. If the head bolts are loose enough to cause an oil leak, you gots bigger problems. Now the valve cover bolts are a shoulder bolt, so they only got to: tight, you can't snug them up any more than tight or you will snap them off, so be careful.

Sadly, I am not talking about the valve cover bolts. This one particular year has a recall for head bolt torque being too low. Unfortunately it expired in 2017, so now it time for brain surgery on her. Worst part will be pulling the cams to get to the bolts and then re timing everything. 

So far, no other issues other than some oil weeping from the head gaskets. No oil in coolant or vise versa, although I will drain and replace both over the winter. 

Only had the bike a few months, love the power and comfort. Was thinking of selling it after trying out the cruiser thing but each time I posted, I pulled it down as I realized I liked her too much to let go yet! 

Oh, and to add: I'm  a machinist and maintenance tech, so well aware of the value of a torque wrench😁👍.

Edited by BlueChips84

13 minutes ago, BlueChips84 said:

Sadly, I am not talking about the valve cover bolts. This one particular year has a recall for head bolt torque being too low. Unfortunately it expired in 2017, so now it time for brain surgery on her. Worst part will be pulling the cams to get to the bolts and then re timing everything. 

So far, no other issues other than some oil weeping from the head gaskets. No oil in coolant or vise versa, although I will drain and replace both over the winter. 

Only had the bike a few months, love the power and comfort. Was thinking of selling it after trying out the cruiser thing but each time I posted, I pulled it down as I realized I liked her too much to let go yet! 

Oh, and to add: I'm  a machinist and maintenance tech, so well aware of the value of a torque wrench😁👍.

Super,,, save landings!! But if you need help, we've been know to offer suggestions.

put a new blue tooth receiver on the bike it is small but very good. i actually y'd the connection form the cassette deck and have both the blue tooth and my ipod for music choices. also installed a roam dock for my phone.

here is what I purchased: Bluetooth Receiver, Oliomp Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Car Adapter & Bluetooth Car Aux Adapter, Receiver with Clips Design 3.5mm Stereo Output for Home Audio/Car System, Car Audio Stereo System(Black)

IMG_20201120_152343.jpg

IMG_20201120_152353.jpg

IMG_20201120_152412.jpg

• Like 1

Here's my list since buying the bike in Sept:

1. Cassette delete and turn it into a storage cubby.
  2. CB delete.
  3. Moved the radio antenna from right side to left side & replaced the whip antenna w/ a shorty (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K50HAI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
  4. Hardwired a bluetooth receiver in behind the fairing, tapping into the 12v port wiring and then the cassette aux jack (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Stereo-Truck-Home-Add-on-3-5mm-Input-Audio-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adaptor-12V/331841419661?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)
  5. Mounted a phone holder/charger on handlebar, also tapped into 12v port (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Cell-Phone-Handlebar-Mount-Holder-USB-Charger-with-Switch/192956706728?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=493147868608&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)
  6. Got super, duper lucky and found a NOS Yamaha touring saddle (Corbin) on Ebay from a Canadian Yama dealer.  Total cost was $350 including shipping!!!!
  7. Replaced the aftermarket toe shifter, the PO put on, with a stock heel/toe shifter.
  8. Replaced aftermarket grips w/ stock, including weights.
  9. Removed the chrome radiator grill PO put on.
  10. Moved the trunk back.
  11. Removed the tank mount for headset cable and for now the cable is tucked up inside the fairing.  Will remove it next time I have the fairing off.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, videoarizona said:

Patted the 89 on the tank...then put some air in the tires. Going to start her up now for her warm up. As soon as things slow down (and I'm retired???), I hope to get into the front shocks so I can ride her again!

You should not have retired!!!!!!!! Weren't you told that by a great number of experienced out-of-workers.

You should have listened more closer.

• Haha 1