IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Rolled the odometer over 100,000 mi. on my way to work this morning.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119628

According to the PO, who is the original owner, the valves have never been adjusted and she purrs!

Yeah that was A great feeling when I did that on My '06. Sold it 8000 miles later to buy the 2018.

Need suggestions on where to mount the antenna for my new Siriusxm radio I bought when I renewed Phantom's system in her new car. Should it go under front fairing or at rear by antenna? Got it because it was getting boring having to listen to the same stuff repeated over and over when out for rides and traveling thru the states and having to keep changing channels all the time.

Well, I can only take credit for 2500 of those miles. I've only owned her for a couple months.

I bought mine a year ago next month with 26,000 on the clock. My previous bike was a Vulcan 2000 that I bought new in '06 and put 40,000 miles on it in the two years I had it. Difference is, the Vulcan was my primary transportation to and from work (100 miles a day round trip, 5 days a week) in addition to riding for pleasure on the weekends. My RSV was bought purely as a toy. My wife and I took a 1,000 mile 5 day trip on it soon after purchasing it. Will likely do another one when the weather cools off. My bike is much better equipped now than it was last year......even has a trailer hitch and trailer now. That means my wife will pack a lot more..... :sign67:

I bought mine a year ago next month with 26,000 on the clock. My previous bike was a Vulcan 2000 that I bought new in '06 and put 40,000 miles on it in the two years I had it. Difference is, the Vulcan was my primary transportation to and from work (100 miles a day round trip, 5 days a week) in addition to riding for pleasure on the weekends. My RSV was bought purely as a toy. My wife and I took a 1,000 mile 5 day trip on it soon after purchasing it. Will likely do another one when the weather cools off. My bike is much better equipped now than it was last year......even has a trailer hitch and trailer now. That means my wife will pack a lot more..... :sign67:

Ride'm like you stole'm. I used mine as a daily commuter also after buying it with about 30,000 miles on it in late 2012. I added the extra 78,000 in just over 6 years. With the exception of 2020 impacts I've averaged about 14K per year on my bikes. Again mostly as a daily commuter riding between 60 - 80 miles round trip. Add to that the fact I only have 1 bike, live in Houston which makes riding year round a breeze and try to ride an additional 500 - 1000 miles at least 1 weekend a month and it becomes easy to do. I only put 3400 miles on my truck in 2019. Love the Venture line.

Need suggestions on where to mount the antenna for my new Siriusxm radio I bought when I renewed Phantom's system in her new car. Should it go under front fairing or at rear by antenna? Got it because it was getting boring having to listen to the same stuff repeated over and over when out for rides and traveling thru the states and having to keep changing channels all the time.

The location might depend on the type of antenna supplied with your radio. If you have one of the flat stick-on types you might consider this idea.... a buddy of mine has a 2003 Midnight RSV. He made a small bracket to mount his antenna on the right bar near the Brake Reservoir. Not sure if he used a separate bar clamp or worked with some existing screw/bolt. It's in a nice location, signal wise, as it's got nothing but air above it. Some antennas work buried under body panels, and while that is obviously a more secure installation...out of sight out of mind etc...the antenna may not be able to "see" clearly. I tried a couple of those stick on dash-mount antennas over the years in various KW's I lived in, and there were some dead spots depending on exactly where on the dash the antenna was, and which direction I was driving. I eventually went to an external stick antenna and had a clear signal with no directional issues. That stick might be a bit tough to attach to a bike, but who knows.

Ride'm like you stole'm. I used mine as a daily commuter also after buying it with about 30,000 miles on it in late 2012. I added the extra 78,000 in just over 6 years. With the exception of 2020 impacts I've averaged about 14K per year on my bikes. Again mostly as a daily commuter riding between 60 - 80 miles round trip. Add to that the fact I only have 1 bike, live in Houston which makes riding year round a breeze and try to ride an additional 500 - 1000 miles at least 1 weekend a month and it becomes easy to do. I only put 3400 miles on my truck in 2019. Love the Venture line.

Back when I had my Vulcan I had an office to go to every day. With my current job I work out of my house and travel across the country 5 days a week......or at least I did until March. Right now my daily commute involves walking from my bedroom at one end of the house to my office at the other end of the house. Looks like we will be back to limited travel soon, then my commute will involve driving to and from the airport. So, my RSV only gets ridden for fun and when it is as hot and rainy as it has been lately....well, that limits the fun.

Made a temporary mount from an old 8-track mount and mountred it behind clutch master and infront of speaker. Not blocking any part of gauges plus put magnetic antenna on right handlebar behind brake master. Seems to be alright will se after I go for test ride later on. Will be able to switch between bike and truck by removing nut. Will make better mount over winter. Might check on e-bay to see if I can get another mount and antenna for truck mounting.

Rode the Highwood Pass - Kananaskis Trail loop from Calgary again today. If you live near or visit, this is probably the best day ride in Southern Alberta. The two main parts are Hwy 40 through what we call K-Country, and 541 along the Highwood River and into Longview. It's normally ridden by heading West out of Calgary on 1, then South on 40 and East on 541, back to 2 at the South end of Calgary.

Being the 'other kind', I ride it in reverse.

September is the BEST month of the year; best weather, least traffic. It's probably that way near your place too?

I'm not much for stopping to snap pics, but it's about 300Km of mostly this: winding mountain roads, nothing too tight, speed limit of 90-100Km/h, which is easy to maintain unless it's summer, at which time part of the loop will be infested with rented RV's doing 30 under and dragging gravel into the lane on every right-hander. From Calgary this route gains about 3600' of elevation (reaching 7200'ish at the top of Highwood Pass.) This route is only open from June 15 to December 1 yearly.

50332058112_e3ca886790_z.jpg

Had 4 near collisions; 1 with a yearling calf (cattle are free-ranged in parts of the park - lots of Texas gates across the highway), TWO with Bighorn Sheep (part of this loop traverses the Sheep River Provincial Park) which are ALL OVER this road at this time of year, and one with some clown in a Mazda who changed her mind 3 times about whether she was going to turn left in front of me to get to a trailhead parking area. When I say near collisions, I should clarify that none made my palms sweat. I saw them all coming with plenty of seconds to respond. I was almost finished my ride before it hit me... hunting season started this week, and the hills are crawling with hunters, so the animals are upset, and there's a 400m No Hunting zone on either side of the road allowance. Happens every year. No excuse for the Mazda though.

I'm going to push my luck until the snow flies, but then Cherry is going to get a major tear-down. She needs a tune-up and valve check/adjust, but there are a number of other issues I want to dig into (primarily the fact that chubby girls like her ALWAYS skip leg day - the suspension really needs improving on this motorcycle). I also think that my fuel pump isn't working anymore. I never hear it clicking like it used to prior to startup, and she's a little reluctant to start for a couple of seconds, almost like the bowls aren't full? I've never had a bike with a fuel pump before, so I assume this one will run without? The bowls should gravity fill, and of course carbs function on vacuum, right?

I think I will start a new thread about the work when the time comes, but that was today.

I got my bike covered in dead bugs. You?

Minor edit to add: if you love fishing, both the Sheep and Highwood rivers are full of HUGE trout, including Bull Trout that run to about 15lbs - that's a mountain trout the size of a decent salmon... Check the regs if you're going to go, but it's world class trout fishing.

Edited by SilveradoCA

Rolled the odometer over 100,000 mi. on my way to work this morning.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119628

According to the PO, who is the original owner, the valves have never been adjusted and she purrs!

Congrats on reaching the 100,00 milestone. :bowdown:

I have 60,000 miles on my '07 and still riding it back and forth to work as much as I can. I am the original owner and have never adjusted my valves. These bikes just run solid. Simply rode to and from work today.

just rode a hunert miles, after new tires a set of progressive fork springs and the compressor board resolder that's ALL i've done since I bought it from the widder lady, ride it. Only 3K miles by me 42K total, and there's a winter list but nothing atrocious.

Oh I did unbend and adjust the handlebars an improvement for sure but maybe one more position tweak to be done yet.

Sure would like to go to floorboards.

Didn’t happen today but sold my venture a few months ago after the wife got her can-am and motorcycle endorsement. Wouldn’t have parted with it but I got a great deal of $ for her. After riding together, on separate bikes now, we realized how much we missed two up riding. Took half of what I got for the venture and bought this garage queen 1995 goldwing gl1500se. I will always have a place in my heart and garage for the venture but now it’s time for someone else to experience her greatness.

C137B0C8-C3A6-4312-BA03-A4CE09E54AB6.jpg

This will be my second goldwing in my 26 years riding. As far as comparing them, the both have there pros and cons.

That's really um comprehensive? LOL

I've had about 7 ventures of all gens and only one wing, it was a brand new 75 with no motor! went on to a collector as an organ donor.

Went on a group memorial ride yesterday, got in 150 miles two up and got to try out the new FJR final drive with a new Nexen rear tire. We made the first 30-40 miles with the group before I had to split off and do our own thing for a while. We rode the West Tn dragon 3 times (39 miles in all) and rejoined the group. As with most rides around here the HD snobbery was pretty heavy, they left me alone but put down a 1st gen 87 Blonde for being slow. You should’ve seen the looks I got when told them that if that bike is running right there wasn’t one in the group that could keep up to it.