IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

You think this place is bad?

Don't take the dive down the espresso rabbit hole! There's folks on them thar forums that don't blink at the thought of paying $3000.00 to get in line and wait 6 months to get an espresso grinder that is going to be out of date 4 months later.

There a couple pictures of home espresso bars with $15,000.00 in grinders and espresso machines and they are talking about upgrading!

You think this place is bad?

Don't take the dive down the espresso rabbit hole! There's folks on them thar forums that don't blink at the thought of paying $3000.00 to get in line and wait 6 months to get an espresso grinder that is going to be out of date 4 months later.

There a couple pictures of home espresso bars with $15,000.00 in grinders and espresso machines and they are talking about upgrading!

I get coffee at a local gas station for a whopping 40 cents a cup.

How does it work other than just pump water through the vest? How does it cool? The water will get hot after a while if there is nothing to cool it.

Not just water.....ice water. On a long ride on a hot day if you run out of cooling the fix is as close as the nearest store that sells ice.

Got this from a widder lady, the shortest easiest wake up drill EVER. Now have about 2K miles on including a great camping trip to the UP, biggest upgrades, work; LED headlight, removed radio to make room for a "glove box", resoldered air suspension controller board, RAM mount for 396 Garmin. new tires 777HD rear, random Shinko rear I had on the front. Got rid of the big floor boards on the crash bars put on on smaller pegs that won't dig in on corners, cleaning grime from underside. new windshield, Spent more time digging wax residue out of emblem crevices than anything else. :cool10:

signal-2020-06-26-093344.jpg

Hi every one I am a JImmer a newbie to the site..Very interesting site. I went cruising this morning and noticed that my signals cancel too early sometimes even before I make the turn, this could be dangerous for me if I do not notice. Does anyone have any suggestions, is the time delay for cancelling adjustable?. I hope I have the correct forum site to be asking.

Put Progressive fork springs in, no spacers. Changed fork oil. Old oil made a pretty metallic swirl in the pan. :no-no-no: Changed handlebar position long as it was all apart. Up and forward not perfect but prolly better. Bike is sitting much higher, side stand stance isn't dangerously upright now. Ride seems fine even at zero air pressure in fork. Anti-dive still plugged in gotta play with that one O these daze.

Edited by gggGary

STOP THE PRESSES!

Head Line:

"luvmy40 washes and waxes his RSV!"

I have never waxed a motorcycle in my life. As a matter of fact, I rarely wash them.

This Black Cherry '06 is just too beautiful to let her sit all bugged up and grimy.

My oh my,, the whole world really has gone stone cold crazy:doh:... Next thing you know Rich will be seen at the local Yam Shop ordering bling and other fancy things... :stickpoke:

Well where to start. I have 3 '86 Ventures engine worked in one, transmission in the other sooooo...., pulled both engines, swapped the tranny gears of one engine from the bad engine to the good engine (obviously), and started to put it back together.

Now I did not do this by myself, I have a big shout out to MarCarl and Saddlebum, these guys are amazing, who have been teaching me about the engine and how to do what we are doing. I never would have attempted to do this by myself but with their help I am learning a great deal about how it all works.

I had a week off to work on this project but now it is back to work and fitting the project in as I can. I hope to be back up and riding soon.

Will keep information up to date as we are working on it.

Installed a Bikers Choice electronic tach. 2.5 inch case...slightly larger bezel. Mounted on Right Side handlebar just in front of the brake reservoir using the supplied clamp. Easy installation..1 wire to Positive side of Coil (right front coil behind radiator filler), 1 wire to ground (mounting bolt for coil), Ignition and Light wires joined together and hooked to extra Hot lead on Ignition Bypass rig installed just over 2 years ago..thanks to Dion Hinskey for that rig.

Approx 1.5 hrs install time, including sitting beside the bike trying to decide where to mount the tach. I had planned to use the supplied mounting plate and bolt it to the right side screw holding down the plastic gas tank cover, but wanted to have the tach a bit more in line-of-sight.

Tach needle is virtually rock solid...very slight bounce at idle but clean after that. I don't have a shop tach to compare it to for accuracy, but judging by the "Virtual Venture Tachometer" I found a cpl of years back it seems to be close.

Next project is to install the VMax geared RSV final drive, bought from John Furbur at BRMSportmax, once it arrives. (Thanks to members here who pointed me in that direction) Bit more of a challenge these days getting parts from Down South. Used to ride down to Pembina, ND to pick them up from a mail drop there. It's only an hour & a half ride from my house and a good excuse for a ride.

This

venture bars.jpg

A generous member donated an extra set of bars several years ago, finally got around to using them.

Straightened the bend "quite a bit" with oxy-acetylene and shortened them 2 1/2". Took a couple times to get them adjusted where I was happiest but much better now!

Also removed the lead weights, so far that's just fine.

Grips are Siligrips my favorites!

Also snagged a used Barnett clutch conversion and a new gasket off fleabay. She would only slip at hard throttle above 4500 RPM but I do that sometimes. :thumbsup2:

Edited by gggGary