IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

new bars, new tire and new headlight. Next is to finish the wiring that is the bane of my build. and install a mirror and a speed-o

Hey ya Redneck,, :welcome::welcome1::2YELLOW::group cheers:!!!

LOVE what you got happening there!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:scared::scared:,, that seat :scared::scared:,, I am not much of a bling-a-ding but WOWZY :scared:,, now thats an eye catcher!! Let me try some guessing,,, Python?? Diamond Back? Gator?? BEAUTIFUL what ever it is!!:thumbsup:

Also diggin :thumbsup: where you went with the clip-ons/front end!! Color almost looks,, John Deere Green??? I can be sort of a smarty pants (my :stirthepot: gets me in trouble alot too,, please dont take this as any form of a put down!! Just pure bike builder to bike builder :witch_brew:) so please take this in the spirit I state it in,, did you by chance paint your broom handle in the process of painting your scoot :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::happy34:?? I do stuff like that :detective:..

You looking for advice/ideas or just wanting to share your work? Either way is fine around here.. Just asking cause I see a couple things that may or may not mean squat to you... Got a FINE project going there brother,, keep up the good work!!

Puc

Been feeling too guilty to ride during the shutdown. Leaving the wife and daughter sitting home bored seems wrong, taking the wife and leaving the daughter alone is worse. They went to town yesterday to do some schoolwork so I jumped on and ran the Trace through Land Between the Lakes and had a blast. I stumbled on a lady traveling from S Cali to Vermont in a small truck pulling a 5th wheel camper who couldn’t find a place to park the camper for a few days for some R&R and was having trouble with her Honda generator to boot. I helped her with the generator and a Park Ranger found her a camp spot so it wasn’t wasted time. That got me behind in getting home so now I’m in the doghouse for riding without the marm on the pillion.

No leisure riding for me for the past month and a half. I get to ride to and from work and my wife is perfectly fine with it. Today - rode to work and will do so for the next couple of days.

Ride Safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a carb sync yesterday. One carb was way high on the sync-pro. It could have been the right rear as I found that plug loose when I changed the plugs over the weekend. I forgot how much fun that is on a second Gen.

I need to do the rear gear oil next. Anyone know how much 80w goes in the rear pot?

I am going to change brake fluid front and rear as well. I did the clutch fluid last year. I have a gasket on order to install my Barnett pressure plate I bought from someone here like two years ago and have never gotten around to it.

This is the first time in 6 or 8 years I have de-plated my Venture so I am forced to ride something else and work on it. I am a 12 month a year rider.

Stay safe out there.

I changed out the coolant and fired it up for the first time, this year. It started and ran as if I rode yesterday. Checked all the fluids, the tires and controls, then took it out for a quick 40 miles. It's nice to finally get a break from work to relax a little. A little warmer in the mornings and I will start riding to work. That will give me 110 miles of smiles a day.

well I figured out I'm one of those p.o. :doh: Replaced the fuel pump points a while back. They wern't very loud so I just assumed they were different. :think: Riding a few late days last year man those lights are not that bright.:doh: Well replaced the battery yesterday and charged it over night. Flipped the switch and man that fuel pump is loud also lights are very bright. :thumbsup2: I need to reset the carbs been a very long time sense they been adjusted. :scared: I'm pretty sure it was at maint day at dons. I think that was around 5 years ago. :smile5: BAD rod knotty knotty me. Dont hate me just not paying attention is my excuse.......

Well yesterday i took Tinker out for a Test run, I sold her a while back and the guy was saying the clutch was slipping, the dash and false tank cover flew off on him. So last week I replaced all the plastics that was on her and switched out the saddle bags also. Still love the smoothness of my recliner with 2 wheels is. I had also bought a 2019 Harley Heritage on March 5th, I was really looking for an Eluder but was told they weren't getting those in and IF I wanted the Venture I had to order it without ever getting to try it out first. They had another bike I liked to but they don't allow test rides period. Not sure what kind of dealer that don't allow a person to go on a test ride but this one sure don't. So I did try to get financed they turned me down with no explanation. But was approved for there 2019 Chevy diesel truck for 3 times as much almost. So I went to get a piece to my ram mount for the venture out at harley and was Eye Balling a Fat Boy. So guy goes well lets see where your at. He comes out while I was looking at another bike and told me I was approved! I tripped over Ruby's front tire because I was literally in shock. I ended up going with the Heritage. I had been working alot at Sonic and didn't feel like being an essential worker on minimum wage during this Pandemic. We had more business after the lock down was announced, not to mention they started a special on kids meals to bring in more customers! We had 24 stalls and drive thru plus a patio... I just didn't feel it was worth the risk they weren't taken any precautions at all. I didn't quit but just had my hours reduced to try and get on some where else. I started working nights for a company that bottles the Almond Milk, Protein shakes, Starbucks coffee and a few other things. So really haven't had much time to get on here. Anyways Tinker is one happy camper right now. I still have the other 83 that I bought with me deductible check I got back. But If you all remember I bought a TCI box different from the ones you all got. Needless to say I can definately tell between the 2 bikes, so can the guy that has Riva at the moment while I was working on Tinker. Will say the seat and rider position is very comfy on these bikes, I have people wanting to by Riva but honestly I really like the MK1's. I had an 87 for a short time I sold it to a guy who has another bike with a trike kit on it. But I could tell the difference between the 83 and the 87, I did like all the creature comforts of the 87 but I would rather ride my 83. So hope you all out there are staying well during this Covid 19 stuff is going around, I honestly think I already had it back in February. I could not get motivated for nothing sicker then a dog and felt like I got my butt beat by Bruce Lee! But if it wasn't the Covid I don't want to know it could do to me. So its been a busy season this far. Hopefully they get stuff opened up soon and this stuff goes away so maybe we can be able to get out and ride more. I feel bad for ol Pucster tho I hear his Governor is going a little too far.

After spending most of Saturday replacing the stator on Mark's Ultra (primary case had a ridge so we couldn't simply take off the stator...we had to take apart the inner primary case too. Ugh. But it got done and no leaks!

So Sunday morning we met at 7am and took off for 3 hours looping around northern Phoenix area. Nice ride.

Putting her back together...

20200502_091246.jpg

Breakfast...such as it was...

20200503_082219.jpg

Felt very good to be back in the saddle...if only for a few hours. Way to hot here in AZ for this time of year!!

:beer:

:biker:

• 2 weeks later...

I got the chance to change oil and its final drive oil on my '07 the other day. It has been sitting in the garage for 2 months since I've been using the SVTC a lot lately just riding to a from work. It turned out to be a little bit of a learning curve after getting off the SVTC and back to the RSV, but I am so glad to take her out with me to work and she knows that I have not forgotten her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...with the ride to Washington DC cancelled this year...everyone has been asked to ride at least 22 miles in memory of our Vets.

Mark on his HD Ultra, and I on my RSV put almost 100 miles on yesterday. Passed many guys and gals riding....lots of bikes out.

Hope most of you got a chance to get out and ride....

And for once....no pictures from me! Aren't you happy???!!

LOL!

:beer:

:biker:

Had a long dance with the Burgundy Lady. Cleaned up a leaking coolant plug and re sealed the system. Removed the front cam cover to inspect the cam and valve shims. removed the carbs need to kit one and change out the needle seat and set the float..

Got my headlight switch soldered back together on Sunday, and yesterday I bled the clutch; the fluid was low and dirty, and the clutch was engaging almost immediately when releasing the lever from full retraction. I ran enough fluid through it that clean clear fluid was coming out the tube before I stopped. Feels much better now.

Questions: can you guys always pull your clutch lever all the way to the bar? And... when the fluid gets low, where has it gone? Is it leaking from the slave cylinder into the trans? It's not leaking externally... How does it get dirty in a sealed system?

Got my headlight switch soldered back together on Sunday, and yesterday I bled the clutch; the fluid was low and dirty, and the clutch was engaging almost immediately when releasing the lever from full retraction. I ran enough fluid through it that clean clear fluid was coming out the tube before I stopped. Feels much better now.

Questions: can you guys always pull your clutch lever all the way to the bar? And... when the fluid gets low, where has it gone? Is it leaking from the slave cylinder into the trans? It's not leaking externally... How does it get dirty in a sealed system?

You may want to start a new thread on this, but; Yes I have always been able to pull my clutch lever all the way back to the grip on every hydraulic chutch I've ever run.

Yes, the slave seal starts leaking into the case when it goes.

Break fluid slowly eats the hose liners which is whay it is reccomended to flush your hydraulic systems every two years and replace the lines periodically.

Brake fluid absorbs water or moisture from the humidity in the air by its nature. If left alone, the water will boil in extreme heat as when braking hard leading to reduced effectiveness. Front and rear brakes and clutch should be changed out every couple of years. I do all three at the same interval every two years

You may want to start a new thread on this, but; Yes I have always been able to pull my clutch lever all the way back to the grip on every hydraulic chutch I've ever run.

Yes, the slave seal starts leaking into the case when it goes.

Break fluid slowly eats the hose liners which is whay it is reccomended to flush your hydraulic systems every two years and replace the lines periodically.

Brake fluid absorbs water or moisture from the humidity in the air by its nature. If left alone, the water will boil in extreme heat as when braking hard leading to reduced effectiveness. Front and rear brakes and clutch should be changed out every couple of years. I do all three at the same interval every two years

Gracias, eh.

I mean to replace the front brakes with upgraded calipers/rotors/MC from a Road Star this year, along with a bunch of other work (I'll start a thread on all of it); I hadn't intended to get into the bottom end or trans, but would you say this indicates that I need new seals somewhere down there? Or is rebuilding a slave(release) cylinder a thing? I've rebuilt a master cylinder once before, on an old van.

I think I might flush the brakes right away though, now that you fellas mention it.