IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

In preparation for our trip. In the last week replaced plugs, synchronized carbs, new elite 4 rear tire and pads. Tuned up clutch with skydocs kit, put in bypass ignition relay switch, and topped off oil, checked final drive oil. Packing tomorrow, leaving crack of dawn Tuesday for the tail of the dragon. First overnight stop is probably effingham I'll. Hopefully the weather will hold and we can get some good pics for you all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I started mine, ran a bottle of sea foam as recommended by some members, still sounds like a lawnmower, and after running for like an hour, I found a leak in the rear cilinderhead, still gotta pinpoint were, found some wires that I can figure out what they are for as well, last thing spend the afternoon reading about cleaning and sync carbs and all, ran to harbor freight bought a compression tester, as soon as a get home I see thousands of bad reviews of the tester so no compression test today

Next is fuel filter, need to look it up in tech section 😎

You might want to consider relocating the filter. It's buried, is a PITA to get to, and as long as your in there you might as well make it easier to get to it the next time. I relocated the filter on the '99 up under the saddle...

My son and I finally put on some 2" risers yesterday. Working on the adjustments yesterday too. Because I am shorter getting the offset to the back was a little interesting with the gas cover. Having that flip backwards has always been the only thing I've had issues with. As long as the bars are square I can open and close the cover other than that the bars don't interfere with it. It can be done by yourself but much easier with a second person.

It's a great addition in my opinion. I have no problem opening my gas cap with the bars at full lock either direction. I guess it depends upon how you need them adjusted. At any rate, it made my '18 very comfortable.

My issue wasn't so much height as I needed a slight height and to reduce the reach a little. I can open the gas cap itself without issue and move the bars fully in either direction after the flip lid is opened. I'll probably be tweeking it for a while. I ride every day to work so any adjustments are normally on the weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the RSV oil and filter. The level had been above the sight glass before. The owners manual specs 3.91 qts with filter change. I put 3.5 qts in it and ran it for a few minutes before checking it. The level is over the halfway mark close to the top of the sight glass. So, it would appear to me that maybe 3.3 qts will be enough. The PO left the last oil change receipt in the trunk and they charged him for 4 qts, so maybe that is what they put in it. The bike is sitting on one of CarbonOne's adapters with legs so it's level. Are you guys with RSVs finding the same amount of oil getting to the middle or top of the sight glass?

Last night I replaced my carb diaphragm on 86 Venture, button it up for the test ride later todayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190810/ff6f62b7171b5a2df255c557fc8f5bd7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190810/1d2b4b513cad5a892cacf414e8813535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test run went well, so I took the wife and trailer out for a spin13b9c2dcd9ea34757c90f1537a343a10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tip and I rode Tweeksis 2 miles down a very loose sand two track (the trail was freshly groomed for the upcoming snowmobile season) to get back to an abandoned blue berry patch to pick blue berries to send my fruitfly daughter who lives in California. Tweeksis's excellent throttle response keeping the front end light like a dirt bike kept us from going down numerous times.. What an amazing motorcycle these old Ventures are brothers and sisters.. Get out and ride!

Puc

Are you guys with RSVs finding the same amount of oil getting to the middle or top of the sight glass?

Yup.

I run a car filter that is a little larger so I add just a tad more oil.

Be sure to check it when you get it back on the ground again.

Are you guys with RSVs finding the same amount of oil getting to the middle or top of the sight glass?

I don’t worry about measuring it. I buy it by the gallon and will add about 3 quarts, start it up and run for a few seconds, then slowly add more to about 1/3 up from the bottom of sight glass. I will recheck it after sitting overnight after the next ride to be sure it is still the same. I keep it below 1/2 on the sight glass.

i never fill it on the jack or stand. On the wheels with a block of wood under the side stand adjusted to the proper thickness to hold bike almost level. I want it to lean very slightly to the left to make sure there is weight on the side stand to keep it from wanting to tip over to the right.