IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Ordered new grommets for the side panels and started work on repairing the plastics. I had 2 broken(one completely missing) bullet points and both sides have the bottom fingers busted off. The right side main fairing is broken at the rear where it bolts up to the frame and the lowers are really messed up.

A little epoxy(devcon 10010 plastic steel) and some Kydex fabrication should do the trick. I just hope I can get good bonding to the ABS parts. It may take some rivets as well.

Acetone and donor abs plastic. Trust me

It's 12:45 AM, have finished packing Charlotte the SVTC, under a gorgeous star-filled night sky, and we are on our way to a quick coffee 'n cream cheese bagel for myself, and a full tank of Shell Premium Nitro Plus for her. Headed for Eastern Ontario and possible crossing over into Vermont, via through New York, at Gananoque, Ontario. By the time we get back, we will be well over the 600 mile oil change, that that's ok...if I get the change at a few hundred over...ce' levie!

Let's see...packed my personal kit...razor, travelling shave cream, tooth brush, cologne, toothpaste, floss sun tan lotion, so...good there.

Items:

Sunglasses

Rain Gear

I-pad

Cell phone

Sandals for walking about...

Emergency logic start code!

Binoculars

16 GB's of rock 'n roll,

Cord for my helmet...can't be without C.B.!

Look's like we are good to go! Great weather predicted for the next four days, and taking advantage of it!

All you folks, have a great next four days...

Charlotte 3, the SVTC (nice rhyme to that...lol!) and Joe, signing off for some alone time...

Cheers!

It's 12:45 AM, have finished packing Charlotte the SVTC, under a gorgeous star-filled night sky, and we are on our way to a quick coffee 'n cream cheese bagel for myself, and a full tank of Shell Premium Nitro Plus for her. Headed for Eastern Ontario and possible crossing over into Vermont, via through New York, at Gananoque, Ontario. By the time we get back, we will be well over the 600 mile oil change, that that's ok...if I get the change at a few hundred over...ce' levie!

Let's see...packed my personal kit...razor, travelling shave cream, tooth brush, cologne, toothpaste, floss sun tan lotion, so...good there.

Items:

Sunglasses

Rain Gear

I-pad

Cell phone

Binoculars

16 GB's of rock 'n roll,

Look's like we are good to go! Great weather predicted for the next four days, and taking advantage of it!

Charlotte 3, the SVTC (nice rhyme to that...lol!) and Joe, signing off for some alone time...

Cheers!

Enjoy your trip & stay safe my friend!

Enjoy your trip & stay safe my friend!

Thanks, Chief! Just about to turn off the computer and head out the door. I sure could use that gorgeous Java Cup, you just installed. Yeah..yeah...gonna have to look into that as well...

Enjoy the next few days, yourself.

Over 'n out...Vermont awaits...before the kiddies and campers spoil it....(LOL!)

Joe

Thanks, Chief! Just about to turn off the computer and head out the door. I sure could use that gorgeous Java Cup, you just installed. Yeah..yeah...gonna have to look into that as well...

Enjoy the next few days, yourself.

Over 'n out...Vermont awaits...before the kiddies and campers spoil it....(LOL!)

Joe

I don't know about you all but that is a wee bit too solid for my liking I use foam in my cup holders. And I have lost a 32oz and 20oz cup sure glad they squash easy.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Items:

Sunglasses

Rain Gear

I-pad

Cell phone

Binoculars

16 GB's of rock 'n roll,

Cheers!

OUTSTANDING!!! Be safe and hope you and Char have a RIOT out there Yamster!! By the way,,, got bad news for you,,, you aint gettin no alone time brother,, aint gonna happen!!!!! Every gas station, resturant or even potty time pull over - you are gonna be surrounded by new Venture site see'ers who will have endless questions about Char

Also,,, I see ya done goofed up here already and forgot the club rules about :photographing:'s,,,,,, like you and the rest of these lop eared VR sidewinding varmints - I know The Code and it saying: "no pics = it didnt happen" but here abouts,, we are a little more lienient and tend to default more toward:

:worthless:

Bottom line,, :fingers-crossed-emo ya got your :photographing: packed so you can take some more of those excellent pics of yours to top off your excellent stories with brother!!!!

HAVE FUN = RIDE SAFE!!!

Puc

:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:scared:,,, ah oh,,, forgot to tell ya Vaz,,, The Mackinaw Bridge that we will be crossing that protects the Yoopers of Michigan from the Trolls below them has a definite weight limit my brother :missingtooth:,,, :big-grin-emoticon:

Cant wait!!!:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

I don't know about you all but that is a wee bit too solid for my liking I use foam in my cup holders. And I have lost a 32oz and 20oz cup sure glad they squash easy.

I am of the same persuation Snype,,, I lost a really close friend of mine (amazing you bring this up,, his memorial ride is this sunday and I am hoping to ride it) to a loose cup finding its way between the steer stem and frame = instant locked up steering.. I have been a styro or thin plastic container only in my cup holder on the bars ever since..

Edited by cowpuc

I need to head north and meet shreck....

You see Shrek,, smack that lop eared ogre varmint on the back and tell em Puc said hey will ya Snype!!!!!

I understand your & Puc’s concern. My last VR had a gimballl style with a basket that I cut the bottom out of to fit a longer/larger cup. This one IS more solid but the inside of the holder ring has foam in it to give it some cushion & grip. Haven’t tried it yet, but my buddy’s HD has one and he says almost any large syrofoam coffee or drink fit in there nicely. I can go thru a Dunkin Donuts and get a large coffee to go and fit it right in there according to him. I’m gonna have to try that out!

Edited by ChiefGunner

I am of the same persuation Snype,,, I lost a really close friend of mine (amazing you bring this up,, his memorial ride is this sunday and I am hoping to ride it) to a loose cup finding its way between the steer stem and frame = instant locked up steering.. I have been a styro or thin plastic container only in my cup holder on the bars ever since..
Your actually the one that reminded me and rewarned me about it a year or so back. I believe when I asked about your cup holder. Because it looked like you had a big gulp cup in yours.

I understand your & Puc’s concern. My last VR had a gimballl style with a basket that I cut the bottom out of to fit a longer/larger cup. This one IS more solid but the inside of the holder ring has foam in it to give it some cushion & grip. Haven’t tried it yet, but my buddy’s HD has one and he says almost any large syrofoam coffee or drink fit in there nicely. I can go thru a Dunkin Donuts and get a large coffee to go and fit it right in there according to him. I’m gonna have to try that out!
Man I don't mind dumping cold on myself but I would tame the scalding coffee down that way the worst that will happen is if you dump it you may need to change if ya know what I mean. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] tinker is begging to go somewhere today but doc says a week but I do have goggles sort of there the riding glasses with foam around them to help keep air out. Eye is a little out of focus still but I can see clearly now the rain is gone its gonna be a bright sun shiny day with nothing but blue skies![emoji16] odd thing tho is I can't swim for a month but can take a bath come Thursday morning at 10 a.m. someone explain that.

You see Shrek,, smack that lop eared ogre varmint on the back and tell em Puc said hey will ya Snype!!!!!
Hoping to catch him on the road. I am not sure if its the 83s name but the guy who has owns it has been out chasing front wheel. So Tyler what did you name your bike? If you do that sort of thing.

Your actually the one that reminded me and rewarned me about it a year or so back. I believe when I asked about your cup holder. Because it looked like you had a big gulp cup in yours.

Speaking of being reminded Snyp, a long lost crazy memory popped into my feeble mind when I read this... Years ago my oldest daughter and I were on one of my 1st Gens headed cross country for some daddy/daughter ride time,, we had just stopped and topped off our cup holders big gulp with another round of Mountain Dew and had gotten clearance from the tower to fly by a semi traveling at 15k feet.. We wicked up the turbine on the V-4 and just as we cleared the big rigs rear duelies a loose cannon pot hole appeared in the shade of the rig. We hit it square on so came thru it ok but the impact tossed the styro cup into the air in an end for end fashion of such that when I caught it with my left hand the lid popped off and we got an instant ice cold bath of Mountain Dew... After calming down from the instant ice bath we both started laughing and held the laughter all the way to the point of where the Dew dried up and we realised we were glued together from the sticky sugary mess even closer than we as a father/daughter team already had been... Ahhhhh the memories of CTFW's past...

Speaking of being reminded Snyp, a long lost crazy memory popped into my feeble mind when I read this... Years ago my oldest daughter and I were on one of my 1st Gens headed cross country for some daddy/daughter ride time,, we had just stopped and topped off our cup holders big gulp with another round of Mountain Dew and had gotten clearance from the tower to fly by a semi traveling at 15k feet.. We wicked up the turbine on the V-4 and just as we cleared the big rigs rear duelies a loose cannon pot hole appeared in the shade of the rig. We hit it square on so came thru it ok but the impact tossed the styro cup into the air in an end for end fashion of such that when I caught it with my left hand the lid popped off and we got an instant ice cold bath of Mountain Dew... After calming down from the instant ice bath we both started laughing and held the laughter all the way to the point of where the Dew dried up and we realised we were glued together from the sticky sugary mess even closer than we as a father/daughter team already had been... Ahhhhh the memories of CTFW's past...
I lost my 32 and safety glasses to road destruction last year. Hit the pothole I didn't see it till last second nothing I could do my glasses fell off and the drink went splash on the road. It kinda just tilted over to the outside of the bike. My littlest one wore the glasses till about a week ago. When they gave up the ghost. The truck that was behind me ran them over and then a car I picked them up after I turned around hoping to get them before someone ran them over. I only paid 20 for them but wow to take that and just have a few scratches and a tweaked frame you bet I picked them up and took them home. There is nothing like daddy daughter time for that matter any father kid time. Those are where the best memories can be made. Now the funniest things said to. Come home after surgery and lil wrench ask did they pop your eye out? You need a hook and black eye patch and you can be a pirate![emoji23][emoji23] then 2 weeks ago he says dad why you got grey hair is it because of Essei? [emoji23] so I pause and ask why would you say such a thing he hasn't been around long enuff for me to get grey hairs yet, you kids gave me these![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by snyper316
Auto correct gotta love it

She's still a mystery to me. She hasn't revealed her name. Kind of like a dog, you know? Took 6 weeks to land on Buddy. Everyone calls dogs buddy so I just figured if my little dog thinks everyone knows his name then he has that many more friends to make.

Today I went back down to 25 minutes north of St Joe Missouri. 242 Mi round trip 6 hours 10 minutes 31 miles per gallon one dinner break of about 20 minutes at a state park where I enjoyed my leftover cheeseburger that I grilled at lunch before I left. I'm going to be in long trip shape just in time to start my job.

It was hot today! 92 degrees, pretty good wind out of the South so I started my trip riding into the wind and came home riding with it when I'm tired.

I know I've told you guys how angry I get with this motorcycle but can I tell you now just how fun it is to just sit on the back and go. She just stretches out and runs! The swimming actions are gone, everything solid and getting the ride settled in, we're still getting to know each other but we're liking each other more and more every day! I might have fainted sitting behind lowers today. I was careful to stay hydrated .

Hoping to catch him on the road. I am not sure if its the 83s name but the guy who has owns it has been out chasing front wheel. So Tyler what did you name your bike? If you do that sort of thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

She's still a mystery to me. She hasn't revealed her name. Kind of like a dog, you know? Took 6 weeks to land on Buddy. Everyone calls dogs buddy so I just figured if my little dog thinks everyone knows his name then he has that many more friends to make.

Today I went back down to 25 minutes north of St Joe Missouri. 242 Mi round trip 6 hours 10 minutes 31 miles per gallon one dinner break of about 20 minutes at a state park where I enjoyed my leftover cheeseburger that I grilled at lunch before I left. I'm going to be in long trip shape just in time to start my job.

It was hot today! 92 degrees, pretty good wind out of the South so I started my trip riding into the wind and came home riding with it when I'm tired.

I know I've told you guys how angry I get with this motorcycle but can I tell you now just how fun it is to just sit on the back and go. She just stretches out and runs! The swimming actions are gone, everything solid and getting the ride settled in, we're still getting to know each other but we're liking each other more and more everyday!

I haven't found that my shins just below my knee tend to hit the sharp edge of the fairing where the lowers would be attached if I had lowers on it. I might have fainted sitting behind lowers today. I was careful to stay hydrated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I rode her hard and put her away wet[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I was enjoying the ride to then it rained buckets. My son got the worse part of the deal as he don't have fairings on his bike so right now my riding shoes are soaked. Ok I loved riding in the rain but did stop under an overpass for shelter. Till it let up some.

I shouldn't have been riding but I needed a cigarette .. I deserved it plus look at it this way I got my shower b4 tomorrow[emoji23][emoji23]

P.S. not actual cigarette as being on the back of the bike the oxygen flying in my face is the cigarette.

Ok folks, I finally finished wiring in my Dash Alarm Indicator (my name for it).

I think it’s pretty trick! Let me know what ya think?

That is supposed to go between your headlight in the grill...

That is supposed to go between your headlight in the grill...

No place to put it up there. Besides, it’s a visual deterrent to go along with the alarm. Had a similar setup on my 91 VR.

I pretty much finished up the plastic repairs on The Beast today. There's still a couple places that are so bad I'm not sure if I can do anything with them but they aren't in critical areas so they may be left as is. I did have to use quite a few rivets so there will be a paint job in the future but I've never been one to worry about the bling. It may be a long time before it gets painted. For now at least there will be no more rattling or bits flying off as I go down the highway and the side covers don't need screws to hold them on anymore.

After the epoxy sets over night, I'll put her back together and snap a pic or two.