IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Broview wouldnt send to Australia from Amazon so I found an alternative on fleabay and installed last night. Haven't road tested yet but so far all is good with this plug and play instal.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/be0916b7d50835a581be8149192fe504.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/5b7d99ef0d6a019cfff6426ae0dff2c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

519816e106de3984bc80653a7753e044.jpg

Tonight I was going to adjust the rear shock so I was taking off the panels on the right side to get to the top nut on the shock.

You have to take the right side passenger foot pad off and take the plastic cover off. Pic #2

Pic #3 with the 14 mm bolt shown with the ink pen pointing to it was out all the way. The only thing holding it from falling off on the hwy. was the plastic cover.

I put Loctite on it and tightened to 80 ft. lbs. That seemed like a good feel. Thought to myself. Better check the other side. Sure enough that bolt was very loose but not out all the way out.

Just thought ya might want to check yours sometime. They are good size bolts. So, that's what I did. Adjust the shock and tighten two bolts that I didn't know was loose.:thumbsup2:http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109083&d=1493342038http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109084&d=1493342058http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109085&d=1493342104

Checked those on my 99. All good here.

Worked on my 1986 Venture Royale named "Walt" over the weekend in preparation for my cross country trip from Calgary AB Canada down to Phoenix AZ USA next month. Did the following:

1. Put a new pair of Shoes on Walt.....replaced both front and rear tires with Shinko 230 Tour Masters

2. Replaced front and rear wheel bearings

3. Lubed drive shaft

4. "Installed" Ride On to balance wheels and help prevent punctures on my upcoming trip

5. Installed a R6 Blue Dot calliper on Rear wheel (front's were already upgraded)

6. Decoupled front and rear brakes

7. Installed stainless steel braided brake hoses on both front callipers

8. Changed and bleed brake fluid.

Lots of work....and I'm a bit stiff and sore from wrestling with the tires and laying on the garage floor (sure could have used a motorcycle lift!). First time I have replaced tires and bearings myself....not too bad once you get the hang of it!

Almost ready to hit the road to Phoenix!!!

HAD A BURNT OUT LED STRIP UNDLER THE RIGHT WING GLASS. Went through the whoopee box i didn't have any new ones left, i ordered 1 pack of 10 on amazon. got them the next day. Ripped the old one off got new double sided tape put th e new on reconnected IT DIDN"T WORK! Pulled the tank and r/h steering head cover found a broken wire ARRGGHHHH resolver and some anti chaff good to go. Also added the Broview LED to the headlamp housing.

Busy night last night. Installed OEM saddle bag lid rails, caliper covers, driving lights and made a start on the fishtails. Finish the mufflers tonight.90e971ffee1c06d676cb9b1acbf56c3c.jpg56e077a99d095e72cf2ff5da54d57dda.jpg7faa8ad28b21ff38e090230810d68f4e.jpg64b0fd8e5c9958f5ae8b0739b33dfde3.jpgcacc4b1abad5babf3ac81587c85ecf31.jpg

Went for a test ride to Elbow Falls on Walt my 86 Venture Royale.....I call it a test ride as I'm testing out the bike after:

- New tires

- New wheel bearings front and back

- Oil change and filter

- Brake delinking and new braided stainless lines

- Trying out my new gear of HiVis mesh jacket, motorcycle boots, modular helmet and Sena helmet cam.

All of this to shake out the bugs for my long ride from Calgary Canada to Phoenix USA in a few weeks. It was a great ride with no issues...Yippie!

Also signed up for the REVER app and tried it out for the first time.....It is pretty cool to map your trips. If there are any other Venture REVER users out there would be great "friend" you in the app. Here is a screenshot of my trip and a quick pic of the Falls

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 11.56.46 AM.jpg IMG_0682.jpg

Went for a short ride to visit mom and dad. Got home and removed the trunk lid, sanded and am repainting it. Had a nasty scratch right in the middle of it that's driving me bonkers😃 2 coats on now and gonna apply at least one more before I lay some clear. This is my first attempt at something like this so wish me luck!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

well I went for a short 15mile ride. left it parked behind garage. primed the 920s gas tank and side covers. Ended up having to put bike away. Tried to help build a fence at kids house. I'm as close to worthless as you can get. Hurting so bad tonight. What did I do to myself. Good thing I'm not a animal would get euphonized. :backinmyday: