IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Spent 1/2 day trying to put braces on the engine guards of the RSV. Right will be easy but the left has me stumped. Looks like I'm going to have to take off the foot rest and gestimate the hole location. The brace doesn't fit well anywhere in the tiny area I could put a bolt head on the foot rest mount. Hmmm...thinking now my left side engine guard may be bent. Sure doesn't look it but....there isn't anywhere to clamp on the guard where the brace will connect.

Back to drawing boards...

Spent 1/2 day trying to put braces on the engine guards of the RSV. Right will be easy but the left has me stumped. Looks like I'm going to have to take off the foot rest and gestimate the hole location. The brace doesn't fit well anywhere in the tiny area I could put a bolt head on the foot rest mount. Hmmm...thinking now my left side engine guard may be bent. Sure doesn't look it but....there isn't anywhere to clamp on the guard where the brace will connect.

I drilled an tapped the floor board mounting brackets, bolted a short aluminum "strap" at a 45 deg angle towards the crash bar and bolted it to a chrome bar clamp on the lower end of the crash bar. I'll post a photo later when I get home.

Solved a very weird Misfire Mystery.. Bike ran fine then it got warmed up it would start to miss. Today I fired her up and she had the misfire from the start. Held my knuckles to all cylinder heads and could tell they were getting warm except for on in the R/R. Did another spark test had spark. Put plug cap back on same misfire so I pulled the cap and it was rattling. So got 2 new ones as that is all they had came home put them on and no more miss... I have read about coils and pickups doing this but never had a cap do it. So I will be riding her like I stole her now.. Ok I will be honest I got a good spook today a guy on a lawnmower pulled right out in front of me today. I thought for sure I was gonna hit him. I tell ya that bike handles pretty good for being as big as it is.

Beautiful day so at my wife's insistence I took a friend of hers for a ride. Last time I did this she got a half dozen phone calls telling her I was out riding around with another woman on my bike. Just can't get away with anything on this island. Waiting for the phone calls to begin.

Beautiful day so at my wife's insistence I took a friend of hers for a ride. Last time I did this she got a half dozen phone calls telling her I was out riding around with another woman on my bike. Just can't get away with anything on this island. Waiting for the phone calls to begin.

She may be testing the emergency broadcast system or a reminder for you that it's in place. :no-no-no:

Plug cap; good catch! On older Yammies failed resister caps are common.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Started in on replacing steering bearings with all balls and am part way through a front brake up grade to 4 piston calipers and SS lines.

So I've been digging around here for the fairing removal secrets. looks like getting at the two bolts that hold the fairing frame to the top triple is the last trick. (I sure hope so anyways) :scratchchin:. will do fork oil change based on years since new, 16K miles on a 99.

Took a couple of covers over to Cycle Gear for warantee replacement. One for the '07 and one for the '99. I really like those covers. All weather and waranteed for 5 years. Bought the first in 2013, five total over the next couple of years, and they are an over the counter replacement. These last two had lost there waterproofing, and with all the rain we've been having they needed replacing. They were stored under cover in a canopy tent that I picked up off eBay, but it disintegrated in less than a year. Piece of cr@p Carson. So I'm now in the market for a new garage canopy. There's one from Canada that looks like it might last a while. Cover-Tech.com Well that's out $500 bucks to ship it... The search goes on...